Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
No you will not as The Mojito color has been discontinued and no longer available for order on the 2019 models...guess he will have to like the new Bikini color when it comes out.
Sponsored

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
I was also told by Jeep corporate representative that the Moab will be continued into 2019. My Mojito 2018 had been stuck in I status for 3 weeks so I started reaching out to the top people to get it shaken loose. I've spoken with them 2x thia week and yay my Mojito Rubi is FINALLY on it's way. I did ask them about the short Moab ordering window, as that would be my choice if reordering, and they confirmed it will continue into 2019 and that the first dealer stock has been shipped. I'm sticking with my Rubi as it's finally on it's way and Mojito is no longer available. Now anyone that ordered a Mojito Moab will have a very rare Jeep. Hope that helps someone.

Why can't we get more clarity on the status of the Moab ordering? Anyone else heard that it will be possible to order Moab in a couple weeks with 2019's?
So what's the consensus here... Do most of you think that the Moab will be available for order with the 2019's or was it a 2018 only special edition?

Have special editions in the past spanned multiple years? What time of year do they typically announce special editions?
I just received written confirmation from Northern California district manager that the 24M package, Moab edition, will be available to add to Sahara trim orders when the ordering banks open for the 2019’s as planned next week.

It has been suggested that some dealerships are using the confusion to enhance their negotiating position on already ordered 2018 Moab
Jeeps. I’m not saying they do so nefariously, they may just be operating without all of the correct information regarding the 2019 status.

person500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Moab Edition, 2018 JLU Sahara
I ordered a Mojito Moab, but canceled because a dealer gave me a great deal on both sale and trade for a fully loaded Mojito Sahara on the lot. My moabification is in progress for much less than ordering from the factory, combo of the deal plus already having Rubi wheels. But having the Mojito factory version would be cool just for the rarity of it. Hopefully there’s a couple out there!

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
I ordered a Mojito Moab, but canceled because a dealer gave me a great deal on both sale and trade for a fully loaded Mojito Sahara on the lot. My moabification is in progress for much less than ordering from the factory, combo of the deal plus already having Rubi wheels. But having the Mojito factory version would be cool just for the rarity of it. Hopefully there’s a couple out there!
Is the dealership going to take your Mojito Moab or did it really get cancelled? I'd love to see an actual one in person.

person500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Moab Edition, 2018 JLU Sahara
No idea. I canceled the order just 3 days after I placed it. No idea if they canceled the whole thing or decided to take delivery.

Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
So what's the consensus here... Do most of you think that the Moab will be available for order with the 2019's or was it a 2018 only special edition?

Have special editions in the past spanned multiple years? What time of year do they typically announce special editions?
Good news - the 2019 order bank sheet is available and the Moab is still available. $100 more than last year (and I think a few options also increased modestly in price), but overall unchanged. The only big change is that the tan interior appears to no longer be available - guess I'm going to have one of the only Moab editions with a tan interior.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...4-door-jlu-order-guide-and-pricing-u-s.15026/

On a separate note, is there anyone in the Ohio area planning to order a dual top? When I ordered, only a premium black soft top was available for dual tops, but I would prefer tan (matches my interior). The 2019 order sheet makes it look like the tan is now available. If anyone would be willing to order a tan one and swap for my black, I'd be happy to toss a few dollars your way.

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
Anyone actually order a Moab today?

mclaugh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLU Moab
Anyone actually order a Moab today?
I'm curious who has ordered one as well. If you're considering a near fully- loaded Sahara, the Moab edition can be a good value in either model year- whether you want the Rubicon hood/steel front bumper or not. The only concern I truly have is the (KM2?) Mud Tires- hoping that can be swapped out at the dealer for KO2's.

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you put a build sheet together, it appears to show black/tan leather on the build sheet. I thought this was interesting as the pictures in the press release only show black leather. Anyone have any insight into this? Apparently its not an option that can be changed in the system, so it seems odd that it lists on the sheet as “black/tan heritage” under the leather seat line item.

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious who has ordered one as well. If you're considering a near fully- loaded Sahara, the Moab edition can be a good value in either model year- whether you want the Rubicon hood/steel front bumper or not. The only concern I truly have is the (KM2?) Mud Tires- hoping that can be swapped out at the dealer for KO2's.
I think regardless of whether they were to provide a KM2 or KO2, I was always going to upsize it to a 315/70 R17 KO2 tire so the real question is whether they will offer a “credit” of sorts for changing the tires before driving the vehicle and swapping the tires at the dealership for one’s preferred set up.

Sponsored

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok good news, I just placed my order. 2019 Moab, Sting Gray, with Advanced Safety, Cold Weather and Trailer Tow packages included. Black leather option was available for selection (I guess it was a glitch earlier in the day). No VIN number or anything yet but the long wait to order is officially over for me.

mclaugh

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLU Moab
Ok good news, I just placed my order. 2019 Moab, Sting Gray, with Advanced Safety, Cold Weather and Trailer Tow packages included. Black leather option was available for selection (I guess it was a glitch earlier in the day). No VIN number or anything yet but the long wait to order is officially over for me.
Congrats! Do you mind sharing where you landed, either vs invoice or MSRP?

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! Do you mind sharing where you landed, either vs invoice or MSRP?
I ended up just under 1% below invoice. I got there with the Tread Lightly Affiliate Pricing and then I pushed a bit more for a round number which got me another 0.5% lower. It's nothing to brag about but the dealer stood pretty firm and I'm in Northern California where the cost of living is out of control and there is typically less room. So even though I had a quote from a dealer in VA for $1800 cheaper there was a significant cost associated with getting the car back to California. As far as other California dealers, I had some dealers who insisted on MSRP and other's that came down to invoice.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you put a build sheet together, it appears to show black/tan leather on the build sheet. I thought this was interesting as the pictures in the press release only show black leather. Anyone have any insight into this? Apparently its not an option that can be changed in the system, so it seems odd that it lists on the sheet as “black/tan heritage” under the leather seat line item.
I ordered a 2018 Moab in late August, and can confirm that it does have tan seats. However from looking at the 2019 build sheet, it doesn't look like tan seats will be an option on ANY Wranglers. However note that Jeep updates the build sheet every ~2 months or so. Therefore it's possible the tan seats will reappear later in the 2019 model year. But if not, guess I have one of the few ones with tan seats!

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up just under 1% below invoice. I got there with the Tread Lightly Affiliate Pricing and then I pushed a bit more for a round number which got me another 0.5% lower. It's nothing to brag about but the dealer stood pretty firm and I'm in Northern California where the cost of living is out of control and there is typically less room. So even though I had a quote from a dealer in VA for $1800 cheaper there was a significant cost associated with getting the car back to California. As far as other California dealers, I had some dealers who insisted on MSRP and other's that came down to invoice.
Congrats! Last week my wife and I were in Sonoma for our anniversary and I convinced her to let me rent a Wrangler (it was a standard Sport, but better than a Chevy Malibu I guess). We drove it up to the top of the mountain in the Anderson Redwoods State Park, which I am willing to bet most 4x4s couldn't have made. Make sure to get out there and enjoy the Jeep once it comes in - you're in the perfect state to take advantage of it!
Sponsored