2018 Jeep 2 door JL lift kit recommendations? 2-2.5" with good highway ride

Lookin4jeep

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Truck and Toyota Suv
I would like a 2 to 2.5 lift but the Jeep must retain it’s great highway handlying.
Any suggestions?
Sponsored

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
I know that you asked about a 2 Door, however, I will say that I have a ‘20 Sahara.

I added 2” Mopar lift, with 35” tires:
35s are TOYO Open Country A/T II XTREME (35X12.50RTLT).

Highway ride and handling is fantastic.

Currently setting between 25 and 30k miles with this setup. ZERO complaints.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I would like a 2 to 2.5 lift but the Jeep must retain it’s great highway handlying.
Any suggestions?
You got a JL with "great highway handling"?

I'd take it in to have it looked at. There's something wrong with it...:LOL:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
A 2” Mopar lift is more like 3”-3.5” on a Sport or Sahara. You may want to look at a 2” spacer lift and new, longer shocks. Your ride will remain near stock and you wont be surprised with a lift that’s significantly higher than expected.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I have a 20' JLR 3.6/Auto, hardtop with a Mopar *Plus lift (Plus is 8 Teraflex IR arms, Steer Smarts tie rod, draglink & pro trackbar, Teraflex rear trackbar relocation bracket, Rancho rear trackbar, Rancho front trackbar brace and Fox 2.0TS stabilizer) I also have the TSB iron steering box and running 35" KO2's on 17x8.5 wheels with 5,2" backspace. My current ride and handling, both on and off road is excellent! At 85mph (on a straight deserted stretch of highway) I can take my hand off the wheel and she tracks straight as an arrow, normal speeds on potholed streets-no issues at all.

I am in the process of upgrading to a Dana UD44 w/4.88's and will be going to 37" KO2's as soon as the new 37x12.50R17 C is released (BFG is saying June 1st). I know ride and handling will change, there will be some tradeoffs-I just hope I will be as happy overall as I am now...

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you're looking for something that handles just as great or even better than your factory suspension, definitely check out either our Overland Plus or our Ride Right suspension systems! Our Overland Plus kit is a complete suspension system, meaning it comes with all 8 adjustable control arms, front and rear adjustable track bars, and everything else you need in order to properly maintain your suspensions geometry for a smooth and comfortable ride. This kit is our most popular option for somebody looking to use their vehicle as a daily driver/weekend warrior and uses completely maintenance-free Giiro bushings all around that help to soak up road noise and vibrations as well as provide you with all of the flex and misalignment you need if you plan on taking it off-road. Our Ride Right kit is essentially the same thing as the Overland Plus kit, just stripped down to the main necessities for somebody looking to primarily keep the vehicle on-road, but still want to lift the Jeep properly. Happy to answer any questions or talk a little bit more in-depth about your build of course!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
You got a JL with "great highway handling"?

I'd take it in to have it looked at. There's something wrong with it...:LOL:
I can't even laugh at this one .. i think they mean something different from what the rest of us think
Sponsored