First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
It appears there are some fairly inexpensive spacer lifts compared to the whole lift systems but wondering if these work on a Rubicon since they already have a little higher clearance as stock? If so is it better to have Jeep service do the work for warranty purposes? Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
They will work just fine. Most kits come with shock extenders to maintain use of stock shocks. If you plan on running it long term you will want longer lower control arms to get your caster up. I ran the rough country spacer kit for a while before getting a better kit. I wanted to run 37s immediately. Here’s some pics with the spacer kit and 37s.

B8230DED-71E7-4A47-BEAC-A088014D2DF1.jpeg

AEAFFAD6-D994-48FF-A30B-20973C652847.jpeg

6E74E57E-AE3C-470F-9166-A4656072241E.jpeg

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any disadvantages in using a polyurethane spacer lift like Teraflex vs a metal one like RC? Do they poly spacers last a long while or would the metal ones be better?

I’m a fan of Teraflex, used them before but haven’t used their spacers before. Curious if using poly has any disadvantages to it.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If you add 2” to the rubicon without any other components your caster will be way off. The caster is already arguably too low on the rubicon from the factory and this will exacerbate that. Expect flighty, wandering steering. I wouldn’t do it without at least adding adjustable lower control arms.

OP
OP
dchemphill1

dchemphill1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
If you add 2” to the rubicon without any other components your caster will be way off. The caster is already arguably too low on the rubicon from the factory and this will exacerbate that. Expect flighty, wandering steering. I wouldn’t do it without at least adding adjustable lower control arms.
Thanks for the Info.

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Thanks for the Info.
The lower control arms from mopar are like $60 or $70 for the pair. A lot of
Guys got those to fix the caster issue. I’ll be getting those once iThat would be the only added cost you should probably plan for if you go the spacer route.

As far as the dealer doing the work... I’d find a trustworthy shop that has experience in lifts, not the dealer. The guys at the dealer who would install it are gunna charge twice as much for a most likely piss poor job. I doubt Jeep would honor a warranty on aftermarket parts even if the dealer installs it
Sponsored