Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2021 JLURe (coming soon)
I was told it

I was told it is at time of delivery, not order date.
I believe that's true for rebates and incentives, but not base price. If your dealer orders at a certain price and then the base price increases, Jeep is not going to retroactively make your dealer pay more for an order already placed.
Sponsored

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
I ordered back on 3/19 and was told via text from my dealer a few weeks after I placed the order that there had been a price increase but that because it was a customer order that my order was price protected. We will see if that hold true when Jeep invoices the dealer. My jeep is currently pending installation of additional equipment.
Oh I really hope that’s true… it’s the way it SHOULD be.

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I went to a dealer today. We did not like the available colors. We opted to order a new one in Hella Yella. He called me later to say that there will be a price increase starting on Tuesday. The salesman did not know how much but said the price will change since it’s based on pickup day not date of order. Any thoughts or should I buy one on Monday?
Whoa, what? Are you saying even if we order and placed a deposit with an agreed upon price, that once it actually arrives, the price changes????

I ordered my 4xe last month with 1% under invoice and put $500 down to place the order. Should arrive this month and definitely will not buy it if dealer doesn't stick with our agreed upon price...

hokie

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
My order (placed 4/6) is in transit right now. Salesperson hasn't said anything to me. I am not going to bring it up unless they do.

It doesn't seem fair to raise the base price on a sold order for either the dealer or the customer. I would be very skeptical if I was told I had to pay $X more due to a mfg price increase. Rebates no longer applying; sure... that makes sense.

Shady dealers could see it as a chance to increase their GP because I doubt FCA would increase the price to a dealer on orders already placed. Not too ethical for an invoice price to change after an order.

Just my thoughts, I have no clue how any of this works.

Sponsored

hokie

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Whoa, what? Are you saying even if we order and placed a deposit with an agreed upon price, that once it actually arrives, the price changes????

I ordered my 4xe last month with 1% under invoice and put $500 down to place the order. Should arrive this month and definitely will not buy it if dealer doesn't stick with our agreed upon price...

Agreed. I get that prices change but increases should not retroactively be applied on orders already placed.

hokie

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Hey guys, just talked to my dealer. He said the price increase will NOT affect orders already placed. I did not ask him to confirm or deny the news of the price bump.
Thanks for the update. I could be wrong but no way would they say: "Hey the Jeep you ordered came in. It's now $2,000 more. When do you want to take delivery?"

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
Hey guys, just talked to my dealer. He said the price increase will NOT affect orders already placed. I did not ask him to confirm or deny the news of the price bump.
Yes, that's what other manufacturers do. I have ordered cars from GM and Ford where price increases did not affect sold orders that had allocations to get built.

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Yes, that's what other manufacturers do. I have ordered cars from GM and Ford where price increases did not affect sold orders that had allocations to get built.
If they tried to enforce the increase it would instantly nullify the sales agreement that they entered into at the time of order and the dealer would be liable for breach of contract. For example, on my deposit of sold order agreement, along with the purchase price, it specifically states: "Upon execution by both parties this is a fully enforceable contract of sale". As soon as the dealership took my money in deposit we entered into a binding sales agreement at the specified purchase price.

If Stelantis/FCA tried to enforce this retroactive price increase it would likely be grounds for a class action lawsuit against them.

Sponsored

4x4PNW

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Seqouia, Wrangler Rubicon 4xe on order
If anyone is interested in a pretty much fully loaded Granite Crystal 4xe Rubicon, my dealer said they accidentally ordered an extra of the exact build I purchased. Significant discount below MSRP and below FCA. Pacific NW area... Washington State

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
FCA has to recoup 8.7 million from the Apollon Nimo scam

AtomicDutchOven

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe soon!
my dealer said the sales price was locked in when I ordered last week, but the buyers order does contain the following provision:

“2. Manufacturer has reserved the right to change the price to Dealer of new motor vehicles without notice. In the event the price to Dealer of new motor vehicles of the series and body type ordered hereunder is changed by Manufacturer prior to delivery of the new motor vehicle ordered hereunder to Purchaser, Dealer reserves the right to change the cash delivered price of such motor vehicle to Purchaser accordingly. If such cash delivered price is increased by Dealer, Purchaser may, if dissatisfied therewith, cancel this Order…”

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
my dealer said the sales price was locked in when I ordered last week, but the buyers order does contain the following provision:

“2. Manufacturer has reserved the right to change the price to Dealer of new motor vehicles without notice. In the event the price to Dealer of new motor vehicles of the series and body type ordered hereunder is changed by Manufacturer prior to delivery of the new motor vehicle ordered hereunder to Purchaser, Dealer reserves the right to change the cash delivered price of such motor vehicle to Purchaser accordingly. If such cash delivered price is increased by Dealer, Purchaser may, if dissatisfied therewith, cancel this Order…”
So it's really gonna come down to supply and demand. I may have a 4xe ready for me but my price is under invoice. If they find a buyer that wants to buy my 4xe and is willing to pay at or more than MSRP, then my dealer may try to pull this on me.

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE

I would be curious at what point in the transaction the dealer price is established. That reads more like the dealer reserving the right to charge you more because they can, or if you choose not to buy it they can mark it up and put it on their lot.
Sponsored