Sponsored

2013 JK, 80k miles . . . $4,000? Should I be worried?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
it's interesting to see the different reactions on here. I would be upgrading the fenders anyway, are you seeing any damage or something specific that might be more worrisome?
That was a sarcastic reply as to the nature of used car dealers.

Buying this Jeep for 4K would be taking advantage of an obviously unintelligent person. This Jeep needs maybe 3k in parts to be in good shape. It’s worth 7500 easy.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
That was a sarcastic reply as to the nature of used car dealers.

Buying this Jeep for 4K would be taking advantage of an obviously unintelligent person. This Jeep needs maybe 3k in parts to be in good shape. It’s worth 7500 easy.
I agree from the pictures. Curious how it drives. 4 door frame/tub with a title is worth more than $4k, not sure about a two door. They're much harder to sell.

Honestly, buy it and fix it to pass a visual inspection and vroom it. Profit. Either way, pretty sure it will be impossible to lose money on this if it passes an inspection from a mechanic.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
If I bought it that cheap, I could not resist doing this to it.

1639573445557.jpeg
Yeah, I was thinking about something like that. Driveway paint job, minimal fixes and mods, just use it. A friend used to have a cabin in the desert and he'd buy stuff like the OP is considering ... only cheaper. The vehicles would go a couple years and then start sinking into the desert. We did a full 3 color camo job on a rolled Suburban. Floorjacked the roof out and installed new glass. Got a lot of miles out of that one.

Sponsored

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Buying this Jeep for 4K would be taking advantage of an obviously unintelligent person.
It's called survival of the fittest. Besides, unintelligent people provide so very few contributions to society - situations like this are one of the few ways they can give back.

And quite honestly, its not so much taking advantage of the unintelligent - it's taking advantage of the lazy. Information on the vehicle's value is extremely readily available. If they can't be bothered to put forth the effort, oh well...

Deleted member 59498

it's interesting to see the different reactions on here. I would be upgrading the fenders anyway, are you seeing any damage or something specific that might be more worrisome?

Pretty sure might be sarcasm rust.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It's called survival of the fittest. Besides, unintelligent people provide so very few contributions to society - situations like this are one of the few ways they can give back.

And quite honestly, its not so much taking advantage of the unintelligent - it's taking advantage of the lazy. Information on the vehicle's value is extremely readily available. If they can't be bothered to put forth the effort, oh well...
It is never morally acceptable to take advantage of anyone, no matter how the power differential is gained.

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
It is never morally acceptable to take advantage of anyone, no matter how the power differential is gained.
This is the mentality that keeps the participation trophy industry thriving.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
To the average person this thing looks like a total disaster. It’s just neglected with a lot of very low speed cosmetic damage. It could actually be made pretty nice on a low budget.

The right rear corner looks pushed in, but not creased. That, the driver rocker and door could be made 95% better and un-noticeable with PDR. It hard to tell from the original photo, the drivers door and fender may just be rub marks.