Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Goodyear will be an original equipment supplier for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler. Unveiled at the Los Angeles Auto Show, the Jeep JL will be fitted with Goodyear’s Wrangler AT Adventure with Kevlar in sizes 255/70R18 and 245/75R17. These will be optional tires for the Sport, Sport S and Sahara models.

Press release by Goodyear:

AKRON, Ohio, Dec. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2018 Jeep Wrangler – unveiled Wednesday at the Los Angeles Auto Show – will be fitted with two sizes of Goodyear's Wrangler AT Adventure with Kevlar.

The Wrangler AT Adventure with Kevlar is Goodyear's best tire for versatility on and off road. The tire features DuPont™ Kevlar® for added strength, providing superior traction through rain and snow.

Also made with Durawall™ Technology, which prevents cuts in the sidewall, the Adventure matches the toughness of the Jeep Wrangler. Goodyear and Jeep have an extensive history together, with Goodyear first producing tires for Jeep in 1941 for the Willys Quad prototype. In addition to the Wrangler, Goodyear also supplies the Jeep Grand Cherokee with multiple tire sizes.

"We are proud to build on our long-term relationship with Jeep and supply tires for the much-anticipated, new Jeep Wrangler," said Johann Finkelmeier, Goodyear's vice president of North America Original Equipment. "Working closely with automobile manufacturers to deliver innovative products for leading vehicles like this is a key component of Goodyear's strategy."

1.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
That's much better than the SR-A on the old Sports.

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
I got these on my TJ they have been pretty good but when they were new they had an odd ware pattern called "cupping." I only had 1 flat tire and that was because the sidewall had gotten cut when my front tire hit a piece of metal and flipped it up and it hit the side wall of the rear tire.The tires don't have Kevlar on the sidewalls. But overall I have been happy with the tires.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
This is an optional tire on the Sport/Sport S or standard?

I imagine the Sport and Sport S will come with a cheaper All Season tire and not an All Terrain tire.

Edit: I see the Goodyear tires as an option on the build sheet TTC.

Armycop

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Wrangler, 2010 Camaro SS, 2017 Passat R-Line
I wish they would stop using the crap tires with the Sport S. Why do we have to pay more for A/T tires on an off road vehicle?

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
They are also optional on the Sahara.

Definitely better tyre than the SRA or Dueller IMO.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Firecracker Red, 2014 Durango, 1999 Honda CRV
Vehicle Showcase
Seems like this means that the Sport S will accommodate a 33" tire (32.5") without a lift or wheel spacers.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
So I want to make sure I understand correctly -

On the Sport -

- Sport and Sport S get All-Season standard 245/75r17 (TQJ)
- Base Sport cannot get alternate wheels
- Base Sport can upgrade to Bridgestone Dueler All-Terrain(TQL) or these Goodyear All-Terrain (TTC)
- Sport S with standard wheels(WF9) can upgrade to Bridgestone Dueler All-Terrain (TQL)
- Sport S with alternate wheels (WBG) must upgrade to Bridgestone Dueler All-Terrain(TQL) or these Goodyear All-Terrain (TQC)

On the Sahara -
- All-Season is standard 255/70r18 (TDA)
- Sahara with Anti-Spin Diff (DSA) must upgrade to Bridgestone Dueler All-Terrain (TDB) or these Goodyear All-Terrain (TRR)
- Sahara with alternate wheels (WPT) must upgrade to Bridgestone Dueler All-Terrain (TDB) or these Goodyear All-Terrain (TRR)
- Otherwise, Sahara gets standard wheels and tires

On the Rubicon -
- Comes with KO2 standard 285/70r17 (TZG) - Note that the feature availability sheet says 255/75r17 and the order guide does not say
- Alternate wheels are available (WLD)
- No alternate tires

Is that correct?

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
What are the standard tires on the Sport if the Goodyear Adventure tires are "upgrades"?

The Rubicon really should have a mud tire "upgrade" option. Something like the BF Goodrich KM2s or Firestone Destination MT2s.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
What are the standard tires on the Sport if the Goodyear Adventure tires are "upgrades"?
17-in. — All Season Tires, 245/75 R17 BSW Michelin LTX MS2 OR Bridgestone Dueler H/T (TQJ)

Sponsored

Moe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Fit
Occupation
Retired X 2 = 23 years USAF + 23 years IT
The Mrs. likes the Safari's optional Tech Gray wheels but will want to pass on these tires and replace the stockers with Duratracs like we have on her F250.

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
17-in. — All Season Tires, 245/75 R17 BSW Michelin LTX MS2 OR Bridgestone Dueler H/T (TQJ)
Interestingly the Sport S Michelin all seasons are higher rated by tirerack than both the Bridgestone and Goodyear all terrains . Would love to see KOSS as an option

Holymoly1963

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3, Wrangler JL Sport with bad steering
Interestingly the Sport S Michelin all seasons are higher rated by tirerack than both the Bridgestone and Goodyear all terrains . Would love to see KOSS as an option
That's KO2's...thanks spell check

mmccormick33

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru Crosstrek, 2012 Mazda5, 2005 Jeep Wrangler SE (gone)
I can't find an option for better tires on the Sport B.
Sponsored