• Total voters

RLsJL

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
I just bought a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU and would like to have recommendations on the size of suspension lift I should install on it down the road. I plan on replacing the 33" tires for 35" tires and installing either a 2" lift or a 2.5" moderate coil lift with new shocks. This Rubicon will be my daily driver. I'm also beginner off-roader.

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most difficult, I will be driving on 1-5 level trails. Of course I'll be starting out on level 1-2 going up from there.

I pulled this trail info off the web.
Level 5 trail surfaces are rutted, rocky and sandy with steps not exceeding 24”, with considerable slickrock surfaces. Water not exceeding 12” with some mud possible. Good ground clearance and driving skills are needed. 4WD, tall tires (33” plus) and traction adding devices (locker, limited slip) are required. Above average driving skills are desirable. A winch would be a plus. Enhanced suspension travel and good ground clearance are also required.

So, should I install a 2" lift or a 2.5" coil lift. Also, what brands/models of suspension lifts are recommended?

Thanks for your input.
Sponsored