Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL DROPS MAJOR CAMO, REVEALING NEARLY ALL!

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Wait a second.. why are there large gaping holes underneath the headlights on the black Jeep?!?
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Wait a second.. why are there large gaping holes underneath the headlights on the black Jeep?!?
Nice catch... seems like it's just one side with the other taped up... probable Turbo air intake?

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup
But, on the TJ, they were on the flares, right?

2006_jeep_wrangler_x-pic-30027-640x480.jpg
And that was my only complaint about the TJ. (Turn signals belong in the fenders). At least on the JL, moving the turn signals to the grille will be pretty painless. No doubt the aftermarket will take care of this this. On the TJ it would have been a PITA, so I never did it.

I love, love, love, the trapezoidal grille, ala TJ, that alone sells it for me. Looks so much better than the JK. Mods: Rip the stock fenders flairs off. Add after market fender flairs. Add aftermarket grille with turn signals in grille and add larger tires. I'm seeing less mods to get it where I like it. :)

License plate in bumper, not loving it, but after market bumper manufacturers will offer options.

The all red tail lights look much better than the red surround with clear center IMO. If clear center is Rubicon, I will be trading somebody. :)

All-in-all, I think I know my decision, JL over JK. If 2 door pickup is offered then that's the way I would go. Please offer 2 door JT. PLEASE!

Only thing I hate about the JL is the design of the front fenders, I don't mind the vent, but I really dislike how the sheet metal flows into the fender flair. :( This takes me back to the TJ, where it requires sheet metal work and matching paint to change it.

G_Hatz

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Look very closely on the back part of the hard top it has the side line going all the way to the back just like the freedom panels I feel like the back part is gonna be removable without taking the whole hard to off

Sponsored

HighGs

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited
I was trying to figure out what that dark black splotch below the passenger side headlight was. Looks to me like there's a lot of tape over that spot. I wonder if it's possible that they are covering up turn signals in the grill. Compare that grill to the safari concept.

Wishful thinking or is Jeep being sneaky?

Screenshot_2017-09-06-21-23-03.png

Overlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was trying to figure out what that dark black splotch below the passenger side headlight was. Looks to me like there's a lot of tape over that spot. I wonder if it's possible that they are covering up turn signals in the grill. Compare that grill to the safari concept.

Wishful thinking or is Jeep being sneaky?

Screenshot_2017-09-06-21-23-03.png
God I hope so that would be awesome and extremely wishful. It would allow for an easy aftermarket fender swap.

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2005 Porsche 911 S
Looking good!

But.....the back up camera is mounted on the spare wheel? Not only does that seem like a last minute and forgotten add on but no chance of a spare tire cover? Always liked the hard body coloured spare tire cover like the Polar Edition. How would that work now.

jeepney123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Train Set
I also noticed that the rear windshield wiper has been relocated to the bottom of the window, partially hidden by the tire.

opsfox21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2023 WL Overland
Looking good!

But.....the back up camera is mounted on the spare wheel? Not only does that seem like a last minute and forgotten add on but no chance of a spare tire cover? Always liked the hard body coloured spare tire cover like the Polar Edition. How would that work now.
That is a good point, spare tire covers are great in areas where winter tires with steel rims are common for half the year. So you don't have to see the non-matching spare (non-matching spares bother me, especially if you put 35 inch tires on and keep the factory spare on for some reason). Perhaps there will be tire covers offered with a hole for the camera to peak through.

Sponsored

gjeepguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 YJ, 1997 TJ, 2007 JKUL, 2023 JLURXR (order)
Definitely a high fender option. You can even see a small relief cut in the inside corner of the fender.

IMG_4643.JPG

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I also noticed that the rear windshield wiper has been relocated to the bottom of the window, partially hidden by the tire.
Yeah, that was outted a while back, and improves visibility.. although as I've mentioned before, they finally get around to it when they are also forced to add backup cam, oie!

http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/wardrobe-malfunction-exposes-jl-wrangler-rear.1230/

http://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2018-wish-list.22/page-7#post-5011

It's about time though.
Sponsored