2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Moab Edition - Official Specs and Pricing!

1. jl73660

jl73660 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Moab - Sting Grey
    Liked:
    I would describe my Moab steering as floaty but not seeing the death wobble or anything like that, it just floats a bit more than I would like laterally from side to side as the pitch of the road changes. Overall very happy with my vehicle !

2. KCC_703

KCC_703 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
    Liked:
    Sweet! My wife has only driven the vehicle a few times, but she doesn't like the feeling. I'll probably do something to stiffen up the steering... there have been some good posts for aftermarket components that seems to help.

Stay in touch, I'm a few miles from the airport.

3. Columbus104

Columbus104 Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Kurtis
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler Moab (white), 2017 Ford Escape Titanium, red Power Wheels Jeep
    Liked:
    I don't think it's necessarily a good or a bad sign. If you look at any vehicle, dealerships tend to carry more in the lower trim levels than in the upper trim levels due to sticker shock. Many buyers will see the Moab's price point and instantly be scared away, and not even consider it. Therefore dealers are going to keep plenty of Sports and stripped-down Sahara's & Rubi's on the lots, because they can keep the price point under $40k. There are simply way more buyers at those price points than at $50k, so the dealers will stock accordingly.

Now it is worth noting that Jeep has historically only kept SE's for 2ish model years. The Moab was released at the tail end of the 2018 model year. With the 2020 model year scheduled to begin production this summer, it's possible the Moab won't return as a '20 to make room for a new SE. I personally would expect it to continue through at least part of '20, but that is not guaranteed.

4. Sean L

Sean L Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2017 Honda Accord Sport, 2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado, 2014 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
  5. Deerhorn

Deerhorn New Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    Ram 3500
    Liked:
    We test drove a MOAB and Rubicon. We did not feel much difference on the suspension. I thought the Rubicon would ride a bit rougher with the beefed up suspension. The Moab was quite noisy and bumpy with the tires that come with the MOAB (which I have read about). If we go with the MOAB, those tire would have to go.

6. robaw

robaw Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Rob
    Vehicle(s):
    2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
    Liked:
    Pretty sure that it was determined that the Moab has the same suspension as the Rubicon (or at least most of the parts). There was some debate back and forth and I think that's the consensus. But the Rubicon tires are definitely better!

Columbus104 likes this.
  7. JxRYE

JxRYE Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
    Liked:
    I can confirm... when I pulled the suspension off of my MOAB the part numbers matched the part numbers of the Rubicon suspension.

javelina and Sean L like this.
  8. Deerhorn

Deerhorn New Member

First Name:
    Jim
    Vehicle(s):
    Ram 3500
    Liked:
    if it has the same suspension, why does the MOAB sit lower? I am not mechanically inclined, so just asking.

9. Sean L

Sean L Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2017 Honda Accord Sport, 2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado, 2014 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    32" tires.

10. JxRYE

JxRYE Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle(s):
    1986 CJ-7 Renegade, 2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
    Liked:
    Like Sean mentioned the tires are 32", which is an inch smaller than the stock rubicon wheels. The rubicon also has higher fenders which give the appearance of sitting higher.

11. Black Moab

Black Moab Member

First Name:
    Cameron
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 JLU Moab Edition
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I just wanted to share my latest project to all my fellow wranglers. I needed a somewhat secure area to keep stuff from blowing out and from wondering eyes when the top and doors are off but i didn't want to spend $500+ for it so i decided to make my own tonneau cover out of 3/4 inch plywood, aluminum T-channel, truck bed liner, and foam weather stripping. it uses the factory hardtop bolts and holes and comes off in 2 pieces. Its not totally 100% waterproof around the roll bar and back seat and you can still fold the seats down to get to the back if someone really wants to steal something, but hey for less than $100 it keeps my stuff in on the highway and looks bada$$ and if a thief really wants to steal your stuff, they will find a way in regardless.

Tonneau cover.jpg

Sean L and Columbus104 like this.
  12. Sean L

Sean L Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Sean
    Vehicle(s):
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    Looks pretty good.