Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Hits Dealer System - 1st Official Look @ Engines, Options, Packages, Features!

SoCalRubicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'm looking at the lower end of the Rubi, with a manual, soft top, no heated seats or leather, etc. I'll splurge on the nav system, though. I'm hoping your Hard Rock was loaded to the gills, because as I said, I'm not going over 50, and if it is right at 50, then I may be in the ZR2.

A $2k price increase should land me below 50 with a little breathing room, I would hope. 2k is a significant price increase, in my book, for a comparably optioned model. Then again, maybe I should start looking at colors for the ZR2.

My 2016 Unlimited Rubicon with an automatic, 4.10 gears, dual tops, connectivity and supplemental airbags was $38K+tax/title

Invoice on a bare bones (all manual) 2017 Rubicon is $35700 so you should be able to get one for around $34500 (3% below invoice). So even i f they raise the price by $2K you would still be far under $40K.
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
My 2016 Unlimited Rubicon with an automatic, 4.10 gears, dual tops, connectivity and supplemental airbags was $38K+tax/title

Invoice on a bare bones (all manual) 2017 Rubicon is $35700 so you should be able to get one for around $34500 (3% below invoice). So even i f they raise the price by $2K you would still be far under $40K.
Yea my 2013 JKUR has every option with the exception of 4.10 gears and remote start. MSRP on it was $44K and some change I paid $37K out the door using the Tread Lightly discount and additional negotiations. So I think its totally doable

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Yea my 2013 JKUR has every option with the exception of 4.10 gears and remote start. MSRP on it was $44K and some change I paid $37K out the door using the Tread Lightly discount and additional negotiations. So I think its totally doable
Suddenly the 3.0L doesn't seem so out of reach...

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Suddenly the 3.0L doesn't seem so out of reach...
I think it depends on when you buy it. If you can hold out till 2019 when some of the hype cools down I think you'll be able to negotiate a better deal.

North Idaho Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, but I've owned 13 Jeeps
Based on how I've typically used my Jeeps in the past, I'm definitely in the "all earth tones" camp, rather than a mix of tans and still a lot of black. If you're mostly cruising the urban jungle, you just got the vehicle for the Jeep badge, or your Jeep is just your daily driver, no big deal I guess, but I've always used my vehicles for getting out, away from everything. My wife and I enjoy taking time up in the mountains to observe the wildlife. We often take friends along, who stand on the seats for a better view or to get the perfect photo. Even from just the standpoint of having dogs, the earth tones hide paw prints, dog drool and fur better.

2015-07-19 19.29.58.jpg

2015-07-19 19.30.04.jpg

I believe the black/tan interior refers to the black dash/door panels and tan leather seats like it does in the JK. The Black leather has Black dash/door panels. I think you can rest easy that they will not make a dual tone seats with black and tan leather.

41628258b710ae0bd4e7b98d0c7da2d1--jeep-wrangler-interior--jeep-wrangler.jpg

Also, the new Tan Soft Top should coordinate nicely with the Tan Leather.

Tan top 3.JPG
I'm definitely missing my 95'.
mudding 003.JPG

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I think it depends on when you buy it. If you can hold out till 2019 when some of the hype cools down I think you'll be able to negotiate a better deal.
Even if just 1% below invoice, instead of full MSRP and "dealer markup", it makes the upcharge palatable. If we can even get it...

Oceanminded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Glad to see some big factory tires.. LT285/70R17C OWL Off-Road :rock:
With the new 33's planned for the Rubicon does anyone know if that will include a bigger lift to go along with it. The reason I ask is if I were to buy the current JK I was going to eventually add 33's and a small budget lift. Now that this comes stock it may be more reason to wait for the JL.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
With the new 33's planned for the Rubicon does anyone know if that will include a bigger lift to go along with it. The reason I ask is if I were to buy the current JK I was going to eventually add 33's and a small budget lift. Now that this comes stock it may be more reason to wait for the JL.
The Rubicon HD suspension is rumored to be around 1" higher than the other models. That and they designed the wheel openings and rock rails to handle at least 35s, so no additional lift needed. Want is another story altogether...

Oceanminded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Jeep Grand Cherokee
The Rubicon HD suspension is rumored to be around 1" higher than the other models. That and they designed the wheel openings and rock rails to handle at least 35s, so no additional lift needed. Want is another story altogether...
So the JL Rubicon is rumored to be 1" higher than the current JK Rubicon?

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
So the JL Rubicon is rumored to be 1" higher than the current JK Rubicon?
Rumor has it...

It gets spec'd with heavier springs and shocks, so I tend to believe this one.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
RockTrac and SelecTrac don't need to be mutually exclusive. The main feature with RockTrac is that the Part Time 4WD Low is a 4:1 ratio (as you mentioned). The SelecTrac still offers a separate Part Time Low setting/mode that while is 2.7:1, could instead be 4:1. Flipping this around, there is no technical reason why RockTrac could not also offer a Full Time 4WD High (1:1) setting/mode.
I realize it could be a higher ratio, but even on the Hummer with the 242HD and the Jeep's 242J, I've only ever seen it as a 2.72:1, which is why I say "no other option currently", as they could always change that should FCA so desire to better fit the new large ratio 1st and massive spread of the ZF-8. However, I don't think FCA would change the SelecTrac as it would be easier to account for if the split were the same as it has been in the past, and also if it is the same as the other 'commuter' option, and odd ratio would kinda complicate things for no real benefit.

I realize they could offer a FT 4WD Hi in RockTrac, but it would require a major redesign, as the RockTrac is chain driven, so next to no slippage in the system, so 'No FullTime without a major Re-design'...which could be the slogan. ;)

In any case, very happy to see SelectTrac, and perhaps this is the first step, and then there is a 4:1 option Rubi option in the future, I'm always happy with more options, especially those that match my Winter-centric use-case model.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer Sport
In the market for a new car (Explorer finally not worth fixing up anymore) and saw the changes...definitely peaked my interest with the Sahara Unlimited. I'm one of those that would use the Jeep for a DD & off-road now and then but would never be taking it rock climbing or through dunes/rough terrain/etc.

Would love to see some images already...at this point so much information is out, Jeep should just reveal it so people can start placing orders if they want one.

In terms of the special editions, is it easy to determine which ones are based off of Sport, Sahara, Rubicon?

JTman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JT to come
Would love to see some images already...at this point so much information is out, Jeep should just reveal it so people can start placing orders if they want one.
Welcome to the site. Have you seen these images? Basically exterior and interior revealed already. I'm sure the base models will look slightly different but the basic styling and changes is all here. :involve:

http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/say-hi-to-the-2018-jeep-wrangler-jlu.726/
http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/renderings-new-jeep-wrangler-jlu-comes-to-life.729/
http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...terior-of-the-2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-jlu.1129/

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Based on how I've typically used my Jeeps in the past, I'm definitely in the "all earth tones" camp, rather than a mix of tans and still a lot of black. If you're mostly cruising the urban jungle, you just got the vehicle for the Jeep badge, or your Jeep is just your daily driver, no big deal I guess, but I've always used my vehicles for getting out, away from everything...
LOL you first pic looks like my first day in the NorthWest Territory last year, and all the Silica dust impregnated the carpeting and also cause the front passenger Window rocker switch to fail and just covered everything. PThe black shows up every bit if dust & grime, and is only beneficial at the cleaning stage so you can see if you got it all.

BTW, you can keep the twigs and leaves out if you put the doors on. :giggle:
Sponsored