Sponsored

2013 10th anniversary Rubicon with Edlebrock supercharger - Previous owner?

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Hope this is ok to post, my buddy just bought this Jeep. Hoping to maybe track down the previous owner that did the modifications. Thought maybe someone could have seen this beautiful rig and known the owner or that someone here may have upgraded to something newer and traded this in.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2013 10th anniversary Rubicon with Edlebrock supercharger - Previous owner? 324933923_6104418136245486_152974063746022109_n

Jeep Wrangler JL 2013 10th anniversary Rubicon with Edlebrock supercharger - Previous owner? 315353229_4349540281836834_741191732825978450_n
Sponsored

Golden Power

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Golden eagle
Nice Build... I have a similar one and i also have an Edelbrock supercharger is he has any questions. Sorry i am really of no help on the previous owner.

OP
OP
cnapierala

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Nice Build... I have a similar one and i also have an Edelbrock supercharger is he has any questions. Sorry i am really of no help on the previous owner.
That is very helpful actually. Ill pass that along!

Golden Power

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Golden eagle
That is very helpful actually. Ill pass that along!
Also please pass this along to him because this issue plagued the 12-13JK. Cylinder 2 is prone to get a misfire code as well as the entire cylinder bank. They put out a service bulletin for it and many got replaced but check with him if the head has been replaced because that solves the problem. The supercharger only makes that issue worse and harder to detect because the intercooler lines pass right over the spark plugs on the 2-4-6 bank.

Dergibog

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler 10th Anniversary
Golden Power. Thanks for responding to cnapierala's post.

I am the owner of the rig pictured here. Are you saying you also own a supercharged 2013 or is the supercharger on your 2018? Are you on a JK forum as well?

If the supercharger you have is on a 2012-14 JK, Is the programmer for your supercharger the SCT X4? I called the Edelbrock Tech Support line today but they weren't all that helpful.

The previous owner, who is the owner of the dealership where I purchased it, has said the programmer was in the vehicle but it's not. They are looking for it. He said the person he purchased it from gave it to him but so far they haven't been able to locate it or perhaps haven't tried.

The Jeep only has 43k, is in phenomenal condition and runs very well but there is one thing that is concerning. When trying to hold a constant speed under light throttle there is some slight surging. It's not a miss. It feels like it can't quite figure out where the the throttle position is. If you feather the throttle just slightly it stops. It also does it sometimes when the cruise control is on while going downhill. Does this sound familiar?

Starts right up and idle is smooth as can be. Under very light throttle or medium to heavy throttle it is perfect. Running 91 octane no-ethanol and P.O. claims he did as well.

Sponsored

Golden Power

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Golden eagle
Golden Power. Thanks for responding to cnapierala's post.

I am the owner of the rig pictured here. Are you saying you also own a supercharged 2013 or is the supercharger on your 2018? Are you on a JK forum as well?

If the supercharger you have is on a 2012-14 JK, Is the programmer for your supercharger the SCT X4? I called the Edelbrock Tech Support line today but they weren't all that helpful.

The previous owner, who is the owner of the dealership where I purchased it, has said the programmer was in the vehicle but it's not. They are looking for it. He said the person he purchased it from gave it to him but so far they haven't been able to locate it or perhaps haven't tried.

The Jeep only has 43k, is in phenomenal condition and runs very well but there is one thing that is concerning. When trying to hold a constant speed under light throttle there is some slight surging. It's not a miss. It feels like it can't quite figure out where the the throttle position is. If you feather the throttle just slightly it stops. It also does it sometimes when the cruise control is on while going downhill. Does this sound familiar?

Starts right up and idle is smooth as can be. Under very light throttle or medium to heavy throttle, it is perfect. Running 91 octane no-ethanol and P.O. claims he did as well.
Sorry for the confusion the supercharger is on my 2018 JK. I am unsure of the status of the tune as I did not install it the previous owner did and the dealership bought it at auction so I can't track whoever he is down. Judging by the other mods done like exhaust and cold air intake I suspect it has the Edelbrock tune with unlocked PCM. And yes eddlebrock support sucks I have gone through many pains with them as well. As for the surging, I know exactly what you are talking about, and for me, it really only happens when cruise control is on. Do you have a standard or automatic transmission? I hear the auto trans tune was never gotten perfect however I have a standard trans so that is irrelevant in my case. Also with the surge it only happens for me in high gears (5-6) crusing on the highway I have a alpine head unit that shows boost and other stats and you can see the valve close and let it build boost for a few seconds then it dumps it and goes back into vacuum. Ill get some videos this weekend if i can and i can PM my phone number if you want me to text them over. I am not on JK fourm becuase for some reason it would never let me register to join. Hopefully all this is helpful
- Max

Dergibog

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler 10th Anniversary
Thank you for the input and reply. I don't need anything else at this time.

I have a manual but I won't put up with the surging. If it can't be eliminated the rig will be. Too annoying with the cruise control on. I have hope I will get it figured out, with help.

Golden Power

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Golden eagle
Thank you for the input and reply. I don't need anything else at this time.

I have a manual but I won't put up with the surging. If it can't be eliminated the rig will be. Too annoying with the cruise control on. I have hope I will get it figured out, with help.
Wow I didn’t realize it was that bad hope you get it figured out. Maybe try calling diablosport they do lots of tuning on them and will probably know a thing or two on what to do.
Sponsored