Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL DROPS MAJOR CAMO, REVEALING NEARLY ALL!

Goes

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon firecracker red (soon)
It looks like the roof does come off in three pieces, but the back and rear side windows would remain.

BonesDT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
Yah, that bowed step board looks bad but I highly doubt they will allow it to be released like that. The red rubi looks beat up from testing.

The red rubi's bumper is dented. Could the bumpers be metal now?

The door handles look like they have unlock buttons on them - finally stepping into the modern world. I hope the full size key goes away. I can't believe they still don't have built in blind spot mirrors. I hope that changes.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
The Rubi has clear tailight centers, while the other model has red center in tailights. Just something I noticed.

Sponsored

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2014 GC Limited with a Hemi
I like the mesh in the grill... if only it were metal, but am sure it is plastic.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Look closely at the windshield surround on the 4th picture. It looks like that windshield just might fold down without taking the whole frame with it. It looks like an inner-frame. The pads or rests on the hood look flat in a way to accommodate it just that way, again, without the whole frame. Man, I hope this is the case. I'd love to drop that windshield at the camp ground and on slow trails! Even the windshield wipers look like they would bend in a way as to allow it.

I hope the rock rails on the Rubi are more like the Recon. I don't mind the original style Rubi rock rails, I just like the ones on the Recon better. We'll see what shows up in the final version.

I'm also hoping that front bumper allows for the ends to be removed, like the 10th Anniversary Rubicon bumper. It doesn't look like it in these pics.

Remember, there still could be some disguising or minor deception going on with trim or trim pieces.

Overall, I like that they didn't screw this thing up.

Sponsored

maxbrownr8

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' TJ
Glad to see those front hinges! I know no one really does it, but I love to fold the windshield down for the weekend down here in San Diego!

myfirstjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
empty
Silver model (Sahara?) looks pretty really weird with those tires, lol. Almost like racing slicks.

Red (Rubicon?) Looking good with that black fender combo!

Are the grilles black? Or is that still camo?
Sponsored