Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Hits Dealer System - 1st Official Look @ Engines, Options, Packages, Features!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I'm not entirely surprised about the lack of a 2-door Sahara. I seriously can't think of the last time I've seen one on the road, but it's definitely been a long time.
Sponsored

Thau

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former KJ owner
Don't forget the KJ also had a optional tow package that included both a mechanical cooling fan and the basic electrical cooling fan to help move the heat when you were towing.

Edit: maybe it was HD cooling and not a tow package

Last edited:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I'm not entirely surprised about the lack of a 2-door Sahara. I seriously can't think of the last time I've seen one on the road, but it's definitely been a long time.
Funny thing is I just saw 2 on the lot about an hour ago when I picked up my JK after window replacement, and was walking around looking at the latest models including finally seeing a Smokey Mountain edition.

I think the 2 dr Sahara is very popular out here (I see it alot vs Sport B but the majority are still Sport S) and this is refreshed stock not just sitting there on the lot for months.

I think their popularity here in CowTown is as the first 'car' for 'daddy's-little-girl'. As sexist as that sounds :blush:, just like White is a 'Chick-Jeep' colour :fingerscrossed: , I personally knew two of these Shara 2dr owners (one reipient and one co-worker father giving it as a gift).

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
It's been a sweltering summer with no A/C in my '02 GC, and air only blows from the defrost. I'm foregoing this costly repair for a down payment on a JL diesel, even if I have to suffer through the Summer of 2018. I owned a Golf TDI manual (42/49 mpg) for 15 years. Praying for a Rubicon diesel, preferably with a stick shift.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chief56

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Does this mean the sport will finally be able to get body colored top and fenders without having to get a Sahara? If so, all I need is a Sport with a color top (fenders will be replaced anyway) , apple car play, the biggest screen I can get, a remote start, and heated windows. Seats and color doesn't matter cause I'm going aftermarket with that anyway and so with everything else. I'll decide engine options once I hear more numbers on them..Oh yeah, can't forget, 8 speed auto of course. :giggle: That's what I NEED, anything else will be after I hear more details.
D

Chief56

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That will be HT 3 body color 3 piece hardtop and MM 3 body color fenders - available on 2018 Sport ? I hope !

geospyder

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Mo" 2019 Mojito 2 Door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Any idea if the cargo area, with the back seat removed, will be more, less or the same as the JK? When I got my 07, the rear seat was removed, wrapped and stored for the day that I trade it in - hopefully real soon :)

MrDinkMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Durango
Any idea if the cargo area, with the back seat removed, will be more, less or the same as the JK? When I got my 07, the rear seat was removed, wrapped and stored for the day that I trade it in - hopefully real soon :)
Some were speculating that it looks bigger based on the leaked rear image - the sportbar's position in the trunk area compared to the JK.

2018-jl-wranglerunlimited-rubicon2-jpg.jpg

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
That's a pic of the JLU, the JL isn't supposed to increase its wheelbase, and the seats might be pushed further back due to angine bay constraints, window rake, comfort, etc.

So rear JL cargo space may drop, maybe not, but I don't see it increasing, though it would be nice.

thirty6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK, 2001 Camaro SS, 1970 P10
I quoted an aluminum diff in the axles for the JK when I worked for aluminum foundry.

My rant...My JK looks cool but sucks and falls so short of what it could be. I'm gonna rip out the stupid v6 and slide in a chevy lsx for 100 more horses and the same gas mileage. My rear foldable seat is too heavy and needs to slide. Gonna rip out the stupid carpet and rhino-line it. Gonna cut out the "trunk" and put a deeper trunk in it. Need to get rid of the blinker (failing 3 blink opposite the way i'm turning retardation). Locks decide to randomly not work. Hard top glass on sides needs to open just like the rear window. Can you make a top that doesn't leak? I spoke with engineers at a Taguchi methods class at the design center and the suppliers were still struggling with fixes. Design the suspension with full size truck parts like the tie rod ends, please.

Chief56

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do we have any idea yet on what options will be available on what models/trims for the next generation Wrangler?