Sponsored

2018 Jeep Easter Safari Concepts Revealed: 4SPEED, Sandstorm, Nacho, Jeepster, J-Wagon

Redwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JKU
Anyway, as far as I know, every concept they make is robust enough to ride the trails out there. I’ve certainly seen several different ones doing it in YouTube videos.

I have a special place in my heart for the FC Jeeps, but I’m sure safety requirements make it impossible for them to be made new. When you’re the crumple zone, bad things happen.
As a young boy growing up on a farm we had a ‘47 Willys and the neighbor had an FC150. How we survived to be adults is remarkable. You are definitely right on the FC crumple zone! We smacked the dash/windshield with our faces many times driving through the woods. :cwl::cwl: Of the current concepts, the Wagoneer would be special. My dad bought one in 1964 and I even won a trophy at the drag strip with it.
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
So how many threads are going to be hijacked by people griping about missing JLs? Just so I know what to expect.

You know that by complaining here you’re annoying fellow enthusiasts instead of making any real impact with FCA, right?

(Dammit, I forgot all about the “ignore” feature. Still doesn’t save me from everyone replying to the whining, though.)

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

So how many threads are going to be hijacked by people griping about missing JLs? Just so I know what to expect.

You know that by complaining here you’re annoying fellow enthusiasts instead of making any real impact with FCA, right?

(Dammit, I forgot all about the “ignore” feature. Still doesn’t save me from everyone replying to the whining, though.)
meh. reading nonstop 4door talk is annoying too. ;)

Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer

All the whining, bitching and moaning in this forum has become par for the course.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Live Photos of the J-Wagon concept:

jeep-j-wagon-wrangler-concept-8.jpg
jeep-j-wagon-wrangler-concept-10.jpg
jeep-j-wagon-wrangler-concept-14.jpg
jeep-j-wagon-wrangler-concept-15.jpg
jeep-j-wagon-wrangler-concept-11.jpg
jeep-j-wagon-wrangler-concept-3.jpg
jeep-j-wagon-wrangler-concept-4.jpg
jeep-j-wagon-wrangler-concept-9.jpg
jeep-j-wagon-wrangler-concept-2.jpg
jeep-j-wagon-wrangler-concept-12.jpg
7th picture down, zoomed in, confirms the BF Goodrich KM3 on the J-Wagon! Yeah, baby!! That's my next tire! Neat that they snuck that in there on the concept Jeep!

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
They did not. Record February sales. They also are smart enough to stock deep before spring. When the weather warms up, sales of Wranglers go up. They are ready for the season. Jeep gets it. It is their second highest profit margin vehicle. They'll ultimately sell every one of them. Hard to sell them if you don't have any.
i agree. they’re queuing up for spring demand, not feb/march sales - and to do so, they must present substantial choice to consumers, so they need dozens of variations in models on hand

Sponsored

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Great to see Jeep is on the right track with these concept cars. Hopefully alot of the new parts and accessories will make it into production. I'd have my wish list full in about 5 miniutes if they do.

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
So, does Jeep actually use the concept vehicles on the trails or are they just on display? Don’t really care either way, I’m just curious. Here is the one I wish they would build:

BE72FFF1-8EF2-4128-8C58-49D8AF75959C.jpeg
I would love to buy one of these and turn it in to the ultimate overlanding vehicle. Build a shell over the back for a bed and small kitchen. Solar panels on the roof. Tons of storage. Upgrade the engine. Ugh. Basically a smaller version of a Global Expedition Vehicles rig.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
MUST... HAVE... J-WAGON!!!!
I think you are looking straight at an upcoming special edition. The mods are just too easy and mild. If they took the bet in Vegas, I'd go all in that you'll see the J Wagon, maybe by a different name, in the next year or two. If I didn't already have a JLU and the J Wagon offered the Rubicon running gear and steel bumpers, that'd be the one I'd buy. It is beautiful! Love those rock guards, too!

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I think you are looking straight at an upcoming special edition. The mods are just too easy and mild. If they took the bet in Vegas, I'd go all in that you'll see the J Wagon, maybe by a different name, in the next year or two. If I didn't already have a JLU and the J Wagon offered the Rubicon running gear and steel bumpers, that'd be the one I'd buy. It is beautiful! Love those rock guards, too!
Yeah, I'm really liking the subtleties of it rather than the extremes of the other concepts.

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So, does Jeep actually use the concept vehicles on the trails or are they just on display? Don’t really care either way, I’m just curious. Here is the one I wish they would build:

BE72FFF1-8EF2-4128-8C58-49D8AF75959C.jpeg
I also really liked this concept, but I understood they cannot build this one because safety regulations prevents them from making this into a production vehicle...
Sponsored