200 miles and problems already.

tas2018rubi

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I just got my 2 door JL, 1 week old. Already have to have homelink button/visor replaced and today the latch for the passenger seat recline/slide forward lever on top busted. The AC sounds like a jet plane taking off when it is on 4 or higher..Hoping this is not a sign of things to come...Really like this thing but concerned.
Sponsored

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
Recline handles seem to be a weak spot. I always use extra care with mine but its a ticking bomb. One of the small things in the 18 that Im sure they will fix. Warranties are great.

RGlideKid

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They fixed the recline handle on mine .. broke the first time I used it. Makes me worry about what else on my new $40k+ Jeep is substandard, but so far all has been well (knocking on wood).

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
They fixed the recline handle on mine .. broke the first time I used it. Makes me worry about what else on my new $40k+ Jeep is substandard, but so far all has been well (knocking on wood).
Eh it's just a handle that got specced with a more brittle plastic than it should have. It's probably already fixed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
tas2018rubi

tas2018rubi

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
What did they do to fix it. Did they order a new one?

RGlideKid

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What did they do to fix it. Did they order a new one?
They had to order the whole cable assembly, handles, and the surround. They told me that was the first time they'd seen a broken one, and I told them it wouldn't be the last. 1-2 hours to change it out.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
They had to order the whole cable assembly, handles, and the surround. They told me that was the first time they'd seen a broken one, and I told them it wouldn't be the last. 1-2 hours to change it out.
Did they cover it under warranty? After mine broke (literally 15 minutes of ownership) I studied how it works and came up with a fix (block the channel off with epoxy). It’s held up fine since then, and my kids use it daily.

I hope they redesign the part at some point, so if I go the warranty route it doesn’t just happen again.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
There are 2 common problems with the seat latch assembly that I've seen. One is that the spring tailpiece isn't long enough and will pop out of its channel if pulled too far. The other is worse, the brittle plastic where the hinge pin in set in will crack and there is nothing you can do but replace it.

RGlideKid

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Did they cover it under warranty? After mine broke (literally 15 minutes of ownership) I studied how it works and came up with a fix (block the channel off with epoxy). It’s held up fine since then, and my kids use it daily.

I hope they redesign the part at some point, so if I go the warranty route it doesn’t just happen again.
Yes!

stino

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
There are 2 common problems with the seat latch assembly that I've seen. One is that the spring tailpiece isn't long enough and will pop out of its channel if pulled too far. The other is worse, the brittle plastic where the hinge pin in set in will crack and there is nothing you can do but replace it.
Sorry to bump and old thread, but the second issue happened to me yesterday on a trail and it was absolutely infuriating. I couldn't find a way to get the seat reclined even after an hour of tinkering. I was filled with passengers and one of them had to lay across the others in back seat on our way out. No idea what I would of done if it were the drivers seat.
Sponsored