2 reasons I am glad I bought a 4 door

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
LOL! and NICE! I loved my 2 door but just too many times it was a PITA not having enough room for stuff. Your example shows just how much more versatile a 4 door is. IF it could only fit my dirtbike. ;)

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
LOL! and NICE! I loved my 2 door but just too many times it was a PITA not having enough room for stuff. Your example shows just how much more versatile a 4 door is. IF it could only fit my dirtbike. ;)
That would be awesome!

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s
I just moved recently and I used my Jeep three other cars and a 26 foot uhaul. All my stuff besides my platform bed and mattress ended up in my Jeep. Also even a 65 inch Samsung in box up on top touching the sound bar. I was impressed.

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
For anyone who doesn’t have utility vehicles in the garage, it’s 4 door all the way. No question.

That said, I love my 2 door since it’s most definitely not underpowered like the 4 door is with the 6 cylinder. In fact, it feels like it has power to spare. :)

Plus the 2 door looks more like the Jeeps I grew up wanting to own someday. Even the rear seat feels roomy the one time I rode back there.

So there’s 2 reasons to consider a 2 door. But again.. for a daily driver, with no other SUV, the 4 door is the only way to go.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Everyone misses the XJ. I heard someone say, "It's not gone. They just call it a Wrangler Unlimited now."

Good point. Good point indeed.

OP
OP
stuckinohio

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
Yep, traded a truck that I hated since I bought it new in 2010 for this, so I gotta use it as a truck too!

I was trying to talk my wife into trading her car in on a 2 door just the other day. I was Using the small size as a bargaining chip. Honey, think about how maneuverable it would be as a result of the short wheelbase. I was even trying to think of ways to take it over as my vehicle and she could have the 4 door. She didn't go for it.... dang it!

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Yes, so little room in the back of my 2dr. JL. Oh my ..................

Today, I wanted to move my spare, JL, fob from my NY residence to my place in Rhode Island..... Friggin, 2dr. JL did not have room enough in it, to transport it.

I ended up getting my buddy that has a 4 dr. JLU bus, transport it to Rhode Island for me. 8-( Geeeez, guess I will have to ship it to my place in Florida when I head there...

fob-jpg.jpg

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I have rear seat out most of the time in my 2 door, it hauls alot.

Then again if I need more hauling my Ford Edge the wife is driving dominates (and its not even close) any wrangler.

But ya, if you are trying to do everything in jsut one vehicle and are willing to make tradeoffs I would get a 4 door.

knick33

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (Ordered)
We had to sell our 03 TJ because we couldn't fit a stroller in the trunk. The kids grown now, but we seem to have more stuff to haul so 4dr was a no brainer for me.