First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Fit
Occupation
Retired X 2 = 23 years USAF + 23 years IT
I can't find an option for better tires on the Sport B.
This being the year of the up-sell, it appears to me Jeep downsized from the 32" 255/75R17 tires on the JK to 31.5" 245/75R17 tires on the JL to make the Sport specs (ground clearance and angles) more unattractive than the high-profit Safari (32") and Rubicon (33"). There appears to me to be few tires in the new size with less than an E Load Range, appropriate for our diesel F250, but not a lightweight Jeep.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet the 255 size works fine on the JL Sports. The 265/70R17 tire size used on the 10th Anniversary Rubicon are wider, typically with a wider tread and with a 31.5" diameter probably also clear. They may require some modding to fit on the spare tire carrier.

The Goodyear Duratracs (we have on our F250) are popular with the expedition Jeep crowd because they're a little better than most A/Ts in mud while still being a great tire for on-road use, especially in snow. All that being said, the tires that are the subject of this thread look decent and I might not be tempted to replace them with Duratracs. The downsize is mostly academic and should make little difference in the real world.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FPD

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 grand Cherokee overland, 2009 porsche 911 Turbo cab
Any more thoughts on the Goodyear advantage vs the Dueler A/T? Reviews on tire rack are pretty similiar. Pros and cons for both. Orderng a Sahara with selec trac and antispin diff. Won’t be doing much off road. Driving on beach in summer and snow in New England in winter. Want a smooth highway ride.

Thx

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I know the Wrangler advantage are basically another take on the wrangler "silent armor" tread pattern, which were one of the best all terrain tires out there.

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
This being the year of the up-sell, it appears to me Jeep downsized from the 32" 255/75R17 tires on the JK to 31.5" 245/75R17 tires on the JL to make the Sport specs (ground clearance and angles) more unattractive than the high-profit Safari (32") and Rubicon (33"). There appears to me to be few tires in the new size with less than an E Load Range, appropriate for our diesel F250, but not a lightweight Jeep.

I could be wrong, but I'd bet the 255 size works fine on the JL Sports. The 265/70R17 tire size used on the 10th Anniversary Rubicon are wider, typically with a wider tread and with a 31.5" diameter probably also clear. They may require some modding to fit on the spare tire carrier.

The Goodyear Duratracs (we have on our F250) are popular with the expedition Jeep crowd because they're a little better than most A/Ts in mud while still being a great tire for on-road use, especially in snow. All that being said, the tires that are the subject of this thread look decent and I might not be tempted to replace them with Duratracs. The downsize is mostly academic and should make little difference in the real world.
I think I may want to swap out the tires for those 255/75/17s. I know it's a minor difference, but I think that extra half inch in diameter will make them look just a bit better. I can't look past the fact that the 245 tires just don't look big or beefy enough in the JL Sport S photos I've seen so far.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone seen these on a Spirt in person? I've seen the duellers but not the Goodyears.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell you these Goodyear Aventure with Kevlar are much better than the Goodyear SR-A's FCA uses to stick on everything. They are very quiet, get good mileage and do fine in snow. The size leaves a lot to be desired but they really are not a bad commuter tire.
Sponsored