Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2021 JLURe (coming soon)
Unless Jeep treats this price increase differently then in the past, PCO order prices are NOT locked in until the Maroney Window sticker is create after Jeep manufacturers it. In general, ordering a few days ago wasn't going to beat the price increase.
What is a PCO order?
Sponsored

MissRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Welp, we talked to our dealer this morning and sure enough, the price went up around $2400. We still have the same % off invoice, so that didn’t change. We decided to go ahead and place the order, but it does leave a bit of a bad taste in the mouth in regards to the timing and how FCA handled it.

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
I went to a dealer today. We did not like the available colors. We opted to order a new one in Hella Yella. He called me later to say that there will be a price increase starting on Tuesday. The salesman did not know how much but said the price will change since it’s based on pickup day not date of order. Any thoughts or should I buy one on Monday?
Bold face lie! Tell your dealer to F off and quit screwing with you. Ask him if he’s lying or just flat out doesn’t know how to do his job.

As for the real info you’re asking about… not true. Every dealer knows about “the box” they should be checking off when you place your build. It’s the “select sold order protection”. That box does locks in the vehicles current price the day you order it AND if there are any incentives active it also locks in those! If the vehicle takes 3 months to build and deliver to you and there are 3 monthly increases to the price and options and the incentives are gone, you are still good and paying the price the day you ordered along with incentives that were active.

98.9% of dealers and Jeep guys on Facebook will say that you can’t get an incentive if it’s gone when your vehicle arrives. Once it’s gone it’s gone they say. That was the case until very recently and Stellantis has since changed that. If you don’t believe me, or the dealer gives you shit call the Stellantis Incentives phone number, and do it on speaker phone with the salesman next to you. They will explain to the salesman incentives can now be locked in and offer to walk them through how. They will tell you I f the dealer refuses to check the box or just screws up and forgets, then you call them to open a case against the dealer and after you take delivery, Stellantis will send you the incentive check directly.

I have a diesel JTR on order (sitting on a train with delivery in the next 1-2 weeks). I ordered during the 2 week window that Jeep gave 1K off ALL gladiator trims. My incentive is locked in and shows on the dealers website even though it expired and you had to take delivery by May 3rd.

Incentives Phone Number:
1-800-227-0757

Jeep Wrangler JL $2000 Price Increase For 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe 1E8B4D78-9ED9-4B14-81F8-B691FCD66BD3

Sponsored

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
That’s ok the folks that buy 4XE’s are really good at math and will still think it is cheaper.
Well that’s what sucks. It still is much cheaper… at least to lease. So I can’t even say “screw them I’ll just get an ICE Rubicon.” I‘d be paying over $100 more per month for the ICE version even after this 4xe price increase. I’m assuming that’s why Stellantis decided to do it?

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Well that’s what sucks. It still is much cheaper… at least to lease. So I can’t even say “screw them I’ll just get an ICE Rubicon.” I‘d be paying over $100 more per month for the ICE version even after this 4xe price increase. I’m assuming that’s why Stellantis decided to do it?
This is just my guess. Jeep wanted to see the demand for the 4xe, and my guess is that it is very popular and may have exceeded their target goals. My other guess is the 4xe is likely less profitable than an ICE Wrangler and with the current state of affairs (Stellantis having to shutdown many plants thus reducing inventory for dealers) they want to maximize profits. So you charge more and expect either people will pay it, or they will buy an ICE Wrangler instead. What other option do you have if you wanted to buy a $40K+ Wrangler? Buy a Bronco? Yeah good luck with that.

I also suspect when the 2022 Wranglers get announced the lineup will see a price hike and the 4xe will not.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
I dunno guys. On Jeep.com configuring a V6 with stickshift the exact way I'd want it comes in at 52.9k fully optioned.

No worries about waiting for lift kits and aftermarket parts...

No worries about the insanely heavy 4xe overtaxing the axles on 37" tires...

Around town, or on any road trip that doesn't involve towing or wheeling, I can still drive my Tesla.

They're not making it easy to pick the 4xe.

Sponsored

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Luckily my dealer said they'd honor the original deal even with the price increase, so as an individual case, I'm good. However, the price hike was unfortunate.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Bold face lie! Tell your dealer to F off and quit screwing with you. Ask him if he’s lying or just flat out doesn’t know how to do his job.

As for the real info you’re asking about… not true. Every dealer knows about “the box” they should be checking off when you place your build. It’s the “select sold order protection”. That box does locks in the vehicles current price the day you order it AND if there are any incentives active it also locks in those! If the vehicle takes 3 months to build and deliver to you and there are 3 monthly increases to the price and options and the incentives are gone, you are still good and paying the price the day you ordered along with incentives that were active.

98.9% of dealers and Jeep guys on Facebook will say that you can’t get an incentive if it’s gone when your vehicle arrives. Once it’s gone it’s gone they say. That was the case until very recently and Stellantis has since changed that. If you don’t believe me, or the dealer gives you shit call the Stellantis Incentives phone number, and do it on speaker phone with the salesman next to you. They will explain to the salesman incentives can now be locked in and offer to walk them through how. They will tell you I f the dealer refuses to check the box or just screws up and forgets, then you call them to open a case against the dealer and after you take delivery, Stellantis will send you the incentive check directly.

I have a diesel JTR on order (sitting on a train with delivery in the next 1-2 weeks). I ordered during the 2 week window that Jeep gave 1K off ALL gladiator trims. My incentive is locked in and shows on the dealers website even though it expired and you had to take delivery by May 3rd.

Incentives Phone Number:
1-800-227-0757

Jeep Wrangler JL $2000 Price Increase For 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe 1E8B4D78-9ED9-4B14-81F8-B691FCD66BD3

First off there are NO incentive on Wranglers to take back this is simply a base price increase (there are Never Wrangler incentives anyway). This year alone the cost of manufacturing, Steel, Plastics, semiconductors, cost of shipping has all skyrocketed. Just about every industry in North America has raised prices, is raising prices or contemplating price increases. Inflation is here . Yo may not like it or the timing but is is the cost of business, someone has to pay the higher cost and a for profit company that has to answer to investors everyday including Sundays would likely make these same decisions.

Also I would not wait and plan on Tax Credits being available much longer I know the moderate Dems like the Tax Credit but the far left is screaming that these tax credits on benefit the rich. I know some think it may be extended or even increased but I have to believe the WOKE will win out and these will be gone or greatly diminished. regardless pricing is volatile on everything today.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Why are we seeing an increase on 4xe only? Battery components?
It should have always been more expensive - the initial release was a "special pricing" and I think we're seeing the "actual" price now. A comparatively equipped regular JL was practically the same price as the 4xe until now. Now there's about a $2k-2.5k premium over the regular, which in reality makes sense.