neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Now we are Twinkies, how cute.

Her's was a few K more, she optioned tan leather, steel bumper, one touch, safety, alpine, heated, aux, 3.6 auto, painted fenders, front cam, leds.

Jeep Wrangler JL '20 JLUR (manual) Gray for TX/CO use IMG_0648

We are both thinking of loosing the hood decals.
Sponsored

OP
OP
neil

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I ordered her the bull bar for the steel bumper.

I also am looking at lights for my front bumper, as much as I would like some carbon hid, Halogen yellow fogs is what I am looking for -snow driving.

OP
OP
neil

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Yesterday at a whopping 2340m I changed the oil/filter in my jeep. Put in penn Platinum 0w20 and oem filter. Took about 15 minutes directing my 10 year old.

Also blew out air filter.

The Genesis system has been issue free. I plug it in about every 10 days or so just to do something.

On my wife's green jeep I noticed one of the coolant tops was on crooked and not set. That was about 200 miles back. Repositioned it, there was no fluid loss.

OP
OP
neil

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
neil

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Since the first vendor fell through on the covers by sending me one in an open box wo parts, I ordered from 4wdparts. I know a lot of people have issues w them, but i have had decent luck w their local parts counter for orders......just be patient bc everything takes ages.

Got the call that the lights and covers are in, hope to pick them up tomorrow....it will be warmer but raining this week so we will see.

I am going to attempt to pot the rear lock sensor per another forum member's instructions.

I rotated the tires last week-another reason why I do my own basic repairs and maintenance on my vehicles-at 3K I noticed passenger rear shock is leaking. I don't feel or notice it in the cab. It appears that I can take it in for a warranty swap.....but I don't wanna deal w the dealer. And there are much better shock options than stock....so looks like a research and driveway job for a nice spring afternoon.

Sponsored

OP
OP
neil

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Lights mounted, re-worked their harness into aux 3 The Arb is on aux4. I had these yesterday in some really crappy foggy 5am weather and they worked great, even though they were the SAE (lowest luman) of the squadron line, they actually over shined the factory leds in crap conditions.

Jeep Wrangler JL '20 JLUR (manual) Gray for TX/CO use IMG_0057

I might go with some non-sae lights later, and mount these in wife's oem steel bumper positions.

Diff covers this time w parts are in the back of the jeep waiting a warm dry afternoon, also going to pot the rear locker sensor. Going to do the rear diff and change to Amsoil. I have a few bottles of OEM for our front diffs before going into the amsoil stuff. I don't mind the amsoil for the diffs as it's purchased in case lots for both jeeps and is the same price as the OEM.

Sidenote, I did measure coolant on both jeeps, mine was a lower fill coming in at about 65% via spectrometer so just added some RODI water to top, wife's jeep was coming in with a lower fill on the engine coolant and it was 52%, I think both got settled around 60%. I still need to check coolant weights in her coolant res for the 48v battery and the generator (etorque auto drama stuff).

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
Cool set of Jeeps. Thanks for sharing the build of the Gray one.

OP
OP
neil

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
OK, it's sofa king cold out....last weekend got the sensors out and potted, all went well with the sensors, but I did run into a shit bolt about 2 turns in with a ratchet.....drilled it out the backside, no problems....
Jeep Wrangler JL '20 JLUR (manual) Gray for TX/CO use IMG_0097

Got the diff covers mounted....

Jeep Wrangler JL '20 JLUR (manual) Gray for TX/CO use IMG_0091

Also got a radio mount that utilizes the trim bolt on the passenger side so no drilling....bueno. photos later on that.

OP
OP
neil

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I had a leaking passanger rear shock around 2k, I degreased it and it came back.
Jeep Wrangler JL '20 JLUR (manual) Gray for TX/CO use IMG_0136

I put in an order with Accutune @AccuTunedJL for 4 Fox 2.5 remotes. The rears came in yesterday and got them waxed last night and mounted this afternoon.

Mounting was ultra easy w jack stands, I removed the wheel, but one might be able to do this without. Another bonus, I had already cut the plastic for the rear bumper, so there was no issue w everything fitting.

I will be waiting another month or so on the fronts, as they are still on order w fox before accutune valves em. I will also be putting spring keepers on the rears as an extra bit of insurance. Measurements before and after indicated a 2cm rise at bumper and 3cm at wheel well.

I am pretty impressed initially, set both dampers w clicks up and cruised around the hood a bit, body has less roll and sits and grabs better, I need to get some miles and use before reviewing em properly....but I like what I see so far.

Jeep Wrangler JL '20 JLUR (manual) Gray for TX/CO use IMG_0135

Coming in the next week or so is my American Adventure Labs roof rack.

OP
OP
neil

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Still loving the shocks, got the fronts in the box from accutune, but plan on a new steering box before putting them in the way.

I added a satin finish American Adventure Lab cargo shelf. Loving it. Very well packed, double saran wrapped each piece with pipe insulation to protect the ends from fedex. Someone spent 15 minutes wrapping and packing it....thank you.

The satin wipes clean much quicker than the textured. great place for backpacks.

Jeep Wrangler JL '20 JLUR (manual) Gray for TX/CO use IMG_0165

Jeep Wrangler JL '20 JLUR (manual) Gray for TX/CO use IMG_0166

Jeep Wrangler JL '20 JLUR (manual) Gray for TX/CO use IMG_0170

Also passed HAM exam, removed MXT400 for wife's jeep. I will carry a handheld when I need GMRS. Installed a Yaesu FTM-300D and it's ran straight through the firewall bung into the Odyssey Aux with a fuse in each leg. I ditched their harness and used some copper 14g I had in place of their tinned harness of same ga.

Just a friendly notice, currently the HAM exam is 14 bucks online. You already know most of it, my kids do and are taking the exam. These radios do more, and are priced about what midlands gmrs stuff is.

Jeep Wrangler JL '20 JLUR (manual) Gray for TX/CO use IMG_0169
Sponsored