Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU Base and Options Price (w/ Invoice) (Sport, S, Sahara, Rubicon)

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Wow the package price on the sport S is pretty steep- maybe I’m clueless about this, but I’m not understanding these packages compared to additional options. Wouldn’t a base Sport S be standard with all the little extra power windows/ locks , Cruise control , etc ? ( for example)

I’m just confused because I’m seeing these showing up at local dealerships with “package 24s” applied -

Or is a sport S just a regular sport with package 24s applied?

I’m just trying to figure out what “invoice price “ should be for the set up I want
24s is not really a package code, just the standard car. 23s is the Sport S package code (at least for the 4 door, but I think it's the same). If you search this forum a bit, you'll find the full msrp/invoice for all. I did an interactive pricing worksheet for all of the 4 doors (search "rubicon/Sahara interactive pricing worksheet) that will put together all of the prices for you, with 1-5% below invoice totals, as well as invoice vs MSRP, but it doesn't delineate what's included on the S package. Seek and ye shall find.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Wow the package price on the sport S is pretty steep- maybe I’m clueless about this, but I’m not understanding these packages compared to additional options. Wouldn’t a base Sport S be standard with all the little extra power windows/ locks , Cruise control , etc ? ( for example)

I’m just confused because I’m seeing these showing up at local dealerships with “package 24s” applied -

Or is a sport S just a regular sport with package 24s applied?

I’m just trying to figure out what “invoice price “ should be for the set up I want
Sport S is marketed as a trim level. But it really is just a special package. So you really are just getting a base sport with a package that allows you to also order other packages that are not available on the base sport.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
24s is not really a package code, just the standard car. 23s is the Sport S package code (at least for the 4 door, but I think it's the same). If you search this forum a bit, you'll find the full msrp/invoice for all. I did an interactive pricing worksheet for all of the 4 doors (search "rubicon/Sahara interactive pricing worksheet) that will put together all of the prices for you, with 1-5% below invoice totals, as well as invoice vs MSRP, but it doesn't delineate what's included on the S package. Seek and ye shall find.
24s is automatic Sport S. 23s is manual Sport S.

MikeM1968

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It’s confusing because if a Sport S is just a sport with a package added, then shouldn’t the base invoice/ msrp be the same? I’m seeing nearly a 3k difference between the models invoice/ msrp in the list posted here.

Edit: never mind- after looking at the prices posted on the configurator site again- I think I understand it. The package just represents the options available for that particular model.

Last edited:

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Some more accessories in here that have hit the dealer systems. Screenshot and text (for searching purposes) included below.

image 2.png

• NNC - MOPAR Snorkel Ram Air Inlet - $619/$695 (Invoice/MSRP)
  • TQK - 245/75R17 All Season Tires
  • TQL - 245/75R17 All-Terrain Tires
  • TTC - 245/75R17 All-Terrain Tires
  • WBG - 17X7.5 Polished Granite Crystal Wheels - $797/$895
  • RSD - SiriusXM Satellite Radio - $263/$295
  • RC4 - Alpine Premium Audio System - $1153/$1295
  • CHD - MOPAR Hardtop Headliner - $467/$525
  • CLN - MOPAR Bright Door Sill Guards - $156/$175
  • CS3 - MOPAR Soft Top Sunbonnet - Fabric - $263/$295
  • CWA - MOPAR All-Weather Floor Mats - $116/$130
  • CWJ - Soft Top Window Storage Bag - $67/$75
  • DSA - Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle - $530/$595
  • HT1 - Black 3-Piece Hard Top - $975/$1,095
  • M9D - MOPAR Hood Decal w/American Flag - $218/$245
  • M9E - MOPAR Hood Decal: 1941 - $218/$245
  • M9F - MOPAR Bodyside Graphic Upper: 1941 - $218/$245
  • MRJ - Bodyside Side Steps
  • MRK - Tubular Side Steps - $619/$695
  • MRT - MOPAR Chrome Tubular Side Steps - $579/$650
  • MRU - Black Tubular Side Steps - $490/$550
  • NHK - Engine Block Heater - $85/$95
  • STB - Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top - $530/$595
  • XJB - MOPAR Chrome Fuel Filler Door - $174/$195

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hmm. So I could order the actual tubular side steps for my Sport S for less than the plastic sahara thing as part of my factory order?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That's only on the manual transmission equipped Wranglers. You don't get remote start with the 6 speed. It's always been that way.
Of course on the Sport S with a manual you have to also pay $195 for the near-useless Convenience group to get the Cold Weather Group. It consists of the garage door opener.

Last edited:

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Of course on the Sport S with a Manila you have to also pay $195 for the near-useless Convenience group to get the Cold Weather Group. It consists of the garage door opener.
That's not necessarily true: if you go to the dealer on a Tuesday during the full moon wearing pink socks and order the Rubicon fender flares, but only for three corners and the Alpine system without the Tech package but with the snorkel and get your JL in either Rhino or Copperhead, they'll waive the convenience package door opener and give you a bottle opener instead...

Is that Manila transmission the one from the Philippines, or does it come in one of those yellow paper envelopes?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
You are correct, that's my bad. I was building a Jeep last night after Mojito was taken away and forgot about the automatic. What happens when you're tired as hell but can't wait to order your jeep
Perhaps your mojito was finished and you were just cranky...:angry:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That's not necessarily true: if you go to the dealer on a Tuesday during the full moon wearing pink socks and order the Rubicon fender flares, but only for three corners and the Alpine system without the Tech package but with the snorkel and get your JL in either Rhino or Copperhead, they'll waive the convenience package door opener and give you a bottle opener instead...

Is that Manila transmission the one from the Philippines, or does it come in one of those yellow paper envelopes?
My autocorrect must be from the Philippines. :) Post edited.

avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I am finding out today that the base price went up by $500 per model. Apparently no other options have changed, but, the base model price has gone up by $500 for the Sahara and Rubicon. Has this effected anyone else? I was in the process of finalizing an order.

avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Can you please post copy of POC showing this?
It looks like the Invoice and MSRP went up $500. Apparently this was today or yesterday?

Here is the numbers from my quote:

2018 Wrangler Rubicon JLJS74
Item and Order Code MSRP. Invoice
Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JSJS74. 40,995. 39,006
Leather Trim AL-T5 1,495. 1,331
Safety Group. AJ1 795. 708
LED Lighting Group AD6 895. 797
ADE Cold Weather Group 595. 530
Remote Proxy. GXD 495. 411
Electronic Infotian AEK. 1495. 1331
Trailer Tow & Electric ADH. 795. 708
Dual Top. AEN. 2195. 1954