Sponsored

2 way radio com possible with Btooth headsets?

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
  • Banned
Froot doors off for 6 months/year. And talking with my 5 year old daughter in the back seat is impossible because of wind noise. We've been using cheap walkie talkies for awhile. They work great in the house but they have maaaaaajor sound quality drawbacks and the fng batteries die twice a week. I just popped 130 on a set of rechargeable VOX ones, but I know I'm hoping for way too much than they will ultimately deliver.

Bluetooth headsets are cheap. Can I get two way radio like communication through a pair of them and the factory radio?

Seems like the solution is almost right there but I cant figure out how to make it happen. I just want to talk to and sing songs with my little girl on the highway again. I know car radios aren't designed with this in mind.... I think. Thoughts? Experience?
Sponsored

OP
OP
anotherWS6

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
  • Banned
maxresdefault.jpg

Is anybody ooooouuut theeeere?????????

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
Froot doors off for 6 months/year. And talking with my 5 year old daughter in the back seat is impossible because of wind noise. We've been using cheap walkie talkies for awhile. They work great in the house but they have maaaaaajor sound quality drawbacks and the fng batteries die twice a week. I just popped 130 on a set of rechargeable VOX ones, but I know I'm hoping for way too much than they will ultimately deliver.

Bluetooth headsets are cheap. Can I get two way radio like communication through a pair of them and the factory radio?

Seems like the solution is almost right there but I cant figure out how to make it happen. I just want to talk to and sing songs with my little girl on the highway again. I know car radios aren't designed with this in mind.... I think. Thoughts? Experience?

Google 'Bluetooth motorcycle intercom'

OP
OP
anotherWS6

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
  • Banned
^^^^Wow. Thank you so much. Feel like an idiot not being able to find something like this, it's exactly the concept I was looking for. So basically you buy a "radio" and then connect headsets to it. Any recommendations? I'd like to stay under a hundred bucks for a two person setup. They all seem to have speakers designed to be mounted into helmits as opposed to a stand alone, over ear headset.

OP
OP
anotherWS6

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
  • Banned
Can I buy one and just use the radio portion with my own headsets or do one of them typically need to be the included hard wired set?
Sponsored