Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL DROPS MAJOR CAMO, REVEALING NEARLY ALL!

chuck h

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
and while I knew it wouldn't happen, was really hoping I would see the mirrors attached to the frame as opposed to the doors.
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
One thing I can't tell from the pictures, I hope the increased rake & length of the windshield means 16" wipers are finally the appropriate standard length.

15s are a often a pain to find when you need a replacement on the road (even from an autozone / CnadianTire etc), and sometimes limits special editions like winter ones.
Also running oversize wipers I find tends to cause them to overhang a bit at the top & side and then ripple at the end and smear slush/road salt etc in winter.

I also wonder what length that rear one is, and whether it does a better job of pressing against the window at highway speed than the current one, especially when removing frost or road salt which gets stuck in the vacuum behind the window.

Also would like to see an additional delay/mist settig for the rear wiper for maybe 30-60 second interval, instead of just the 3-5 second delay one and 'on'.

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I expect there are still some surprises .

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I hope those KO2s are an option on the Rubi.
Could be, but likely an MT tyre like the KM2 is on the Rubicon. The KO2s have appeared more in the Sahara-based special editions.

Likely this Rubicon is riding (very worn) KO2 AT tyres for better on-road manners while still not going full low-rolling-resistance STs like on the Sahara (which look like the Sport's GoodYear SRAs).

However if they even gave you an option on the Rubicons of something a little more winter capable than MTs, that would be great.

Sponsored

Rusty Shovel

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ, 2005 TJ Rubi, 2012 JK Rubi, 2023 JLU Rubi
I I think they've done a great job.

But I have one niggling complaint: why is the back window framed? Is it just opaque camouflage or is the rear window really bordered like that? Look again, that bordering will create an unnecessary blind spots...

It seems too silly. That's got to be camouflage... Right?

Also, I thought they were intending a rear window that would fold flat on top of the roof. Does that rear glass hinge look capable of that?

Norsfyr

First Name
Björn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Black
Looking good!

Need to know what about roof racks for roof tents.. there are no screws on the a-pillar. We will see..

Alex D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Willy's Wheeler, tank, half doors
I can se the aftermarket already gearing up to put the turn signals back into the grille. I don't like tha change of turn signals into the fenders at all! There was a reason Jeep didn't put them there in the first place.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I can se the aftermarket already gearing up to put the turn signals back into the grille. I don't like tha change of turn signals into the fenders at all! There was a reason Jeep didn't put them there in the first place.
I don't mind them. They are good for when a winch is installed. I'd probably like them on both the grille and fenders. Mine will get a winch quickly, especially if a winch ready bumper is offered on the Rubi.

Goin' Coastal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU wishes
Is there a reason all the Sahara pix watermarks are where you can't see the underside to compare with the Rubicon?

Sponsored

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
That looks like a basic Rubicon. The standard Rubi doesn't have red hooks, and currently doesn't have hood vents or the steel bumpers either, so the red one in the picture is probably just a regular Rubi. But it does have the Red Rubi shocks.
This one does have the vented hood, though. That's the only thing throwing me off

Oakwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito
This pretty much sceals the deal for me, i'll likely get a JL instead of a JK (bar insane deals, which will not happen, obviously)

Love the integrated license plate holder in the cumper rather than the side mounted plastic one that projected out and people kept bumpin on stuff.
That is great, but i wanted to put an aftermarket bumper in the back...so i am not sure where i'll put the licence plate now.

N2MYJK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK
Looks as the spare is much closer to the body. Also, the "sahara" tire looks to be smaller BUT the tire sits lower on the bumper than the KO2. The brake light looks to be about the same distance from the top of the tire on both jeeps. Adjustable mount?

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
The grill and the front fenders really sucks. What a total disappointment. :surprised: The Jeep designers have only earned a very generous F- - for their complete and total lack of understand of Jeep "DNA". :facepalm:

Going way, way back to the beginning, Jeep has the front directional/parking lights on the grill, under the headlights. Even when the YJ dared to go "square", they still had enough respect to keep the front directional/parking lights where they belong. :crying:

3-1.jpg
Sponsored