Sponsored

Mordin Solus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Umm.... don’t wanna think about it. Google Dragon edition jk. Look for interior shots too.:facepalm:. Real genuine Dragon skin trim.
I looked this up and at first thought “well that’s not so bad”. Then I cycled through more pics.

CAA1A47F-8EE2-421F-BC30-0EF9B079F6AD.gif
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Hahahahaaaaaa! Bill don't hate me but I think it's hawttt! LOL!!!!! :cwl:

The only two things i don't like are the dragon on the wheel cover and the gold trimmed rims!

I like the interior too! :(

I think the graphic on the hood and on the side is gorgeous and i love the blacked out rear lights!

Tell me why you don't like it? :giggle:

I like it! FCA got a bit overzealous but I like the concept!

http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/im...771,20772,20773,20774,20775,#&ui-state=dialog
Just something about it makes me cringe. It’s a package I’d expect on a fast and furious tuner style car, not a Jeep.
But hey... I think you can still buy the decals. Suit up lil hulk and I’ll still wave!

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just something about it makes me cringe. It’s a package I’d expect on a fast and furious tuner style car, not a Jeep.
But hey... I think you can still buy the decals. Suit up lil hulk and I’ll still wave!
Roflll! I said I like it, but NONE of that is goin on Lil' Hulk! :stop:

And your observation about the "Fast n' Furious" decor is spot on! :)

In all SERIOUSNESS:
I think it could be "improved" by lessening the decals inside...making them smaller and slightly less noticeable. Maybe have the dragon logo stitched into the headrest of the seats, sorta embossed w/same color as the leather; that way the idea is better integrated into the interior instead of being an "in yo face!" Design.

I liked a lot of the elements but felt there's TOO much going on...everything is competing with each other and the Jeep is just sitting in the background. When that happens then i feel like the concept/goal of the design wasn't achieved.

Overall I like the concept and the gold trim and accents and graphics...just not so much juxtaposed togetha lol.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Roflll! I said I like it, but NONE of that is goin on Lil' Hulk! :stop:

And your observation about the "Fast n' Furious" decor is spot on! :)

In all SERIOUSNESS:
I think it could be "improved" by lessening the decals inside...making them smaller and slightly less noticeable. Maybe have the dragon logo stitched into the headrest of the seats, sorta embossed w/same color as the leather; that way the idea is better integrated into the interior instead of being an "in yo face!" Design.

I liked a lot of the elements but felt there's TOO much going on...everything is competing with each other and the Jeep is just sitting in the background. When that happens then i feel like the concept/goal of the design wasn't achieved.

Overall I like the concept and the gold trim and accents and graphics...just not so much juxtaposed togetha lol.
I think it was designed by and for non wrangler people. The same concept on another vehicle built by Jeep might have worked. As it is, it’s probably destined to be the least liked wrangler ever.
And now you know what a Dragon was, and GI Joe used to say, knowing is half the battle!

Sponsored

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Does anyone know if this is orderable yet? I thought the banks don’t open up again until sept? And for 2019s that is

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
I think I may get one...I was having a hard time deciding between Sahara or Rubicon. The Moab is only $1,000 more than a Sahara I'd build...and a little less than a Rubicon I'd build. Plus get some extra things. I have no use for lockers or sway bar disconnects...no trails around here. I think the Sahara platform would be bettee for the snow around here. Only thing I dont like is the mud tires.
I would have given it a hard look, but ordered a JLUR early this year with an MT. The sahara 4wd system has advantages over the rubi.

As for tires; they'll wear out and can be replaced with whatever so that doesn't seem like a deal breaker if you are doing any milage on them.

GL!

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
LOLLL! This is correct! Most people I know have no idea where to offroad and there are so many Jeeps in my city that are purchased for "city life".

But tbh Idc if their Jeep never sees dirt. I'm only concerned about what I'm doing in mine...whether I'm offroading, commuting in the city, taking pics of its glorious green with my nails or matching bike. :cwl:

I have no concern or annoyance with anyone that has a Jeep to "mall crawl" whatever that means. As long as nobody is intending to physically harm someone with their Jeep, I'm chilling!

Tbh I didn't expect there to be so much negativity behind this Moab?
I'm quite surprised about this lol. Shrugs.
IMHO anyone that thought the first MY special editions would come with a half dozen totally unique parts...IDK. I'm surprised they even did an edition within the model lineup. It was never going to be a totaly new trim since they have a S, SS, Sahara, Rubi.

Surprised all the humbdrumb after all the excitement to get some SEs this year.

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
I think that this is a decent special edition if you want selec-trac. But it would be a lot better if you could spec black fenders and a black roof instead of painted ones. That would make it a more desirable trim since you can’t order a Sahara without painted fenders.

Sponsored

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
So first I think this idea that there are only 2 types of Wrangler owners- Mall Crawlers and Hard core Rubicon owners is totally false.

Most of us fall somewhere in between. For instance, mine's my daily driver so yes it goes to the mall, I also offroad with it at Rausch in PA 6-10X a year but frankly I'm not doing blacks and what not there as It's my DD and I can't afford to break it, so to be realistic I can handle any of the trails I'm going to do there- blues mostly, without all the Rubi goodies. My pretty stock Backcountry ( SE 2016 Sahara) has handled every trail I've thrown at it just fine. Mine also pulls my camper (2800lb Vicking BH) frequently 6-8 times a year, and it spends about 60+ days a year driving on the beach.

