Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Umm.... donā€™t wanna think about it. Google Dragon edition jk. Look for interior shots too.:facepalm:. Real genuine Dragon skin trim.
We have made a pact to never speak of this edition again. I trust you to honor that. Say itā€™s name 3 times and it comes back to life!

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
We have made a pact to never speak of this edition again. I trust you to honor that. Say itā€™s name 3 times and it comes back to life!
Kinda why I used the research it yourself answer. Donā€™t want it popping up in my search history for someone to find sometime and think Iā€™m a pervert :cwl:

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Sting Gray or Punk'n? I like punk'n, but i think sting gray may look better with colored top and the black accents...

Sponsored

Figment490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, 2015 JKU Rubicon (sold)
So first I think this idea that there are only 2 types of Wrangler owners- Mall Crawlers and Hard core Rubicon owners is totally false.

Most of us fall somewhere in between. For instance, mine's my daily driver so yes it goes to the mall, I also offroad with it at Rausch in PA 6-10X a year but frankly I'm not doing blacks and what not there as It's my DD and I can't afford to break it, so to be realistic I can handle any of the trails I'm going to do there- blues mostly, without all the Rubi goodies. My pretty stock Backcountry ( SE 2016 Sahara) has handled every trail I've thrown at it just fine. Mine also pulls my camper (2800lb Vicking BH) frequently 6-8 times a year, and it spends about 60+ days a year driving on the beach.

If I had to classify my main reason for why I have a Wrangler it would be because it's a 5 person convertible with 4 wheel drive that I can drive on the beach. I can't get that anywhere else, with anything else. The offroad capabilites and ability to go offroading at a park are bennies to me, not it's main purpose for my use. I've grown to really enjoy doing that but it's not actually why I own one. There are probably a lot of owners like me. Too be honest, the person who convinced me to buy one has never taken theirs off the pavement at all, no sand, no off-roading but still loves it. I've also really grown to love the Jeep community ( some would say cult) and that for sure been a bonus but again, not strictly why I own one or why I bought one.

Which brings me to this MOAB edition. Had I not already ordered a Rubicon, that should be delivered soon, this would have been my pick probably.
I want all the option it's coming with. (If you don't want all the goodies this is obviously not the Wrangler for you but given the fact that the dealerships are ordering alot of their stock with all these goodies I have to assume there are alot of people ordering them.)

I'm hoping this is my last wrangler and I'm going to drive it until it just won't go anymore, so I want it with all the bells and whistles. Pricing it out, with all the options that the MOAB is coming with standard, adds $12, 030 to the Base Sahara price, By buying the Moab, you get all those same options for $10,905 plus you get Steel bumpers $1295, Rubi hood $900, and upgraded rock rail $995, none of which you can even get on a Sahara and was one of the reasons I didn't order one. That saves you a whopping $4,315 dollars compared to building it out with all those options. That seems like a no brainer to me, if you, like many wrangler owners are never going to actually need your sway bar disconnect and lockers.

Now obviously if you want to hardcore offroad you're better off going with the Rubicon but it's going to price out at $54,075 comparing apples to apples ( same options etc) for the $3000 dollar difference, I'd choose the Special Edition. You get the looks of the Rubicon, the Steele Bumpers, all wheel drive, and it's still really capable off road.

So for everyone who's wondering who is going to buy this, that's my take on it. I think it's a great addition to the line up and I wish it had been available when I ordered, though I'm totally sure I'm going to love my Rubicon when it get's here.

(One last thought I agree with not liking the body color hard top, especially for the really loud colors, ( I ordered the Mojito) but truthfully I'm positive you could trade that to someone who didn't get one and gt a black one and probably even make a little money on it. That alone wouldn't keep me from ordering because in worst case scenario you could do an even trade, someone would jump on it,)
Agreed wholeheartedly. Love my Rubi, but in the market for an upgrade and getting out of clunky stick shift of the JK. And yes, I too got it largely because it's the only 4 door convertible on the market. I think that fact gets missed quite a bit in all the debates over who deserves to drive a Jeep. I was torn on Rubi vs. Sahara due to the Selec-trac on the Sahara. May actually be moving up your way to Hershey and figured the Selec-trac would be good to have in the snow. I've been holding out for rumors that the Rubicon may have Selec-trac available for 2019, but this Moab may end my wait. Has the features I need from the Sahara with the looks I want from the Rubicon.

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
Agreed wholeheartedly. Love my Rubi, but in the market for an upgrade and getting out of clunky stick shift of the JK. And yes, I too got it largely because it's the only 4 door convertible on the market. I think that fact gets missed quite a bit in all the debates over who deserves to drive a Jeep. I was torn on Rubi vs. Sahara due to the Selec-trac on the Sahara. May actually be moving up your way to Hershey and figured the Selec-trac would be good to have in the snow. I've been holding out for rumors that the Rubicon may have Selec-trac available for 2019, but this Moab may end my wait. Has the features I need from the Sahara with the looks I want from the Rubicon.
Yep, if heaven forbid my Rubicon Jeep gets killed in Inspection, I'll be ordering this instead. I dont really want to give up my manual, but I would to get the select trac because it's way more practical here. This would be perfect for my needs and with the Rubicon exterior and Sahara interior I could give up my manual for the awd. However, I'm really hoping my Rubi is going to pass inspection this week and make it's way to me!

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
My sticker says 21.5 ... didnā€™t pay extra, so Iā€™m not sure what theyā€™re saying.
My dealer added extra 5 gallons on mine. Stock is 21.5 I believe...

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ
I think this is a great package and definitely has a market. Fully loaded Sahara with more rugged looks? Pretty sweet. People acting like only the Rubicon is off-road capable lmao. I'd still choose a Rubicon over the Moab but come on.

I think that this is a decent special edition if you want selec-trac. But it would be a lot better if you could spec black fenders and a black roof instead of painted ones. That would make it a more desirable trim since you canā€™t order a Sahara without painted fenders.
Looks like to get a black roof you have to order the dual top option. I'd rather have just a soft top so would probably sell the hard top anyway. Black fenders would be a nice option, but I personally prefer the painted ones for that classic Jeep look (CJ, YJ, TJ).

JD Flick

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Algorithmic Trading Strategies
Externals of a Rubicon with internals of a Sahara, if I read it right.

Guess someone who doesn't need lockers/sway, but wants to look cooler than a Sahara.

Which makes it all the funnier to call it Moab.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Actually if it had at least a rear locker available, I would have considered it. But Iā€™m happy with my Rubi, and itā€™s had no issues at all. Iā€™m good.
Sponsored