Sponsored

2018 early JLRU Tazer JL Mini ?

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 4dr 2.0 turbo
first off, thank you for allowing me into this forum. I have had my JLRU since early 19 and have had no issues to speak of until now.

I recently purchased the JL Mini Tazer and "attempted the installation per the instructions on the web site. I have tried numerous attempts with marring and un-marring complete reboots and even tried the "fixmyjltazer" as I thought I may have a bad download.

I have all functions except for the Radio. I have the 8.4 and as soon as you plug the Tazer in and start the marry it is black and just the note emblem is on the dash display. I have attempted to change the radio setting and reboot and I also tried not changing anything and reboot. Neither of the two will work.

I did notice in most of the videos I have seen there is the Security light that flashes at the end of the full reboot. Mine stays off until reboot and then goes solid. There is no flash at all. In the 15 or so attempts I have tried this stays the same. I have let the Jeep set for over an hour in the on position hoping the security light would go off or flash and still nothing. This has been extremely frustrating.

I have owned and operated a 12 volt alarm and stereo shop for many years and this has stumped me more that installing the pioneer screens with the multiple trigger relay harness. (that was a tough one BTW).

any information you may be able to provide to help me with this is greatly appreciated. With all the great reviews and not much of any negative I went with the Tazer and hopefully it will work out for me (my Wife).

One Last thing, This was purchased through amazon and sold from Quadratec so I believe it to be legit. It does have a WEIRD serial number though. Who knows????

thank you all
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I would contact zauto thru a text message for support, I’m sure their support team can walk you thru any issues and their may also be some se users here that can take you thru it, I quit using a Tazer several years back and now run a different setup that suits my needs.

OP
OP
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 4dr 2.0 turbo
have sent multiple emails and texts. emails answered asking the simple questions and i answered them according. no return email since. i know he is busy and I can wait a little while.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
have sent multiple emails and texts. emails answered asking the simple questions and i answered them according. no return email since. i know he is busy and I can wait a little while.
Its been a few years since I ran a Tazer but I would not think the marry process has changed much....Just set your EVIC to “ Music” then plug in the Tazer to the cables after unplugging them from the SGW module then set your JL to run and use the steering wheel buttons to get to the “Marry“ screen from there I think the security lite is supposed to blink a few times then it will say “Married” but like I said it’s been a few years so this process may be different now.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Texas JL Rubicon, Is there any further news on the issue you wrestled with
Sponsored