Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Bob, condolences to your family. Going to miss meeting you at Hot Springs this weekend.
Wow, 11k before it told you to?
Thanks, man. Sucks but what are you going to do?

Yup, 11K miles. I asked them about it and they said it was probably because so much of my driving was non-stop highway.

You guys have fun! We may try to at least hit Bridgeport Saturday as some consolation.
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Yup, 11K miles. I asked them about it and they said it was probably because so much of my driving was non-stop highway.

You guys have fun! We may try to at least hit Bridgeport Saturday as some consolation.
Part of the algorithm used by the oil life monitor is counting engine revolutions. By driving mostly highway, in high gear, you'll have much fewer revolutions per mile, thus the higher mileage change interval. Also, highway miles are easy on engines. It also may count cold starts, too, which would shorten the change interval.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Part of the algorithm used by the oil life monitor is counting engine revolutions. By driving mostly highway, in high gear, you'll have much fewer revolutions per mile, thus the higher mileage change interval. Also, highway miles are easy on engines. It also may count cold starts, too, which would shorten the change interval.
Interesting. Some of the big Diesel engines use gallons of fuel burned to measure oil intervals. The higher the load factor the higher the fuel consumption.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting. Some of the big Diesel engines use gallons of fuel burned to measure oil intervals. The higher the load factor the higher the fuel consumption.
It is very possible that could be a part of the equation, too.

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase

Day after thanksgiving
Sponsored