gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I’m building a detached garage and i want to put a 2 Post Auto Lift in it. I’ve already raised the ceiling height to 12’ and have made some other preparations. Now I’m researching lifts. Does anyone have any suggestions out there?
Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I've been eyeing Bendpak's GP-7 but that needs a 13' tall garage. You could probably use GP-7-LC or XPR-9S.

Also Bedpak purchased Dannmar, in case you were looking at their lifts.

OP
OP

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I’m leaning toward a couple of the Titan models, but bedpak was also on the list. Thanks again

BJACK

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2021 JLUD
I have an Atlas lift from gregsmithequipment.com that I've been happy with, good prices too.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I’m building a detached garage and i want to put a 2 Post Auto Lift in it. I’ve already raised the ceiling height to 12’ and have made some other preparations. Now I’m researching lifts. Does anyone have any suggestions out there?
Would it be possible for you to dig a foot or two into the ground? This could open up more options as you don't need to lift as high if you have a work trench underneath.

RPS1030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buggy
Think through all your possible future needs.

Ceiling height vs Body Height = Being 6' tall, some vehicles can be tall (from frame to roof) so that I can't stand up straight underneath
Body and Mirror Width = my Ram 2500 has to have mirrors folded and tires barely get between arms when driving in
Wheelbase Range = my TJ with longarms is tough to get arms short enough but arms full length is almost long enough to be perfect on the truck (3 stage arms would be nice)

I got a Atlas PV-10P last summer. Greg Smith Equip has a lot of good info on their site for more research (kind of sales focused, but useful elsewhere also.

100% go with an overhead bar vs floor plate
If you have the room/budget, 10k capacity minimum if it still adjusts small enough (2 door? or cars)
I don't have the room, but the next shop I would want wider for sure and maybe taller. Fullsize trucks and trailers are always going to be in my life/use.
Sponsored