Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
With a Rubi I can do a simple 2” or 2 1/2” spacer lift for around $400. I am guessing but w the Moab (Sahara) I would have to do a “real” 3” lift to fit the tires in wo rubbing issues. Cost would be much higher for that. Heavy wheeling is not in my future. Beach or light trails but no boulders requiring lockers.
I would NOT put 37s on a Moab. 35s ... maybe. But not 37s. I'm not sure that rear axle could handle it. If that's your plan, def order a Rubi unless you plan to replace the entire axle.
Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now that you have had it almost a month. Have you made any modifications? What would you like to change?
One other thing I would recommend doing for anyone waiting on their Moab. If you have a garage or carport, go ahead and install a hoist in your garage. The top isn't particularly heavy, but it is large and awkward. Removing it is at least a 2 person job (and they'd need to be 2 decently strong people). But with a hoist it becomes an easy one-person job. I went with the Lange Originals Hoist-a-Top, but there are other good ones as well. Basically for a manual one (crank pulley system), you're looking between $100-200. For a power one, you're looking $400-500.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
I had the same question about the rock rail/side steps. My dealer sent me some pics of a 2018 Moab he has on his lot. Hope this helps.

MOAB1.jpeg

MOAB2.jpeg

MOAB3.jpeg
looks great...now i want to order these for my Rubicon order...wonder if its gonna be available ??

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
looks great...now i want to order these for my Rubicon order...wonder if its gonna be available ??
Not sure sending them to Chicago makes sense, but for those in the NorCal area, I will be selling these MOPAR rockrail/sidesteps soon after my Moab comes in. I have a pair of side steps for my younger children that will need to go on right away. DM me if interested.

Sponsored

JLUR_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Doesn't look like they're an option on the order guide. You can pick them up using Mopar part # 82215165AB and sell your rubi take-off steps to recover some of the cost. Maybe your dealer will make you a deal at their cost.

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure sending them to Chicago makes sense, but for those in the NorCal area, I will be selling these MOPAR rockrail/sidesteps soon after my Moab comes in. I have a pair of side steps for my younger children that will need to go on right away. DM me if interested.
ya it would probably cost way to much to get them here...plus they will be damaged in transport im sure

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doesn't look like they're an option on the order guide. You can pick them up using Mopar part # 82215165AB and sell your rubi take-off steps to recover some of the cost. Maybe your dealer will make you a deal at their cost.
wow, almost $900 ...no thanks. HaHa, i will just get some brand new Take offs Sahara steps for $75 here in Chicago. Wife is a shorty!

JxRYE

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Yes, two (and they're minor)
1. The antennae is an old school tall metal one that flaps in your field of vision all the time (it's in front of the passenger door). Change it to a more aggressive and shorter (thick plastic black). Looks much better. They're approx $20 online and take under 3 minutes to change.
2. Disappointed that the Mopar all weather mats didn't include one for the rear storage area. So I picked one up from Weathertech, but annoyed I had to spend the $100.

Other than that, love it! It's been an unseasonably warm autumn so I've gotten plenty of top-off driving. Did my first real trail ride, and the Moab handled it like a beast. I was able to climb a 4-ft waterfall, and the only modification to my Jeep was that I had aired down the tires to about 25 psi (I have video, PM me if anyone wants to see it). Speaking of which for anyone who does plan to eventually go offroad, you may also want to pick up a portable air compressor (so you can air back up afterwards for the drive home).

For any Moab owners (or any JL owners for that matter), note that you are able to life the Jeep 2.5", but anything more than that will void your warranty! I don't plan to for now, because the Moab looks badass and aggressive with the 32" mud tires and steel bumper. But if the Jeep was raised, those tires would look a lot smaller. So my current plan is to drive it as-is until these tires wear out, then think about buying new ones and lifting the Jeep then. But that will be a few years.
That is funny, I already ordered an antenna X. It will be the first or second thing I do. Other than that my only other plan is to put a Vault/safe somewhere. Other than that it will stay stock for a while.

Sponsored

Jnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Moab
Same reception?
I’m probably not the best test case for it. I’m close enough to NYC that the reception is no different. If you have weaker signals you listen to, it might be different.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m probably not the best test case for it. I’m close enough to NYC that the reception is no different. If you have weaker signals you listen to, it might be different.
Ditto that. Worth noting that the upgraded entertainment system has HD Radio, which strenthens the signal. I went with a 9” stubby antennae and around the city I have no issues. But if you’re out away from broadcasters it may be diminished.

And of course all Jeeps come with one year of XM if all else fails