Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL DROPS MAJOR CAMO, REVEALING NEARLY ALL!

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Export model in case anyone wondering why front bumper looks different.
Our time was late and my intervention was going to be long, so I apologize for the delay in answering.

The front bumper looks sleek but actually why are these multiple shapes of front bumper? Does each country or market have a different bumper?
Why does Wrangler do this and the other companies do not? Is it a drain on money in things that are not important?

There are other different things and not the front bumper alone.

p_657idj7d1.jpg

p_657cnsoj2.jpg

p_6577f8sg3.jpg

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
The front bumper looks sleek but actually why are these multiple shapes of front bumper? Does each country or market have a different bumper?
Why does Wrangler do this and the other companies do not? Is it a drain on money in things that are not important?
Europe requires different bumpers that do not have large gaps that are more likely to grab a pedestrian and drag them vs pushing them to the side like a trainā€™s cowcatcher... though about as effectively and as Sheldon on Big Band says: .. the more accurate "cow exploder."
Iā€™m not sure how much more effective these ā€˜pedestrian bumpersā€™ really are but thatā€™s the theory. And all vehicles must meet those requirements, but for most other vehicles / manufactures itā€™s not a big issues as most donā€™t have a big gap like that.

And since the US doesnā€™t have that law, then they are designed for the best combination/balance of on-road protection for the vehicleā€™s occupants and off-road capability of the Wrangler.

Iā€™m not sure about the aerodynamic impact, but it definitely means that not as much water sprays up and out the front, and also means more snow and much can get trapped there too.

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
If this is for Europe how do you explain the lack of rear fog lights? Is not that strange!

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
If this is for Europe how do you explain the lack of rear fog lights? Is not that strange!
I dunno, might be somewhere not immediately visible/noticeable or a separate add-on. I know they used to be optional based on region when I was living there, but donā€™t know the requirement now.

BTW, I think the rear fog light is a Brilliant idea (literally), although I did find it strange the first time I saw one on the road in Germany, but when I was told what they were for I was 110% in favour of them and wish(ed) we had them here in N.Am. where fog (and foul weather) is not uncommon in the areas I go with my Wranglers.

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Yes Perhaps the logical explanation is that the rear fog lights are optional.
Sponsored