First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Our new Jeep Wrangler JL 2" SPORT system is here for the Rubicon platform! This system is paired with corner specific progressive coils and our new Dynamic Rebound Spring (DRS) technology in the shock! The DRS shock has a unique tuned metal spring that provides additional control and protects the shock too. Also with this system you will get 4.5" additional rear travel over stock and 2.5" more travel up front!!! Check with your favorite retailer on pricing!!

Make sure you order the updated part number RS66124BR5 or RS66124BR9
This covers all JL 4 door models!!!

Jeep Wrangler JL 2" SPORT lift kit system for the JL Rubicon JL_RS66122BR5_Sell
Jeep Wrangler JL 2" SPORT lift kit system for the JL Rubicon JL_RS66122BR5_Sell_Back 10.27.31 AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Our new Jeep Wrangler JL 2" SPORT system is here for the Rubicon platform! This system is paired with corner specific progressive coils and our new Dynamic Rebound Spring (DRS) technology in the shock! The DRS shock has a unique tuned metal spring that provides additional control and protects the shock too. Also with this system you will get 4.5" additional rear travel over stock and 2.5" more travel up front!!! Check with your favorite retailer on pricing!!
JL_RS66122BR5_Sell.jpg
JL_RS66122BR5_Sell_Back 10.27.31 AM.jpg
I liked the ride on your JK 2" sport setup that I installed for a few customers, what's the reason this won't fit the sport?

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
We are launching a "non-Rubicon" within a few weeks.
But if you were to compare the two, they would like VERY similar.
The non-Rubicon will seat a tad "higher"
:)

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
We are launching a "non-Rubicon" within a few weeks.
But if you were to compare the two, they would like VERY similar.
The non-Rubicon will seat a tad "higher"
:)
So if I'm ok with it sitting a tad higher this would work fine on the sport?
Any chance you will be offering the springs separate? My wife has a set of external bypass shocks on her JL currently, just looking for a nice set of 2.5-3" Springs(I'm assuming they will sit that much higher than the factory sport springs) to replace the 2.5" spacer kit she currently has on it. She will eventually get my Rubicon fender flares once a nice flat set become available. :like:

Thanks again

Chris

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
I am not too sure, if at this time, we will be offering the springs separately at this time, I have not seen a separate PN yet.
This system is pretty reasonably priced and you could probably sell off the shocks.
And for flares, I have seen the ones from Nemesis :involve:, so nice on their Rubicon.

Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
I am not too sure, if at this time, we will be offering the springs separately at this time, I have not seen a separate PN yet.
This system is pretty reasonably priced and you could probably sell off the shocks.
And for flares, I have seen the ones from Nemesis :involve:, so nice on their Rubicon.
I will probably do as you said order the whole kit today and just sell off the shocks.
Thanks for the info!
And yeah, those nemesis flares are darn sexy. I'm curious how they will incorporate or add the running lights & blinkers.

OP
OP
RanchoShocks

RanchoShocks

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gorancho.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Nice.
And I saw them but didn't pay attention to how they worked on the Rubicon. Doh!!
(PS trying to figure out the "quote" function too LOL)

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
Have you checked this kit for clearance with 37" tires by chance?

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
JL_RS66122BR5_Sell.jpg
JL_RS66122BR5_Sell_Back 10.27.31 AM.jpg
Would this work on a Sport w/Rubicon Wheels+Tires? Or is the Rubicon specification something more specific to the Rubicon's setup (different axle, etc.)?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Would this work on a Sport w/Rubicon Wheels+Tires? Or is the Rubicon specification something more specific to the Rubicon's setup (different axle, etc.)?
If mine shows up early enough today I will let you know. I'm driving my wifes Sport to the shop today as I dont have a lot of other stuff going on.
She doesn't have Rubicon wheels but she has 35s and currently a 2.5" spacer lift. I will be installing most of the parts minus the shocks and rear sway bar links.

Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
If mine shows up early enough today I will let you know. I'm driving my wifes Sport to the shop today as I dont have a lot of other stuff going on.
She doesn't have Rubicon wheels but she has 35s and currently a 2.5" spacer lift. I will be installing most of the parts minus the shocks and rear seat bar links.
Will be interested to see the differences. Good luck with the install :)