Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL is for shorter owners? How to lower seats?

clf1024

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL Sahara
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara - Built for shorter ppl

Anyone feel that the new JL model was built for the shorter person?!?! I'm 5'11 and I can't see the reading on the top of the dash. i.e. miles remaining Additionally, if you try to use the visor to block the sun, it's actually blocks your viewing and you won't be able to see while driving.

Anyone know if there's a after part where the seats can be lowered???

Thanks!
Sponsored

Instarand

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara - Built for shorter ppl

Anyone feel that the new JL model was built for the shorter person?!?! I'm 5'11 and I can't see the reading on the top of the dash. i.e. miles remaining Additionally, if you try to use the visor to block the sun, it's actually blocks your viewing and you won't be able to see while driving.

Anyone know if there's a after part where the seats can be lowered???

Thanks!
Yes I know what you’re talking about. I just picked up my JLUS a few days ago so I’m not expert but I noticed that the display screen is nicely configurable. So that top center section you can leave blank or put something less important there that you’ll only need to look at every now and then. Also, doesn’t the seat adjustment allow you to lower the seat? With that lever thing?

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Being 5'6" has it's advantages, my wife is 4'10". I still have to dip my head a bit to see the top row of instruments...

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm 5'10 and have no problems, I will double check today too, for the sun, I tinted a few inches on the top part of the windshield which helps, you would probably not want the tint to come down as far as mine though.

20180518_155334.jpg

Sponsored

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
6'3 here. I have the seat all the way low and all the way back. Made multiple drives from Baltimore upto Toronto. Feels fine for the most part.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The seat lowers, the steering wheel tilts, and the sun visor is just a symptom of driving a vehicle with a short and nearly vertical windshield. 5'10"

OP
OP
clf1024

clf1024

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL Sahara
I'll repeat what was suggested again.. the seat lowers without after-market parts...

Look for a handle on your left side of the driver's seat.
Do you own one? Can you take a pic of what you are referring to???

Sponsored

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
My Sport raises and lowers the seat just fine with this handle. In my case, the steering wheel blocks the top of the speedometer. I chalked it up to another jeep quirk. I'm 5'10. I like the seat set high and the wheel low.

RW Sting Gray

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S
I was gonna say, does he know he can push the seat lever down to lower the seat? I’m 5’-11” and I can see the whole cluster. The sun visor? Well that just depends on where the sun is when your driving. Thats with any vehicle. Sometimes the visor helps, sometines it wont.
Good luck out there..

Papi4baby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I'm 5'10 and have no problems, I will double check today too, for the sun, I tinted a few inches on the top part of the windshield which helps, you would probably not want the tint to come down as far as mine though.

20180518_155334.jpg
We are manlets acording to the internet lol.

6 and over or gtfo.
Sponsored