Sponsored

Want a Jeep

First Name
Rang-Ler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Surprised to see it's 2018. Maybe to get it in before price increases/new options?
This logic makes very little sense. One look at this Jeep shows you that it’s not a Sahara. Rock rails, steel bumpers, mud terrains, Rubi hood, etc..
In previous years, the Moab was priced under the Rubicon which made sense. If that is not the case here, then whoever ends up getting one is just taking an L

Edit: I also take an L for thinking those are mud terrains
Sponsored

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
This logic makes very little sense. One look at this Jeep shows you that it’s not a Sahara. Rock rails, steel bumpers, mud terrains, Rubi hood, etc..
In previous years, the Moab was priced under the Rubicon which made sense. If that is not the case here, then whoever ends up getting one is just taking an L

Edit: I also take an L for thinking those are mud terrains
The JK Moab wasn't built on a Rubicon platform either. It came standard with limited slip rear, D44/D30 combo and 2.72 transfer case. Metal bumpers, rock rails and a few other details.

Moab, Utah is the Jeep Mecca of the world and the "Moab" edition should be built on the Rubicon platform. I was thinking the same thing when JK Moab came out.

J SLN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
So it's a loaded re-badged sahara with a rubicon hood.

limited.jpg
Still laughing at this 10 mins after reading. Awesome post. I’d buy the thing, if green, manual and at the right discount. Sahara vs. Rubicon, everyone wants a Rubi but if 95% of your driving time is to and from work everyday, and you aren’t swimming in $cash Sahara is a very nice ride - this Moab version makes it even better.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
:surprised: :swear: :headbang: :cwl:...'nuff said. :bandit: <mic drop>

95Jeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Webster's definition . . .

Jeep: A selfish and excessive desire for more of something (such as money) than is needed.

Sponsored

Scottroxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Occupation
Poet
Vehicle Showcase
Still laughing at this 10 mins after reading. Awesome post. I’d buy the thing, if green, manual and at the right discount. Sahara vs. Rubicon, everyone wants a Rubi but if 95% of your driving time is to and from work everyday, and you aren’t swimming in $cash Sahara is a very nice ride - this Moab version makes it even better.
I commute daily in a Rubicon with 37's. The ride is great!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Massive amount of hate from probably a lot of the people complaining about not having any special editions a few months ago.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
So it's a loaded re-badged sahara with a rubicon hood.

limited.jpg
Right..I was gonna ask...so what's NEW about it? I'm expecting something ridic awesome inside the cabin or something amazingly hawttt under the the hood or with the chassis...but at this point, I don't see anything different except the "moab" badge?

Am I missing something here? Is it a Sahara with a Rubi suspension maybe? Someone help a sistah out! :movember:

*edited*: Rubicon hood, rubicon front bumper, Moab badge? Is this it?

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Massive amount of hate from probably a lot of the people complaining about not having any special editions a few months ago.
IDK...I like it tbh, but just not sure if it's a Sahara, or Rubicon or a Hybrid of both.

I like the look of it much better than the Sahara and those black rims are litttt! Freakin love it! Just trying to see what Jeep this is supposed to be? Something totally different or a combo? *shrugs* I hope to see some on the road tho, so I can giggle and wave! :rock:

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Right..I was gonna ask...so what's NEW about it? I'm expecting something ridic awesome inside the cabin or something amazingly hawttt under the the hood or with the chassis...but at this point, I don't see anything different except the "moab" badge?

Am I missing something here? Is it a Sahara with a Rubi suspension maybe? Someone help a sistah out! :movember:

*edited*: Rubicon hood, rubicon front bumper, Moab badge? Is this it?
Its no different than any other special edition wrangler, all in styling, but pretty much the same under the hood.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
IDK...I like it tbh, but just not sure if it's a Sahara, or Rubicon or a Hybrid of both.

I like the look of it much better than the Sahara and those black rims are litttt! Freakin love it! Just trying to see what Jeep this is supposed to be? Something totally different or a combo? *shrugs* I hope to see some on the road tho, so I can giggle and wave! :rock:
lol, best I can tell its a well equipped Sahara with a Rubi hood and some extra styling.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I commute daily in a Rubicon with 37's. The ride is great!
Isn’t that the exact point being made? A Rubi that commutes all day. So basically a bunch of extra parts that look cool and aren’t really needed for the environment it was meant for...

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
lol, best I can tell its a well equipped Sahara with a Rubi hood and some extra styling.
Okay lol! :cwl:

Well I think it's cute! I'm in love with the rims, I know I'm being redundant, but gosh :involve::involve::involve::involve:

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Okay lol! :cwl:

Well I think it's cute! I'm in love with the rims, I know I'm being redundant, but gosh :involve::involve::involve::involve:
Oh I like it too. It looks a lot like they took their J-Wagon concept from Moab and took the snorkel and auxiliary lights off.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Moab Edition - Official Specs and Pricing! {filename}
Sponsored