Sponsored

2018 Jeep Wrangler JL DROPS MAJOR CAMO, REVEALING NEARLY ALL!

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
I picture the pope out burning laps around Vatican City afterhours for fun. I know he's a regular dude like us. Free car and you're the Pope? What's going to stop you?
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Kia Soul just needs the hamster ah wait what is that a furry paw onto steering wheel?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Rubi wheel spied

B6BDA223-087B-4C2B-A663-372B588719D3.jpeg
I dunno. That looks like a 31 or maybe a 32" tire. I think it is not a Rubi, but maybe a Sahara with an off-road tire option? Other Rubis have shown larger tires.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I dunno. That looks like a 31 or maybe a 32" tire. I think it is not a Rubi, but maybe a Sahara with an off-road tire option? Other Rubis have shown larger tires.
If there is a budget Rubi, similar to the Willys, then I’m here for it. Lol

Sponsored

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
The elevated ride height says "Rubi" to me. I'm not sure how I feel about the two-tone treatment applied to the wheels though. Looks a bit funky.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The elevated ride height says "Rubi" to me. I'm not sure how I feel about the two-tone treatment applied to the wheels though. Looks a bit funky.
Maybe. The high front fender says it, too. Not sure why it has or at least appears to have smaller tires.

A budget Rubi In the JK IS a Willys. You get the tires, wheels, shocks, and maybe rock guards, but no lockers or swaybar disconnect, or front D44. Without those things, though, I wouldn't call it a Rubi. It dillutes the brand. It would, however, have been nice to see a rear locker in it.

My "budget" Rubi JL will delete the leather and hopefully won't have painted fenders and just a soft top. It will have all the Rubi off road hardware and the top nav/sound system.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Looks pretty maxed out under the third brake light. I figure FCA designed that light to be over the largest tire they'll put on them stock.

nlgrav182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Rubis typically come with BFG KM2 Mud Terrain and those look like KO2 All Terrain tires, so I don't think it's a Rubicon.

Sponsored

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
If there is a budget Rubi, similar to the Willys, then I’m here for it. Lol
Depends on what Rubi options are important to you. You can build a 'budget Rubi' right now out of a 2 Door Sport S, you won't get the nicer Rubicon interior trim, the sway bar disconnect, 4:10 axel ratio, electronically locking diffs or Dana 44 front diff but if you order the 32-inch Tire and Wheel group you get the BFG BSW Off-Road Tires and Rubi wheels along with the Performance suspension which is standard on the Rubi though FCA don't go into details on the order sheet as to what exactly this in the performance suspension package for $400. And all Wranglers have Dana 44 rear diffs.

PACKAGE
23S
MECHANICAL

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: GVW rating Engine: 3.6L PentastarTM VVT V6 engine Transmissions: 6-speed manual transmission Axle Ratios: 3.21 rear axle ratio

Mechanical: Performance suspension

GROUPS

Groups: 32-inch Tire & Wheel Group

EXTERIOR OPTIONS

Tires: LT255/75R17C BSW Off-Road tires
Exterior Options: Black Jeep Freedom Top® hardtop

INTERIOR OPTIONS

Seats: Cloth bucket seats Interior Options: Air conditioning

ENTERTAINMENT / TECHNOLOGY

Audio: Radio 130 AM/FM/CD
Entertainment / Technology: SiriusXM satellite radio with 1-year subscription Entertainment / Technology: 9 premium Alpine® speakers w/all-weather subwoofer

WHEELS

Wheels: 17x7.5-inch aluminum wheels w/ Mineral Grey centre

EXTERIOR COLOURS

Exterior Colours: Black

INTERIOR COLOURS

Interior Colours: Black

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Depends on what Rubi options are important to you. You can build a 'budget Rubi' right now out of a 2 Door Sport S, you won't get the nicer Rubicon interior trim, the sway bar disconnect, 4:10 axel ratio, electronically locking diffs or Dana 44 front diff but if you order the 32-inch Tire and Wheel group you get the BFG BSW Off-Road Tires and Rubi wheels along with the Performance suspension which is standard on the Rubi though FCA don't go into details on the order sheet as to what exactly this in the performance suspension package for $400. And all Wranglers have Dana 44 rear diffs.

PACKAGE
23S
MECHANICAL

Gross Vehicle Weight Rating: GVW rating Engine: 3.6L PentastarTM VVT V6 engine Transmissions: 6-speed manual transmission Axle Ratios: 3.21 rear axle ratio

GROUPS

EXTERIOR OPTIONS

INTERIOR OPTIONS

Entertainment / Technology: SiriusXM satellite radio with 1-year subscription Entertainment / Technology: 9 premium Alpine® speakers w/all-weather subwoofer

WHEELS

EXTERIOR COLOURS

INTERIOR COLOURS

The problem with the sport is that it looks like a sport no matter how it’s optioned. The Willys has the extra blacked out flare plus actual rubi wheels to make it pop

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU

PACKAGE
23S
MECHANICAL

GROUPS

EXTERIOR OPTIONS

INTERIOR OPTIONS

WHEELS

EXTERIOR COLOURS

INTERIOR COLOURS

You’re forgetting the transfer case.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
How about the axle ratio, 32" tires , 6spd, needs 3:73. That's now $700 option.
Rubicon is in a class by itself, 4:10, a well thought out Pre-Packaged "Deal". Pay Now, or Pay Later...

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
New Video for Wrangler JLU

Sponsored