If I had to classify my main reason for why I have a Wrangler it would be because it's a 5 person convertible with 4 wheel drive that I can drive on the beach. I can't get that anywhere else, with anything else. The offroad capabilites and ability to go offroading at a park are bennies to me, not it's main purpose for my use. I've grown to really enjoy doing that but it's not actually why I own one. There are probably a lot of owners like me. Too be honest, the person who convinced me to buy one has never taken theirs off the pavement at all, no sand, no off-roading but still loves it. I've also really grown to love the Jeep community ( some would say cult) and that for sure been a bonus but again, not strictly why I own one or why I bought one.

Which brings me to this MOAB edition. Had I not already ordered a Rubicon, that should be delivered soon, this would have been my pick probably.
I want all the option it's coming with. (If you don't want all the goodies this is obviously not the Wrangler for you but given the fact that the dealerships are ordering alot of their stock with all these goodies I have to assume there are alot of people ordering them.)

I'm hoping this is my last wrangler and I'm going to drive it until it just won't go anymore, so I want it with all the bells and whistles. Pricing it out, with all the options that the MOAB is coming with standard, adds $12, 030 to the Base Sahara price, By buying the Moab, you get all those same options for $10,905 plus you get Steel bumpers $1295, Rubi hood $900, and upgraded rock rail $995, none of which you can even get on a Sahara and was one of the reasons I didn't order one. That saves you a whopping $4,315 dollars compared to building it out with all those options. That seems like a no brainer to me, if you, like many wrangler owners are never going to actually need your sway bar disconnect and lockers.

Now obviously if you want to hardcore offroad you're better off going with the Rubicon but it's going to price out at $54,075 comparing apples to apples ( same options etc) for the $3000 dollar difference, I'd choose the Special Edition. You get the looks of the Rubicon, the Steele Bumpers, all wheel drive, and it's still really capable off road.

So for everyone who's wondering who is going to buy this, that's my take on it. I think it's a great addition to the line up and I wish it had been available when I ordered, though I'm totally sure I'm going to love my Rubicon when it get's here.

(One last thought I agree with not liking the body color hard top, especially for the really loud colors, ( I ordered the Mojito) but truthfully I'm positive you could trade that to someone who didn't get one and gt a black one and probably even make a little money on it. That alone wouldn't keep me from ordering because in worst case scenario you could do an even trade, someone would jump on it,)

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Jeep is like a pocket knife. Some people, a simple single blade folder works. Others want a Swiss Army knife with all the blades. My Rubi has blades I may not use but a few times during my ownership, but it’s reassuring knowing that they are there.
But I picked it and I paid for it. It’s what I wanted.
This edition will be a great choice for some people.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
So first I think this idea that there are only 2 types of Wrangler owners- Mall Crawlers and Hard core Rubicon owners is totally false.

Most of us fall somewhere in between. For instance, mine's my daily driver so yes it goes to the mall, I also offroad with it at Rausch in PA 6-10X a year but frankly I'm not doing blacks and what not there as It's my DD and I can't afford to break it, so to be realistic I can handle any of the trails I'm going to do there- blues mostly, without all the Rubi goodies. My pretty stock Backcountry ( SE 2016 Sahara) has handled every trail I've thrown at it just fine. Mine also pulls my camper (2800lb Vicking BH) frequently 6-8 times a year, and it spends about 60+ days a year driving on the beach.

If I had to classify my main reason for why I have a Wrangler it would be because it's a 5 person convertible with 4 wheel drive that I can drive on the beach. I can't get that anywhere else, with anything else. The offroad capabilites and ability to go offroading at a park are bennies to me, not it's main purpose for my use. I've grown to really enjoy doing that but it's not actually why I own one. There are probably a lot of owners like me. Too be honest, the person who convinced me to buy one has never taken theirs off the pavement at all, no sand, no off-roading but still loves it. I've also really grown to love the Jeep community ( some would say cult) and that for sure been a bonus but again, not strictly why I own one or why I bought one.

Which brings me to this MOAB edition. Had I not already ordered a Rubicon, that should be delivered soon, this would have been my pick probably.
I want all the option it's coming with. (If you don't want all the goodies this is obviously not the Wrangler for you but given the fact that the dealerships are ordering alot of their stock with all these goodies I have to assume there are alot of people ordering them.)

I'm hoping this is my last wrangler and I'm going to drive it until it just won't go anymore, so I want it with all the bells and whistles. Pricing it out, with all the options that the MOAB is coming with standard, adds $12, 030 to the Base Sahara price, By buying the Moab, you get all those same options for $10,905 plus you get Steel bumpers $1295, Rubi hood $900, and upgraded rock rail $995, none of which you can even get on a Sahara and was one of the reasons I didn't order one. That saves you a whopping $4,315 dollars compared to building it out with all those options. That seems like a no brainer to me, if you, like many wrangler owners are never going to actually need your sway bar disconnect and lockers.

Now obviously if you want to hardcore offroad you're better off going with the Rubicon but it's going to price out at $54,075 comparing apples to apples ( same options etc) for the $3000 dollar difference, I'd choose the Special Edition. You get the looks of the Rubicon, the Steele Bumpers, all wheel drive, and it's still really capable off road.

So for everyone who's wondering who is going to buy this, that's my take on it. I think it's a great addition to the line up and I wish it had been available when I ordered, though I'm totally sure I'm going to love my Rubicon when it get's here.

(One last thought I agree with not liking the body color hard top, especially for the really loud colors, ( I ordered the Mojito) but truthfully I'm positive you could trade that to someone who didn't get one and gt a black one and probably even make a little money on it. That alone wouldn't keep me from ordering because in worst case scenario you could do an even trade, someone would jump on it,)
Good post.