1cleanrubicon

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Hi guys,

First off I would like to introduce myself. Ive been a long time Jeep Wrangler lover, it all started in 2005. I purchased a 2005 and then a 2006 Jeep Wrangler. I kept them for quite some time. When I saw pictures of the JL rubicon, I knew I had to get one asap! I located a Jeep Rubicon loaded(55k) and drove 300 miles each way to pick it up with such excitement. Its been short lived :/. I drove the car for the first 600-700 miles with the screen re-booting itself from time to time. I didnt think much of it. Moving forward to 900 miles and 2 days before a trip which I was dying to take to Rubicon too(snow and etc) the cars Navi screen goes completely blank after that. I take the car in and they cant get it to work insisting it just needs a system update. Keep in mind I dont have navi,bluetooth,radio, backup camera and cant even control my climate. The service advisor tells me it can take up to 30 days to get a new screen which they have ordered. I take the car back in hopes of it coming sooner. The last 4 days have been very interesting with the car. I woke up with the car dead one day, I called roadside and they came and jumped it. The same day the car wasn't reading the key, it kept saying key fob not detected. I had to literally keep trying for 40 times. The next day again i wake up to the battery dead again, except this time the jumper took 10 mins to start the car(roadside again). The car was stuck on "ON" position and wouldn't even turn the engine on for some reason. Every light on the dash was on when i turned the car on and wouldn't go away even after driving it and turning it off and on. Today again I woke up to the car being dead again and the key not being recognized at all until it randomly did. Ive never experienced issues like this with any car Ive owned. Im terrified this car has electrical issues. Ill be taking the car in tomorrow, most likely leaving it and getting a loaner until screen is here too.

Issues;
1. Info-screen fried(new one on order, up to 30 days or more for a new one). No Navi, radio,bluetooth,backup camera, climate/
2. Battery keeps dying
3. All lights on
4. Key not being recognized
Sponsored

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Sorry to hear that.

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my JLUR so I can only imagine how frustrating it'd be if my new Rubicon started to act up like this within the first few weeks of ownership.

Here's to hoping that the new screen arrives earlier than expected and fixes all your problems!

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Hi guys,

First off I would like to introduce myself. Ive been a long time Jeep Wrangler lover, it all started in 2005. I purchased a 2005 and then a 2006 Jeep Wrangler. I kept them for quite some time. When I saw pictures of the JL rubicon, I knew I had to get one asap! I located a Jeep Rubicon loaded(55k) and drove 300 miles each way to pick it up with such excitement. Its been short lived :/. I drove the car for the first 600-700 miles with the screen re-booting itself from time to time. I didnt think much of it. Moving forward to 900 miles and 2 days before a trip which I was dying to take to Rubicon too(snow and etc) the cars Navi screen goes completely blank after that. I take the car in and they cant get it to work insisting it just needs a system update. Keep in mind I dont have navi,bluetooth,radio, backup camera and cant even control my climate. The service advisor tells me it can take up to 30 days to get a new screen which they have ordered. I take the car back in hopes of it coming sooner. The last 4 days have been very interesting with the car. I woke up with the car dead one day, I called roadside and they came and jumped it. The same day the car wasn't reading the key, it kept saying key fob not detected. I had to literally keep trying for 40 times. The next day again i wake up to the battery dead again, except this time the jumper took 10 mins to start the car(roadside again). The car was stuck on "ON" position and wouldn't even turn the engine on for some reason. Every light on the dash was on when i turned the car on and wouldn't go away even after driving it and turning it off and on. Today again I woke up to the car being dead again and the key not being recognized at all until it randomly did. Ive never experienced issues like this with any car Ive owned. Im terrified this car has electrical issues. Ill be taking the car in tomorrow, most likely leaving it and getting a loaner until screen is here too.

Issues;
1. Info-screen fried(new one on order, up to 30 days or more for a new one). No Navi, radio,bluetooth,backup camera, climate/
2. Battery keeps dying
3. All lights on
Make sure you keep track with a log book on how many times your back to the dealership and for what problems . If they can't fix in a reasonable time frame you might fall under the lemon law buyback.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I already know what the dealer will say... "cannot reproduce" and/or "Do you mind if one of our mechanics takes it home for a week (and drives it around like it's their car and puts a few hundred miles on it?)"

Been there, have the T-shirt. :(

jeeper27

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU
If you are thinking it may be a candidate for lemon law then try to put as few miles as possible on it because I have heard of dealers charging for every mile put on it before you can get a new one. Messed up... I know...

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
It depends on the judge/arbitrator. When my Cavalier Z24 was repurchased the arbitrator saw how well I took care of it and didn’t deduct a per-mile charge.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Have you replaced the battery? All the symptoms you describe point to a bad cell. That is standard stuff. My 07 grand Cherokee did the same thing. Started fine then it needed jumped. All the lights came on. Strange symptoms. If you haven’t changed it, it might be worth a try. Even new batteries can have issues.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Hi guys,

Issues;
2. Battery keeps dying
3. All lights on
Sorry I can’t help myself!

31705_134159976599038_6283436_n.jpg

Seriously though, hopefully the issues get resolved for you soon.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Dang, I'm sorry to hear that! The only suggestion I have left would be to throw some Holy Water on that cursed thing! Hopefully the dealership can get it resolved soon!

Stale

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Have you replaced the battery? All the symptoms you describe point to a bad cell. That is standard stuff. My 07 grand Cherokee did the same thing. Started fine then it needed jumped. All the lights came on. Strange symptoms. If you haven’t changed it, it might be worth a try. Even new batteries can have issues.
I would second this, as I had a bad battery on a new 2011 Ford Explorer. For around 18 months when it was brand new, it would do bizarre things; lights would turn on when the vehicle was parked & off, random messages would appear on the dashboard and go away, the door open chime would go off randomly, battery dead/saver notifications, etc. I thought the cars ECU was shot, or that there was some sort of weird electrical short. Took it to the dealer a few times, they could never reproduce the issues as they were totally random. I did have video of some of the issues, but they didn't seem to care if they couldn't actually reproduce it.

Around 18 months in I ended up replacing the battery myself, as the original battery was terrible after being drained so many times. Instantly, we never had another related issue on the car (had it another 3-4 years after that). I second the bad battery theory, as they do happen, and produce strange issues.

Sponsored

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Not to hijack that thread. I drove my new JL off the lot last Friday. Got down the highway and the windshield wipers stopped mid way. I blew a fuse...go figure hahah

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
I just posted a similar issue in a Sahara listed in the JL section. Did read that If you hold the fob right near the push button it has an rfid chip
that will read it even with a dead key fob battery. Will try to find the source of that information.

Only had my JL week now.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I just posted a similar issue in a Sahara listed in the JL section. Did read that If you hold the fob right near the push button it has an rfid chip
that will read it even with a dead key fob battery. Will try to find the source of that information.

Only had my JL week now.
That information is in the owner’s manual. If the key fob battery is weak or dead, they state to push the start button with the fob.

CompoBBQ

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Not to hijack that thread. I drove my new JL off the lot last Friday. Got down the highway and the windshield wipers stopped mid way. I blew a fuse...go figure hahah
Really wierd, I had a fuse issue, and noticed that, when I checked the fuse box, alot of the Micro ATC fuses were not completed seated in their slots. Probably 40-50% of them. I reseated them all and haven't had any more issues to date.
Sponsored