Sponsored

2 vs. 4 Doors & Soft vs. Hard Top

rainmaker86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio TI Sprt, 22 JLURD (On Order)
For me I ordered the dual top because we will be traveling when it’s cold. Also carrying things that you don’t want to be stolen. In the summer months we will mostly have the soft top unless carrying valuable items.

2vs4 I have 4 dogs 2 of which are >50lbs so that was a no brainer for the 4 door for me. If it was just me and the wife we would have got the 2 door
Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
Being a critical thinking (over-thinker) new/new-ish Jeeper/about to be again-Jeep owner (long story), I know it boils down to what I want, but how did you ultimately decide on how many doors and which top was right for you? What factors did you consider? Any factors you think I may be overlooking?

Opinions are greatly appreciated! :)
I’ve gone back and forth many times over the last 44 years. I think the best solution is a soft-top two-door AND a hard-top four-door.

Crime is crazy where we live (Oregon), and it’s increasing sharply in most states. If you travel away from home you have to remove everything from the Jeep every night or it’s likely to be stolen. A soft top can be quietly cut and opened in a blink. A hard top provides a small deterrent, at least, and a cover over stuff behind the seat can conceal a few things that are too much work to remove every night, so we can get away with lugging less up to the motel room with the hard-top.

We had a 2006 TJ Sport until recently. It was HUGE fun, and it was very capable with 2” of lift, 33” tires, and a Ford 8.8 rear end. We treated it like a motorcycle for the last five years we owned it. It was topless all the time. In fact, I went almost four years not owning a top for it. I had a rain cover for it, in case we got caught in heavy weather away from home, and we otherwise kept it in the garage and treated it like a motorcycle. I deeply regret selling that Jeep, as does my wife.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Man that is such a nice looking rig!! Very simple and tasteful. I do not see very many white Jeeps.I'm almost thinking that's the color I want
Thank you very much. When I was deciding on a color the white just seemed to “pop” more.
Sponsored