Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Hits Dealer System - 1st Official Look @ Engines, Options, Packages, Features!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
If the Unlimited Rubi gets to $50k, then there will be a nice new Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel in my driveway, for right at or just under $40k, with my old man's GM discount. I hope Jeep doesn't get stupid and greedy with the pricing.
Sponsored

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
If we compare some of these option groups to what is offered on other Jeep vehicles (like Compass/Renegade), the Technology Group will likely give us things like auto high beams, lane keep assist, and auto braking. Safety group should be rain sensing wipers, blind spot monitoring, and back-up sensors. Convenience group should be proximity key entry and push button start, and possible dual zone climate control. Electronic Infotainment Group should be 7in in cluster display and 7in uConnect with Carplay and Android Auto.

Reactions: JAY

jkrod

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
If the Unlimited Rubi gets to $50k, then there will be a nice new Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel in my driveway, for right at or just under $40k, with my old man's GM discount. I hope Jeep doesn't get stupid and greedy with the pricing.
my 2014 Rubicon JKU hard rock was 47............so unless you want a stripper as cheap as possible you can pretty much count on 50k or very close Ill bet:crying::crying:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
my 2014 Rubicon JKU hard rock was 47............so unless you want a stripper as cheap as possible you can pretty much count on 50k or very close Ill bet:crying::crying:
I'm looking at the lower end of the Rubi, with a manual, soft top, no heated seats or leather, etc. I'll splurge on the nav system, though. I'm hoping your Hard Rock was loaded to the gills, because as I said, I'm not going over 50, and if it is right at 50, then I may be in the ZR2.

A $2k price increase should land me below 50 with a little breathing room, I would hope. 2k is a significant price increase, in my book, for a comparably optioned model. Then again, maybe I should start looking at colors for the ZR2.

LordEgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I've gotta say if your going with the pentastar I don't see why not get a JK

Sponsored

DarthMall

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner 4x4, Mazda B2500
Vehicle Showcase
I've been planning on a fully loaded 2019 Sahara for some time now, with the anticipation of paying $50k (which is already out of my budget). But I'm over here sweating bullets reading all these options...this thing is going to be $60k!
I seriously doubt it will be 50k-60k for a loaded Sahara. For that money you could get a loaded Rubicon. Also, even if it was that much why are you willing to spend that kind of money on a Wrangler? The Jeep Wrangler is not a luxury car. Regardless of your financial status spending over double the base price of a vehicle makes absolutely no fiscal sense. Maybe you just enjoy wasting money?

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

These are separate options? :facepalm:
They receive separate sales codes but Apple CarPlay and Android Auto should be grouped together. The 4th gen Uconnect units support both interfaces so it would make no sense to have people choose one or the other.

It will likely be packaged similar to other FCA vehicles, something like this:

Uconnect 4C Nav with 8.4” Display (UAQ)
  • GPS Navigation (JLN)
  • GPS Antenna Input (JLP)
  • HD Radio (RE8)
  • Google Android Auto (RF5)
  • USB Host Flip (RF7)
  • 8.4” Touchscreen Display (RFL)
  • Apple CarPlay (RFP)
  • Remote SD Card Slot (RS1)
  • Media Hub (2USB, Aux) (RSF)
  • SiriusXM Guardian, 1-Yr Trial (RSK)
  • Integrated Voice Command w/Bluetooth (XRB)
    SiriusXM Satellite Radio (RSD)
  • SiriusXM Travel Link (RSM)
  • SiriusXM Traffic Plus (RTB)
  • 5-Year SiriusXM Traffic Service (X9M)
  • 5-Year SiriusXM Travel Link Service (X9N)

NewApexJT

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger, 2018 Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
So I was reading up on the optional select trac transfer case for the Sahara and I saw that it was an electronic shift on the fly system. I thought that people would be up in arms with this as it's more of a casual off road t-case due to it working with clutches and not a chain system; in comparison to the standard t-case. Just curious to see why everyone seems to be excited for it.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
Nah, the reason the Rubi gets the RockTrac is because it's still a 4:1 ratio, Command Trac and Select-Trac are both 2.7:1 ratio with no other option currently. So it does make sense to Have full blown RT on Rubicon
RockTrac and SelecTrac don't need to be mutually exclusive. The main feature with RockTrac is that the Part Time 4WD Low is a 4:1 ratio (as you mentioned). The SelecTrac still offers a separate Part Time Low setting/mode that while is 2.7:1, could instead be 4:1. Flipping this around, there is no technical reason why RockTrac could not also offer a Full Time 4WD High (1:1) setting/mode.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
On the issue of no 2-door Sahara, and the SelecTrac transfer case only being offered on the Sahara, reminds me of a talk with the Jeep people at one of the Jeep gatherings several years ago.

When asked why no SelecTrac option on the Wranglers, they mentioned that the 2-door didn't offer enough room in the drive train to accommodate that transfer case. This makes we wonder if their solution (finally!) was to offer SelecTrac in a model of the Wrangler that doesn't come in a short 2-door?

Sponsored

pamarante

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep Commander
What is the bhp and torque ratings for each powertrain ? No 5.7 Hemi option ?
Do you think my wife would have an issue if I came home with a brand new Sahara Unlimited ?
A set of balls on my part would be good.
4cyl ? I'm not a fan, maybe a '43 Willys, but not a 4 door unlimited pushing an additional 2000 lbs.
Not a fan of a high RPM powerplant

NEVER a fan of Select/Quadra Trac systems, I am a purist, I like to determine when I need 4WD, 99% of the time, rear wheel is fine for me. My '97 Isuzu Trooper had one of the best 4WD systems I encountered.

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Nah, the reason the Rubi gets the RockTrac is because it's still a 4:1 ratio, Command Trac and Select-Trac are both 2.7:1 ratio with no other option currently. So it does make sense to Have full blown RT on Rubicon

Hopefully Select-Trac is offered on other 'special editions', because I want a more stout 'Sahara' if that's all it's limited to, something like the BackCountry or Chief, where you get nearer a Rubi without the 4:1 and without the Swaybar disco, though I'd love both too, but will sacrifice for Select-Trac for better manners in Winter.
What's the difference between RockTrac and Select-Trac? I want a full time 4WD system. Does this mean I have to get a Sahara?

jeepney123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Train Set
What's the difference between RockTrac and Select-Trac? I want a full time 4WD system. Does this mean I have to get a Sahara?
Selec-Trac II features full time 4WD whereas Rock-Trac does not.

Selec Trac

Rock-Trac
Sponsored