2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Hits Dealer System - 1st Official Look @ Engines, Options, Packages, Features!

1. DanW

DanW Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    If the Unlimited Rubi gets to $50k, then there will be a nice new Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel in my driveway, for right at or just under $40k, with my old man's GM discount. I hope Jeep doesn't get stupid and greedy with the pricing.

2. zgn

zgn Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler TJ (2001)
    Liked:
    Agreed. I liked the tan/forest green option in some of the TJ Saharas. I'd like an all tan option. What about tan/brown and deep navy, etc. Black is the worst looking color ever, everything just blends together.

four low and North Idaho Guy like this.
  3. opsfox21

opsfox21 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
    Liked:
    If we compare some of these option groups to what is offered on other Jeep vehicles (like Compass/Renegade), the Technology Group will likely give us things like auto high beams, lane keep assist, and auto braking. Safety group should be rain sensing wipers, blind spot monitoring, and back-up sensors. Convenience group should be proximity key entry and push button start, and possible dual zone climate control. Electronic Infotainment Group should be 7in in cluster display and 7in uConnect with Carplay and Android Auto.

JAY likes this.
  4. jkrod

jkrod Active Member

First Name:
    Rod
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 JKU
    Liked:
    my 2014 Rubicon JKU hard rock was 47............so unless you want a stripper as cheap as possible you can pretty much count on 50k or very close Ill bet:crying::crying:

5. DanW

DanW Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle(s):
    18 JLUR, 08 JKUR, 15 Ford Transit 350, 04 WJ 4.7, 17 Renegade, 99 Merc E430 S
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I'm looking at the lower end of the Rubi, with a manual, soft top, no heated seats or leather, etc. I'll splurge on the nav system, though. I'm hoping your Hard Rock was loaded to the gills, because as I said, I'm not going over 50, and if it is right at 50, then I may be in the ZR2.

A $2k price increase should land me below 50 with a little breathing room, I would hope. 2k is a significant price increase, in my book, for a comparably optioned model. Then again, maybe I should start looking at colors for the ZR2.

6. LordEgg

LordEgg Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Jeeps
    Liked:
    I've gotta say if your going with the pentastar I don't see why not get a JK

7. zgn

zgn Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler TJ (2001)
    Liked:
    Navigation is one thing you shouldn't splurge on when you can just buy a Garmin or whatever for a few hundred dollars - it will keep up to date longer than a nav system which can't be replaced. You can always sell the garmin unit and upgrade to the latest.

8. DarthMall

DarthMall Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Ollie
    Vehicle(s):
    Toyota 4runner 4x4, Mazda B2500
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    I seriously doubt it will be 50k-60k for a loaded Sahara. For that money you could get a loaded Rubicon. Also, even if it was that much why are you willing to spend that kind of money on a Wrangler? The Jeep Wrangler is not a luxury car. Regardless of your financial status spending over double the base price of a vehicle makes absolutely no fiscal sense. Maybe you just enjoy wasting money?

9. OP
    OP
    JAY

JAY Administrator
    Administrator

First Name:
    Jay
    Vehicle(s):
    Wrangler
    Liked:
    Garage Profiles:
    They receive separate sales codes but Apple CarPlay and Android Auto should be grouped together. The 4th gen Uconnect units support both interfaces so it would make no sense to have people choose one or the other.

It will likely be packaged similar to other FCA vehicles, something like this:

Uconnect 4C Nav with 8.4” Display (UAQ)
    • GPS Navigation (JLN)
    • GPS Antenna Input (JLP)
    • HD Radio (RE8)
    • Google Android Auto (RF5)
    • USB Host Flip (RF7)
    • 8.4” Touchscreen Display (RFL)
    • Apple CarPlay (RFP)
    • Remote SD Card Slot (RS1)
    • Media Hub (2USB, Aux) (RSF)
    • SiriusXM Guardian, 1-Yr Trial (RSK)
    • Integrated Voice Command w/Bluetooth (XRB)
      SiriusXM Satellite Radio (RSD)
    • SiriusXM Travel Link (RSM)
    • SiriusXM Traffic Plus (RTB)
    • 5-Year SiriusXM Traffic Service (X9M)
    • 5-Year SiriusXM Travel Link Service (X9N)

The Great Grape Ape likes this.
  10. NewApexJT

NewApexJT Member

First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle(s):
    2008 Ford Ranger, 2018 Nissan Frontier
    Liked:
    Mechanical Engineer
    So I was reading up on the optional select trac transfer case for the Sahara and I saw that it was an electronic shift on the fly system. I thought that people would be up in arms with this as it's more of a casual off road t-case due to it working with clutches and not a chain system; in comparison to the standard t-case. Just curious to see why everyone seems to be excited for it.

11. WaltA

WaltA Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Walt
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
    Liked:
    RockTrac and SelecTrac don't need to be mutually exclusive. The main feature with RockTrac is that the Part Time 4WD Low is a 4:1 ratio (as you mentioned). The SelecTrac still offers a separate Part Time Low setting/mode that while is 2.7:1, could instead be 4:1. Flipping this around, there is no technical reason why RockTrac could not also offer a Full Time 4WD High (1:1) setting/mode.

12. WaltA

WaltA Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Walt
    Vehicle(s):
    2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
    Liked:
    On the issue of no 2-door Sahara, and the SelecTrac transfer case only being offered on the Sahara, reminds me of a talk with the Jeep people at one of the Jeep gatherings several years ago.

When asked why no SelecTrac option on the Wranglers, they mentioned that the 2-door didn't offer enough room in the drive train to accommodate that transfer case. This makes we wonder if their solution (finally!) was to offer SelecTrac in a model of the Wrangler that doesn't come in a short 2-door?

The Great Grape Ape likes this.
  13. pamarante

pamarante New Member

First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle(s):
    2007 Jeep Commander
    Liked:
    What is the bhp and torque ratings for each powertrain ? No 5.7 Hemi option ?
    Do you think my wife would have an issue if I came home with a brand new Sahara Unlimited ?
    A set of balls on my part would be good.
    4cyl ? I'm not a fan, maybe a '43 Willys, but not a 4 door unlimited pushing an additional 2000 lbs.
    Not a fan of a high RPM powerplant

NEVER a fan of Select/Quadra Trac systems, I am a purist, I like to determine when I need 4WD, 99% of the time, rear wheel is fine for me. My '97 Isuzu Trooper had one of the best 4WD systems I encountered.

14. Jabs

Jabs Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Jabs
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
    Liked:
    What's the difference between RockTrac and Select-Trac? I want a full time 4WD system. Does this mean I have to get a Sahara?

15. jeepney123

jeepney123 Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Toy Train Set
    Liked:
    Selec-Trac II features full time 4WD whereas Rock-Trac does not.

Selec Trac

Rock-Trac

Jabs likes this.