Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL/JLU Base and Options Price (w/ Invoice) (Sport, S, Sahara, Rubicon)

Fox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk
Does anyone know Which option/s will be available on or around May,18?
Sponsored

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone know Which option/s will be available on or around May,18?
Per FCA, Late Feb is when the 2.0t enters production, and May is when they introduce the power top to the 4 door Sahara and Rubicon for full production. Which is supposedly the final addition with the exception of the diesel motor which is not slated until 2019. So according to that information, all options should be available by May.

Of course this is subject to change, but so far holding steady.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I want to order so bad, but just don't know if I can do it not knowing prices. This guesswork blows....

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
How about adding optional wheels to the AWOL list? I'm looking at a Sport S, but as stated in a different thread the stock wheels look like an alloy version of the JK steel wheels.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
How about adding optional wheels to the AWOL list? I'm looking at a Sport S, but as stated in a different thread the stock wheels look like an alloy version of the JK steel wheels.
I'm with you. I am trying so hard to like the base S wheels but I just don't. And I actually like the Moab style wheels on the JK Sport S even if they are a little boring.

The other issue is they took away the option of 265 tires from the Cold Weather Group they had on the JKU.

So now I am looking at spending some amount to get wheels I don't hate with tires that I like but are smaller than I want, or living with the wheels and tires I don't like long enough to put together say $2,200 to get the wheels and tires I want.

So a big part of that is knowing how much that wheel upgrade costs. If it is $795 I am all in. More than that is a tough call.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FCrackerJLRubi

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
adding now

Thomastko

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Yes, anytime you see "proximity" in relation to keyless entry it is referring to what's sometimes called passive entry where you can keep your keyfob in your pocket and it is activated when you are within 5 feet of the vehicle and grab the driver/passenger door handle. It's officially called "Remote Proximity Keyless Entry (GXD)" in the order guide or "Keyless Enter-N-Go" in the user guide and owner's manual (and other FCA vehicles).

Not to be confused with the more standard "Keyless Go (GX4)" -- standard on all trims or "Remote Keyless Entry (GXM)" -- standard on Sport S, Sahara and Rubicon.

Just a tad confusing huh? :facepalm:
I pretty much got it down pack.. thanks for your help jay..

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Will Sting Gray be an an additional extra cost option?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Will Sting Gray be an an additional extra cost option?
Jeep doesn't up-charge for a color, but they do occasionally introduce a color on a special edition only and then expand it the following year. I think Anvil was only initially released on the 10A and some purple color was recently introduced on the Winter Edition only. Then the next year they were on everything.

I doubt there will be any special editions in 2018 so hopefully that won't be an issue but it is the Rubicon's 15th anniversary so you never know.

Honestly, I have a bad feeling about Sting-Gray but I am hoping I am wrong and it comes out in the spring with the rest of the colors.

Sponsored

kacper244

First Name
Kacper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S, 2016 VW Jetta, 1993 Wrangler YJ (Sold)
What about the Convenience Group that includes remote start and garage door opener? I'm thinking $795.

Thomastko

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
What about the Convenience Group that includes remote start and garage door opener? I'm thinking $795.
Is it standard on the rubicon alarm system mainly.. its in the list jay provided but then why convinience group exist

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
If remote start is $495, a extra $300 for a garage door opener will be beyond rediculous. I'm willing to say cold weather package with be closer that around $1000.
Sponsored