Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL DROPS MAJOR CAMO, REVEALING NEARLY ALL!

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Looking awesome :like:
Sponsored

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Silver model (Sahara?) looks pretty really weird with those tires, lol. Almost like racing slicks.

Red (Rubicon?) Looking good with that black fender combo!

Are the grilles black? Or is that still camo?
Just the black cling wrap

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
I like the mesh in the grill... if only it were metal, but am sure it is plastic.
Doesn't really make a difference, the plastic works fine too and won't rust, neither will stop a full on limb lancing into the rad & engine, but either will reduce debris denting the radiator, and it's a long time coming.

If it's stock then it save people from using gutter guard and fencing/wire, or going the easy route via amazon, and if you want metal you can always make your own or pay someone else to do it.

Carlton_Banks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Personally from what I can see in the pictures, I see a lot I don't like. I don't like how the grill tapers in, it looks odd with the fender flares/too narrow. I don't like that the turn signals are on the flares, this will limit aftermarket flares. I don't like the bumpers either. Also look how close the front tires are to the flares. It is sort of shaped like the old four door Suzuki Sidekick. Also it looks shorter/lower to the ground to me.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Source? I've heard lots of speculation, but have seen nothing to confirm it. Evidence from photos, though, suggests it to be true, but I'd still like to see where that is confirmed by a solid source.

I love the large grab handles on the A-pillars, and it looks like they are present on the B-pillars, too!

I also see the rear view camera in the center of the spare tire, which is perfect.

Love the new location for the license plate. Why? I dunno. Just a nice change. It cleans up the body a bit.

As much as I think the flares on the Rubi are cheap looking, they look great with paint, on the Sahara. I may go that route on the Rubi, if I can.

I'm not sure I'll get the hard top, but I like the lowered spare tire and the wiper relocation to the bottom. They've really opened up that rear window. I also like the shrunken 3rd tail light. They should have dumped it altogether, though, and integrated it into the center of the spare somehow. LED's would give that kind of flexibility. That would have opened up rear visibility even more.

Overall, as I zoom in and look more closely, I am liking the JL a lot!

Now we need to see the interior unmasked! I'd also like to know exactly what make/model the manual transmission will be.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
One thing I truly don't like is the Sahara's side steps. Also, could this red Jeep not be the top of the line Wrangler? It doesn't have red tow hooks, like the most off road worthy Jeeps usually do. Also, interesting that the Sahara is fitted with steel bumpers (unless these are plastic bumpers on both Jeeps, made to look steel).

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still don't see an obvious hood lock, but could be an interior mechanism, Europe requires one.

If they all get the gas cap covers there might be a flap filling system; I hope not, as I have a cap currently and the amount of trail dust and sand that gets in already would not be nice sitting on the lip of that spring-loaded flap.

Interesting that there's a black trim to the body coloured fenders. I'd be less aggrieved about getting body colour fenders with that nice bit of black to set them off, hopefully it's more durable to and doesn't chip like the current body colour ones.

Love the integrated license plate holder in the bumper rather than the side mounted plastic one that projected out and people kept bumpin on stuff.

Rear headrests look wider and a bit taller.

Last edited:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also like the shrunken 3rd tail light. They should have dumped it altogether, though, and integrated it into the center of the spare somehow. LED's would give that kind of flexibility. That would have opened up rear visibility even more.
Can't do that, centre of the spare is below the top of the tail-lights, so doesn't work as a 3rd brake light is supposed to.
If they were able to muck witht he 3rd light rule like that, might as well make the bottom lights the spare brake lights, but most jurisdictions require the light above the other taillights, including US federal regulations that requires it to be higher than the two tail lights and in the direct line of sight of the vehicle behind it.

It's as low as it can go and still accomodate a spare. I wouldn't be surprised if it's an adjustable height too to allow for larger tires.

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
How is FCA gonna sell any JKs with these brand new beauties stealing the showroom attention?!

The collective atmosphere in this forum just got real hyped!

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One thing I truly don't like is the Sahara's side steps. Also, could this red Jeep not be the top of the line Wrangler? It doesn't have red tow hooks, like the most off road worthy Jeeps usually do.
That looks like a basic Rubicon. The standard Rubi doesn't have red hooks, and currently doesn't have hood vents or the steel bumpers either, so the red one in the picture is probably just a regular Rubi. But it does have the Red Rubi shocks.

Also, interesting that the Sahara is fitted with steel bumpers (unless these are plastic bumpers on both Jeeps, made to look steel).
Likely Plastic made to look like steel on both of them, they both seem same colour and texture of the fender trim.
Probably only the upgraded Recon, and some special editions get the steel treatment with the removable end caps vs just insert accents (like steering wheel and vent rings) that these seem to have.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I dig it. I really dig the two-tone Sahara fenders, even though I'd never buy one. I don't mind the fenders at all, but I hope the material quality is better. Wrangler fender flare plastic has been horrible since forever.
Sponsored