Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL/JLU) reveal at NAIAS?

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
I understand NY is suppose to be the show where all the Jeep reveals are made (as was the JK/ JKU 10 or 11 yrs ago next year), but with the GC Track Hawk confirmed by Manley for NYIAS '17 and the dates listed for JL/ JLU production, it stands to reason that we'll probably see the JL/ JLU at NAIAS next month, no?
Sponsored

ModdedJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Modded JK
Clubs

I understand NY is suppose to be the show where all the Jeep reveals are made (as was the JK/ JKU 10 or 11 yrs ago next year), but with the GC Track Hawk confirmed by Manley for NYIAS '17 and the dates listed for JL/ JLU production, it stands to reason that we'll probably see the JL/ JLU at NAIAS next month, no?
But we might see the recently announced special edition JK models making debuts at NAIAS? If so that might be bit awkward introducing those alongside the JL? Potentially draws attention away from each other.

In any case I hope it gets revealed at NAIAS so we don't have to wait an extra 3 months until NY auto show.

OP
OP
Cal_JLU

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
But we might see the recently announced special edition JK models making debuts at NAIAS? If so that might be bit awkward introducing those alongside the JL? Potentially draws attention away from each other.

In any case I hope it gets revealed at NAIAS so we don't have to wait an extra 3 months until NY auto show.
I don't know that the special edition JK/ JKU's are as big a deal as the GC Track Hawk.Further, what better way to introduce the all-new from the ground up Wrangler by bringing out two "last hurrah" special edition versions of the current form? Sounds like a grand plan to me. Now where's my paycheck for creative ideation FCA? Lol.

Nmp212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 RAM 1500
Next up would be NY show which is only 4-5 months from when production would start. That's only 1-2 months from when we would see order guides. I would think Detroit would make the most sense but the JK/JL overlap could mean a soft launch so maybe a good way to limit a huge supply shortage is tighter timeframe between reveal and ordering/production.

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In between Wranglers right now
Detroit has the most media attention for sure so it'd make sense to debut the JL/JLU there. Wouldn't be surprised if there's private invite only reveal put on by Jeep for invited media right before whatever show the car debuts at. I can also see Jeep bringing the 2018 Wrangler to Easter Jeep Safari in April to share with enthusiasts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cal_JLU

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
Next up would be NY show which is only 4-5 months from when production would start. That's only 1-2 months from when we would see order guides. I would think Detroit would make the most sense but the JK/JL overlap could mean a soft launch so maybe a good way to limit a huge supply shortage is tighter timeframe between reveal and ordering/production.
NYIAS is in April, which is three mos away from the start of JL/ JLU production. I don't think the debut will be that close.

Detroit has the most media attention for sure so it'd make sense to debut the JL/JLU there. Wouldn't be surprised if there's private invite only reveal put on by Jeep for invited media right before whatever show the car debuts at. I can also see Jeep bringing the 2018 Wrangler to Easter Jeep Safari in April to share with enthusiasts.
I really, truly and honestly believe it will be NAIAS '17, but Jeep is being especially mum about it right now. That makes sense as this is the biggest deal of an all new model debut for not just Jeep, but FCA as a whole. There probably will be some sort of an off-site launch event for the JL/ JLU as you mentioned. It would also make sense for the new Wrangler to show up at Jeep Easter Safari, where they'll probably show the first modified JL/ JLU's to whet consumers appetites with the possibilities. Especially considering the Wrangler has its very own aftermarket industry all to itself. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where they held an introductory press event where journalist will only be allowed to ride in it.

Nmp212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 RAM 1500
NYIAS is in April, which is three mos away from the start of JL/ JLU production. I don't think the debut will be that close.
Where are you getting 3 months from? That would be July. Everything I've seen has JL production starting in Sept at the earliest.

Nmp212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 RAM 1500
According to Donlen 2017 Wrangler production started on 9/19/16 with initial orders starting on 8/11/16. If it follows the same pattern the JL shouldn't see production start any sooner than Sept. Could be even later since they will have to retool for the new model, just my guess.

Here's the info:

Donlen.png

http://www.donlen.com/buildstart-trucks-chrysler.html

OP
OP
Cal_JLU

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
Where are you getting 3 months from? That would be July. Everything I've seen has JL production starting in Sept at the earliest.
My bad. July is when the order banks open. Got the dates mixed up.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I sure hope they show it next month as I'm tired of waiting .....I want there to be plenty of info out before the order banks open. I also hope they let journalist drive it before order banks open as I would love to see how drivability has changed.

Sponsored

Campbell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
Even if Manley didn't just say that a likely reveal will be in the in second half of 2017, I wouldn't have placed my bet on a Detroit NAIAS reveal. FCA has a pattern of using New York and Chicago shows for Jeep and Ram reveals for whatever reason, so those would be the more likely shows.

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
Personally I hope it gets revealed at my hometown NY show but it's not looking good. If it doesn't show up there I'm thinking it'll get a private event reveal since there isn't another notable auto show until the very end of the year in LA.
Sponsored