Scottroxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Occupation
Poet
Vehicle Showcase
Right..I was gonna ask...so what's NEW about it? I'm expecting something ridic awesome inside the cabin or something amazingly hawttt under the the hood or with the chassis...but at this point, I don't see anything different except the "moab" badge?

Am I missing something here? Is it a Sahara with a Rubi suspension maybe? Someone help a sistah out! :movember:

*edited*: Rubicon hood, rubicon front bumper, Moab badge? Is this it?
It’s an appearance package put together with options already available. At that price You’re better off with a rubicon. At least you will get the suspension, fenders and lockers/disconnect. Key features imo.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
It might be something that just gets sent out to dealers without much fanfare...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think this is a good option for the Sahara buyer that likes the Rubicon hood and wheels. Definitely not for me but for a lot of the "Sahara or Rubicon?" buyers this could be the right mix.

Sponsored

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
I wish the front fenders were higher like the Rubicon. The way it is makes it look odd.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
I think this is a good option for the Sahara buyer that likes the Rubicon hood and wheels. Definitely not for me but for a lot of the "Sahara or Rubicon?" buyers this could be the right mix.
I'm in that camp; don't need the weight/cost/complexity of lockers+big front axle, and prefer LSD for snow/ice. I think the Rubicon looks great but can't stand the Sahara silver trim or either wheel option.

I'd be down with the Moab if it was offered with a 6MT. Although I really don't like body-colored hard top or fenders, so probably not. Now leaning toward a Sport S and I'll get some Rubicon take-off wheels/tires and the LED headlights from Mopar.

Dodgeman70592

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2011 Challenger SRT IE #94, 2023 392XR
Only thing that remotely interest me is the optional American flag hood decal. While I have found those decals for the full hood, never found the Mopar ones for the Rubicon hood. The Moab comes with a Rubicon hood, so the graphic should be for said hood. The dealer code listed only brings up the full graphic, so I dunno..

JeepJLNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid
I'm not quite sure what the appeal of this special edition is? It's more money and less capable than the Rubicon.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Because its between a Sahara and Rubicon. A Sahara i like prices out more than a rubicon usually

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What I want to know is why do the 2 pictures shown here not reflect the actual appearance? They show the plastic rubi bumper and wheels that are not what is listed.

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
What I want to know is why do the 2 pictures shown here not reflect the actual appearance? They show the plastic rubi bumper and wheels that are not what is listed.
I was wondering the same. The decal in the graphic is also different than the actual pictures

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So here’s what I can deduce from this surprise announcement.
  • We’re gonna have to call this a RubiHara, naturally.
  • We now have proof of what caused the rail yard fires. The hybrid batteries theory was a red herring to throw us of the real culprit: hot, illicit Rubicon on Sahara action out behind the parts bin that was intense enough to ignite nearby innocent Jeeps into bursting into flames. The proof? Months later we are gifted with this baby that is clearly the product of inter-trim level fornication. Has it’s dad’s looks and it’s mother’s heart.
  • Rather than terminating early, Jeep decided to let it go full term and profit.
  • Jeep can tell us this is a 2018 model if they want, but clearly it’s a 2019.
  • Which leads me to this thought - Hella Yella and Nacho are conspicuously absent from the list of available colors and there are two new colors for 2019. Now we know which colors are staying and which are leaving in 2019.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
This isn't anything new. Almost all of the JK special editions were Sahara models with some extra content. Heck the JK Moab edition was exactly the same as this! It was a Sahara with the heat reduction hood, steel bumpers, and Rubicon wheels and tires. It's only a matter of time before we get a Dragon edition JL........:giggle:
Sponsored