Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
Stopped by my 'local' Jeep dealer to get the wife's '20 Mojito! scheduled for the steering box TSB. The service writer actually seemed pretty knowledgeable about the Wranglers and asked my about any other issues (which there are none of), and got it scheduled with only the VIN. Didn't even need to bring it in.

While I was there, I noticed they had a bunch of new and used Wranglers on the lot, close to 20 in total, along with about a dozen Gladiators. None were customer orders. I was surprised to see that. He told me it was a LITTLE easier recently to get some ordered and delivered for their dealer stock. They were all Sports, Willys, and Saharas though, no Rubicons. Colors made me laugh though - one Hydro Blue, one Snazzberry, 2 Sarge green, and the rest were black, white, and silver! :) To be expected I guess, since they were for stock.
Sponsored

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I brought my Fiat 124 Spider to a large CDJR dealer for some warranty work —the seatbelt tensioner stopped working and had to be replaced. This is not my local incompetent CDJR dealer, but the next one over, 30 miles away.

I was struck by:
  • How many new vehicles they had on the lot. Granted, most of them still had an ADM sticker
  • How efficient and competent the service staff was! Admittedly, I hadn’t been there in six months. But it was as if suddenly, somehow, they got their shit together. They were firing on all cylinders!
Wonder if these are signs of changes from the new Stellantis management...? The CEO, Carlos Tavares, has a reputation for getting things done, fast.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I know it doesn’t sound plausible, but this CEO is truly something else. He had been delivering impressive results at PSA since he took over in 2015.

Just last month, Stellantis posted triple the expected profits, production shortages and all. Then it predicted double-digit margin profits for the foreseeable future.

https://www.autonews.com/earnings-r...gs-net-profits-nearly-triple-152-billion-2021

https://europe.autonews.com/automak...-2022-profit-margin-after-topping-2021-target

Results like these normally don’t happen this fast, especially in the auto industry.

Red Willy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Beach High Tide, 2021 2 dr. Willys stick
Occupation
Professional Nobody
Results like these normally don’t happen this fast, especially in the auto industry.
I doubt it would trickle down that fast, but I hope you're right that change in dealer attitude is on the horizon. My local dealer went from great to crappy over the last 2 years. I won't even go in for the free oil changes I have due. To most dealers that I've encountered, it's just another "unit" to get in, do a half a$$ job on, and collect money.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OldBlue

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
My local dealer that has these in stock does seem to be getting a bit better. Still a lot of price gouging going on though. Once our JLUs are out of warranty (CPO for the wife's Mojito!), I doubt I'll ever be back. Not willing to work with someone that thought a big ADM was the new way of doing business. Nope, not in my book.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Colors made me laugh though - one Hydro Blue, one Snazzberry, 2 Sarge green, and the rest were black, white, and silver! :) To be expected I guess, since they were for stock.
That is so sad and depressing.

On a lighter note, I hopped on a machine for a short time to warm up for a fitness class Monday. This is what drove by.

Don't get excited tho, this is extremely rare for the Hella's and that Orange rig to be on the road here. This city is virtually exclusively Black, 60 shades of grey/silver and White. Guessing the colors were just passing through town, but it did make my smile and happy. 😁

I'm not sure about the stock thing tho. Huge majority of the ordered ones on here are as well. 🤔

Jeep Wrangler JL 20 Wranglers in stock inCollage_20220325_073814335

OP
OP
OldBlue

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
That is so sad and depressing.

On a lighter note, I hopped on a machine for a short time to warm up for a fitness class Monday. This is what drove by.

Don't get excited tho, this is extremely rare for the Hella's and that Orange rig to be on the road here. This city is virtually exclusively Black, 60 shades of grey/silver and White. Guessing the colors were just passing through town, but it did make my smile and happy. 😁

I'm not sure about the stock thing tho. Huge majority of the ordered ones on here are as well. 🤔
At least there's a few other Hella's running around! :)

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer near me has over 50 Wranglers but they are used JK and JLs. They do have some new TJs.

Botanicalstig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
They are sitting on lots all over the place around me. Problem is that they're all wrong ($60,000 Rubicons, 4xe or v8). That's why I had to order mine.

Every dealer I called with a base model gave me the same bullshit. You can't get these anymore! It's impossible to get, better pay our dealer markup or you'll never get a wrangler! They'll be sold by lunch if you don't take it now! (they haven't)

I'll take my 6% under invoice and wait. Dealers can hold onto their 20 wranglers nobody clearly wants. They all think this is an opportunity to get rich, meanwhile nobody can afford gas, let alone any brand new vehicle.

Sponsored

reallynervous

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392XR, 2015 GC Summit
Dealer near me has over 50 Wranglers but they are used JK and JLs. They do have some new TJs.
Wait...NEW TJs!!! Please don't let this be a mistake. I'm going to buy 2!!! The TJ is the only one I missed out on new.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The dealer closest to me always orders 2 door Sports and they sell as fast as they come in. Always with a hardtop and AC. Sometimes they have 3 or 4 out front, yesterday they only had one, it was black. They also had a JLU with a soft top and 3 Gladiators.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The dealer closest to me always orders 2 door Sports and they sell as fast as they come in. Always with a hardtop and AC. Sometimes they have 3 or 4 out front, yesterday they only had one, it was black. They also had a JLU with a soft top and 3 Gladiators.
I think he typed JT too fast

swampflyer

First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlr-2015 jette tdi-2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I noticed around 10 to 12 new wranglers on my dealers lot. Usually there
was 1 or 2.
Didn't take the time to check models. Daytona cdrj has been very good to me and fixed what ever was wrong even if it had to be redone due to product failure or tech knowledge. I've purchased three Rubicons (2DR) ordered all three from Daytona cdrj and was always taken care of, by sales and service. I will admit that sometimes I had to explain things and show updated info they were not aware of. You can't blame the service if they haven't received info on a timely manner. This is a corporate issue. It's also not their fault if the labor force gets more money to stay home. I do have dealer loyalty until I get screwed. Then it's over. You get more flies with sugar instead of poo.

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Stopped by my 'local' Jeep dealer to get the wife's '20 Mojito! scheduled for the steering box TSB. The service writer actually seemed pretty knowledgeable about the Wranglers and asked my about any other issues (which there are none of), and got it scheduled with only the VIN. Didn't even need to bring it in.

While I was there, I noticed they had a bunch of new and used Wranglers on the lot, close to 20 in total, along with about a dozen Gladiators. None were customer orders. I was surprised to see that. He told me it was a LITTLE easier recently to get some ordered and delivered for their dealer stock. They were all Sports, Willys, and Saharas though, no Rubicons. Colors made me laugh though - one Hydro Blue, one Snazzberry, 2 Sarge green, and the rest were black, white, and silver! :) To be expected I guess, since they were for stock.
Was the snazzberry a 2 door? did it have half doors? if so, i'm very interested. Wish i was in the market when that color was still in production.
Sponsored