Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL DROPS MAJOR CAMO, REVEALING NEARLY ALL!

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
In looking closely at the turn lights on front fender lip ; that whole piece has a seam, and looks modular ( removable) for Really Big Tire clearance, no lift needed. That seam runs the whole length of the fender.
Plus, the passenger side lower grill has an opening, which could take lights ??
Tease On !
Sponsored

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
The fenders flares look a little different on the black one vs the red one. I wonder if the are painted option looks like the black one and the silver one we have seen and non painted more like the red one?
Not only that, it looks like the black Rubicon is more jacked up than the red one. Check how much wheel gap there is! Looks like you could fit 37s in there with minimal rubbing.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Looks like the tailgate is a bit wider and notice the lower corners of the tailgate are rounded.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Boom!

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-rubicon-jlwranglerforums-13-jpg.jpg

Looks like the rear window section is NOT part of the 3pc hard top Its got a cut line right behind where the rear window ends.

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
Not only that, it looks like the black Rubicon is more jacked up than the red one. Check how much wheel gap there is! Looks like you could fit 37s in there with minimal rubbing.
It looks like the black mule has the flares mounted higher. They are flush/parallel with the hood cut line, opposed to lower; shown on the red mule.

Sponsored

JeepinOutfitters

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepinoutfitters.com
Vehicle(s)
1995 XJ, 2016 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Outfitting Jeeps for adventures.
Boom!
Looks like the rear window section is NOT part of the 3pc hard top Its got a cut line right behind where the rear window ends.
FWIW, if you look at a JK hard top, it has lines around the same spot that would look like cut lines or seams from a distance.

It looks like the black mule has the flares mounted higher. They are flush/parallel with the hood cut line, opposed to lower; shown on the red mule.
Oh wow, great eye! They're definitely higher on the black JL. Mopar offers a High Top flare for the JK that has a lip similar to the JL's flares (seeing the JL's flares actually reminded me a lot of the Mopar flares). I wonder if they're planning something akin to the High Top flare for the JL but as a factory option...

226737_0.jpg

AgingTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Wrangler, 04 SV 650
The hoods look different on the red and black ones. Looking at side profiles the bump on the red one comes all the way basically to the front edge of the hood similar to the front vented hood on the JT leaked drawing. On the black one the bump ends further back on the hood. I like the JT drawing hood but I gotta say I really wasn't so sure after seeing the pics of the red one. It looked to bulbous with the curve in the front grill. I'll have to see what I think when the camo comes off.

AgingTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Wrangler, 04 SV 650
For sure they are. I think there's some lift as well though. Look at how the front diff sticks down lower below the air dam than on the red one. That or the air dam is smaller.

Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
Wow yeah. Good eye. If you zoom in on the corner of the flare where it nears the hood latch you can also see a notch to fit the latch. Pretty cool. Unless it's just a test fit for mopar parts. Then again maybe lots of mopar parts from the catalog will be available to include during purchase.

Ikari Warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Good eye guys. No wonder I thought the front of the black prototype looked more aggressive. Just didn't realize why. Are we possibly going to get the high mount fenders as an option? :fingerscrossed:

Definitely looks better with the fender up against the hood line. And look at all that space for some huge tires. :clap:

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-rubicon-jlwranglerforums-7-jpg.jpg

2018-jl-wrangler-uncovered-jlwranglerforums-3-jpg.jpg

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Good eye guys. No wonder I thought the front of the black prototype looked more aggressive. Just didn't realize why. Are we possibly going to get the high mount fenders as an option? :fingerscrossed:

Definitely looks better with the fender up against the hood line. And look at all that space for some huge tires. :clap:

2018-jeep-wrangler-jl-rubicon-jlwranglerforums-7-jpg.jpg

2018-jl-wrangler-uncovered-jlwranglerforums-3-jpg.jpg
Another thing to note, the black jeep appears to have smoked headlights while the red one does not

HighGs

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Unlimited
I concur on the highline fender!

I'm very pleased with what I'm seeing overall. I was on the fence between trying to pick up a JK or waiting for the JL; definetly waiting for the JL!

I like the fact that it has a more aggressive look right off the bat as compared to the JK. I always thought my 98 TJ was a better looking jeep than my 09 JK. With the added body lines, hood, AMAZING stock bumper (in comparison to the stock TJ and JK bumpers), halo headlights and grill I personally think this JL looks amazing! Truth be told, I even prefer the fenders over the JK'S! This jeep comes with all the items I wanted to replace on my TJ. And like others said, if you don't like something about it, aftermarket has your back!

Now then... how about some looks at the 2 door!!! :)

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Another thing to note, the black jeep appears to have smoked headlights while the red one does not
and the red jeep has a much higher hood
Sponsored