Sponsored

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I went to a dealer today. We did not like the available colors. We opted to order a new one in Hella Yella. He called me later to say that there will be a price increase starting on Tuesday. The salesman did not know how much but said the price will change since it’s based on pickup day not date of order. Any thoughts or should I buy one on Monday?
I’m confused...so is the dealer misinformed, and the supposed “price increase” is just a glitch? Or, was the $25K amount just a glitch, and there will still be a price increase of a different dollar amount hitting on Tuesday?
Sponsored

SteelerJeep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
Operations manager
I’m confused...so is the dealer misinformed, and the supposed “price increase” is just a glitch? Or, was the $25K amount just a glitch, and there will still be a price increase of a different dollar amount hitting on Tuesday?
My question exactly. I hope someone on here has some insight.

OP
OP
lightsout

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link

My Guess there has to be a price increase coming soon, look everything is skyrocketing in the last 100 days. All my business venders are all announcing price increases, cost of fuel, shipping, metals, plastics, mass component and semiconductor shortages, the only way for business to combat this is price increases as it is not expected to get any better in the next 12 months. Dealers have NO inventory so they have to get more profit for what the sell offset the lack of volume. Who knows what this glitch means... Maybe it was caused by poor implementation of actual lower price increases, we will soo find out. Personally glad I got mine in April.

Original J Dub

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former YJ and JK...Current CJ and JL
I put in an order for a 4xe this afternoon. The dealer said the system was down and that it should be up by tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Glitch in the matrix I guess!
Got my VON this afternoon. Systems are back up and all is right in the world.

JW

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstrek, 2021 JLURe (coming soon)
I just got a quote on a Rubicon 4xe from Travis at Tri-City and he lists the base Rubicon MSRP as $53,505 - almost $2000 higher than what's on the Jeep website today. I am reaching out to him for clarification but it sounds like there might really be a price increase after all...

AJ_4xE

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Does the sold orders hold the price at time of order or that of delivery?

MtgGuy99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Wow, this would likely add 55ish a month to any lease deal doing 36 months. That sucks.

Sponsored

28firefighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
I think the MSRP could go up but I imagine your sale price will hold if you locked in. Will find out myself. So far my cryptosticker has the same ordered MSRP.

CaliforniaWheelin'

First Name
Sullivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler JK
I know when I ordered my Tesla they said I was locking in that price. In the event the price went up after the date of my order, I wouldn’t be effected. I really hope Jeep operates the same way. I’m gonna be pretty disappointed if they don’t honor the price we ordered at.

Would love it if someone with more knowledge than me could chime in.

FirstF80InSpace

First Name
F80
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Porsche 911 C4S / 2021 JLUR 4xe
Wow, I'm glad I purchased mine before the price increase.

Ron93YJ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
I ordered back on 3/19 and was told via text from my dealer a few weeks after I placed the order that there had been a price increase but that because it was a customer order that my order was price protected. We will see if that hold true when Jeep invoices the dealer. My jeep is currently pending installation of additional equipment.
Sponsored