Pennsylvania 2018+ grille trim from rubicon/sahara

Jhubert41

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler sport s
SmartSelect_20210721-115628_Chrome.jpg

For those of you with a 2018+ Sahara or Rubicon who have put on an aftermarket grille. I am looking for the 3 trim pieces (left,right,bottom) on the stock grille in hydro blue. I have circled them in yellow. They only come with sahara/rubicon as the sport is a one piece grille. I have bought the mopar satin grille and need those 3 trim pieces and before I order the ones from mopar and get them painted I was wondering of anyone has them left over from their grille.
Thanks!
Advertisement

OP
OP
Jhubert41

Jhubert41

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler sport s
Bump anyone have a hydro blue grille laying around from sahara or rubicon ?

Robellion

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
You can buy those three pieces at Quadratec as well as Mopar paint and clear coat. I just did this for the Black Satin Grill. Clean pieces well with alcohol wearing rubber gloves. Paint 3-5 coats of the color (dry in between), then many, many coats of clear. Go through three cans of clear, (dry in between). The clear will give the gloss you are looking for to match your factory paint job. HINT: I did just a few clear passes and it looks more like the satin finish like the black grill. It looks cool because it matches my factory Billet Silver in color and the sheen matches the grill. Like a tri-tone effect. But if you go many coats of clear, you get the high-gloss look. Key is to not over spray each coat creating drips and thick parts...nice and thin coats is what you want.

OP
OP
Jhubert41

Jhubert41

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 wrangler sport s
You can buy those three pieces at Quadratec as well as Mopar paint and clear coat. I just did this for the Black Satin Grill. Clean pieces well with alcohol wearing rubber gloves. Paint 3-5 coats of the color (dry in between), then many, many coats of clear. Go through three cans of clear, (dry in between). The clear will give the gloss you are looking for to match your factory paint job. HINT: I did just a few clear passes and it looks more like the satin finish like the black grill. It looks cool because it matches my factory Billet Silver in color and the sheen matches the grill. Like a tri-tone effect. But if you go many coats of clear, you get the high-gloss look. Key is to not over spray each coat creating drips and thick parts...nice and thin coats is what you want.
Thanks for the tips! Do you have pics of how they turned out?

Advertisement

Winjet

Advertisement