Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chanchan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Discovery
Updated first post with the latest JL info (includes new info and a few corrections). We've also posted the latest 2018 JK dates in this thread.

2018 Wrangler JL:
  • September 1, 2017: 2018 Wrangler JL Sales and Press Launch
  • October/November 2017: 2018 Wrangler JL Order Banks Open
  • November 13, 2017: 2018 Wrangler JL Production Begins
2019 Wrangler JT Pickup:
  • Fall 2018: 2019 Wrangler Pickup JT Production Begins
Great info thx for keeping it up to date. I saw elsewhere that JT is estimated for Oct 1st. Is this true? Fall goes all the way to December so hoping the earlier date is correct.
Sponsored

Dackel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, Ram 1500
If production of JT pickup truck starts in the Fall and retooling starts 3/31/18 (as stated in the other sticky thread) that means retooling the line for the JT will take at least 6 months, maybe longer.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Notice their has been no spy shots of the 2 door which will be the fun Wrangler of them all. A powered soft top will be great as long as the price is not to expensive.

I'm hoping this Wrangler will be built with right hand drive in mind as the JK has a terrible position for the left foot to rest and has stop me buying for years after my short ownership and very sore left hip if driving for anymore than short trips. My hip is 100% and run almost everyday but every time I look at a JK back comes a sore hip.
The 2 door JL has been spied before. The first time was in June -- see spy photos @ http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...-8-speed-auto-and-other-details-confirmed.97/

That JL prototype provided the first visual confirmation of the new 8 speed automatic transmission.

Ikari Warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Great info! Sounds like the 2 and 4 doors will start production earlier than the pickup? Curious to see how good the new turbo engine will be.
I know it's because of production capacity issue that pickup is starting later but it's also a good marketing strategy to hash out any problems with the JL and JLU first. The pickup model is already going to be a first time model so it'll already have its own unique teething issues. This way they limit the problems it has which is better for marketing and launching a whole new model.

Sponsored

Aggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito!
I know it's because of production capacity issue that pickup is starting later but it's also a good marketing strategy to hash out any problems with the JL and JLU first. The pickup model is already going to be a first time model so it'll already have its own unique teething issues. This way they limit the problems it has which is better for marketing and launching a whole new model.
If the JL stays as basic as the JK then there shouldn't be much 'teething issues.' But if it gets a lot more electronics than the JK I could see the early models having some gremlins that need to be worked out.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

We have updated the first post with all known info to date. Click through to the threads for additional details and discussion on the features we have verified. Here is what's been added since the last update, stay tuned for more to come...

Engine/Transmission
  • 3.6L Pentastar V6 Upgraded Engine (with new 850RE transmission); Comes standard with Engine Start-Stop (ESS) technology (See Thread For More Info) that can be turned off but will default to "on" with each ignition cycle.
Infotainment/Technology
  • New fourth-generation Uconnect 8.4" navigation system with Apple Carplay and Android Auto
  • 5-inch Base Radio (non-touch screen with hard buttons)
  • 7-inch Touchscreen Upgrade Option
  • 8.4-inch Top End Navigation System (Optional without Nav)
Wheels/Tires (See Thread For More Info)
  • 245/75R17 tires standard on Sport trim
  • LT285/70/R17 tires standard on Rubicon trim.
Lighting (See Thread For More Info)
  • Daytime Running Lamps will have LED accents
  • LED fog lamps
  • LED reflector headlamps
  • LED tail lamps
  • LED turn signals (in fenders)
  • Ambient LED interior lighting
  • Illuminated cupholders

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Question: When you posted this:

October/November 2017: 2018 Wrangler JL Order Banks Open

Does this mean we can order the truck at this time also?.
No, the JT will be 2019MY and available at a later date.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Updated first post:

We have confirmed info that the 2019 JT Wrangler will launch production in October 2018 (See Thread)

Stay tuned as we get more details...

Sponsored

AWD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
With an all new model I'm sure there will be some early kinks to work out and more dealer training needed. I would bet it's December earliest. Just in time for smack dab winter!

Otto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport (JK)
How soon would we be seeing it in show rooms in that case? Nov/Dec?
Yea should be about that time frame.

I wonder if it'll be full bore production from the beginning or will they scale up. If it's a gradual ramp up I could see the first few at each dealerships being hot ticket items ripe for dealer gouging :(

JoKer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Wrangler Sport
Is it safe to say that 90% of the images we've seen of the JL/JT are from a Sahara point of view because of the painted fenders with the 10th anniversary Rubicon style molded front bumper? or is this styling the new stock apperance to all JL/JT models from this point on? Where as the Sport/Sport S and possibly all other non-painted fenders would have the black plastic molded fenders & bumpers (unfinished)
The ones where you can see the fenders are really just JK test mules. I know the one showing the manual shifter had painted fenders and nav screen so that's a Sahara but again it's just a JK. There was definitely a prototype that was completely covered in camo (including fenders) showing Rubicon wheels. All of the JL prototypes were totally wrapped in camo except the exposed grille and LED lights poking thru. It'll be nice once they start losing the camo and we can maybe see whether the Sport will get LED's and wheel options for the different trims.

Milous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Yea should be about that time frame.

I wonder if it'll be full bore production from the beginning or will they scale up. If it's a gradual ramp up I could see the first few at each dealerships being hot ticket items ripe for dealer gouging :(
Production will be scaled up, common for any new model. Also extended QC would be in the cards.

Otto

First Name
Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport (JK)
Production will be scaled up, common for any new model. Also extended QC would be in the cards.
What's extended QC exactly? And does it affect whether the very early ones off the production line will have more or less issues than later ones?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.