Sponsored

2018 Jeep JL rear main seal leak. Warrenty issue.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Wow! Y'all are making me reconsider owning a Jeep. I've owned a lot of cars foreign and domestic and none of them have ever had a rear main seal leak. I've put a lot of miles on them too, my oldest has 269K, and the only oil leak was from the oil pan at 160K, I retorqued the bolts and it hasn't leaked in over 100K mi. Rear main seal leaks are nothing to laugh at. #jeeplife
Sponsored

loydd24

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Hello y’all. First post. My 2018 JL with 11k miles was at the dealership and confirmed a real main seal leak. Problem is they are not going to replace it or start to replace it unless I agree to paying $1800 if there is any sand in seal..I’ve seen a large number of posts about it on here so it’s hard to believe the 4 or 5 times I’ve been through some light mud would cause the Jeep I’ve had for 6 months to go bad... but at the same time they was $1800 to fix it if they open it up and see any but would warrenty it if not..... seems like they already have their mind made up, not to mention that’s a crazy amount to gamble on.. Any suggestion?
I know this is an old thread but my dealer didn’t even hesitate to cover this under warranty (mud or not) they called the warranty company in front of me and confirmed that it and a rental car would be covered at no charge. However last time I had an issue with a PCM failing I went to another dealership I don’t even think they tried calling my warranty company and they stuck me with the bill which was $2200.