Sponsored

2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick...

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
If you're familiar with the Mojave Trail, then you may have been by my friend's old cabin on the trail halfway between Basin and Razor. We started going there 40 years ago with dirt bikes and buggies, then later with horses. He sold it about 10 years ago. I've riden the Mojave trail on horseback from Newberry Springs to Fort Mojave at the Colorado river a couple times. I've flown that area and landed many times at the strip at the Razor Rd gas station that a friend owned. In fact, it was my flying that got him into planes. So, that part of the Mojave is very familiar.

We did some horseback exploring to mines on Avawitz Mtn , north of Baker as well as south of Ludlow in mines around the Bagdad-Chase mine. Around Shoshone and Tecopa there are a bunch of fascinating old subterrainian hillside mud dwellings from old miners.

A rainy winter day when the sand is wet in the Mojave is a hoot on a dirt bike or horse. I imagine a Jeep too.
The first time we did the mojave road was in my 2017 ram rebel, days after record rainfall that caused major flooding in Palm Springs. Probably the most fun I've ever had crossing that dry lake bed that was a giant mud hole. I would not recommend it, there's a reason they say it's impassable after a heavy rain. Nearly 2 miles of throttle to the floor, mud flying over the windshield, sliding sideways, and would have likely been stuck for weeks had the hemi not pulled us through. 100% the most fun you can have with your clothes on, but also majorly risky.
Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Made it to my parents house, time to shovel. I’ll have some top down fun afterwards 😉
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick... CE48EC80-8D86-4631-892D-0EEB440F7907

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick... 35ECB70D-376A-476F-B2AF-F9A861E88EB2

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Minus 12 F this morning here in the Maine foothills.

Old Yankee Farmer's saying "If on Groundhog's Day, you still have half your hay and half your firewood, then you are all right". "If not, you are in trouble".

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, I'm itching to get back to soft top season but every time I take this thing out in the snow I remember the other half of why I bought it - it's a tank. A tank with a beast of a heater and tons of ground clearance that laughs at the giant piles of snow the plows dump on my driveway apron.

I'm really impressed with the OE Michelin all-season tires on my Sport S. Not sure if A/Ts are better or worse in the snow, but the Michelins are great.

Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
I can't wait for spring, this is my wife's first Jeep so she has never experienced what a topless Jeep summer is like.

She already loves the Jeep, warmer weather would just make it even stronger.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
God bless you. The cold’s not for me though.
One thing made me chuckle in your video. I get the sense your wife doesn’t like the top open at 25 degrees as much as you. She was bundled up like Kenny in South Park.
Mine also hates the open top. Even if it’s 75 degrees. After 70 degrees she gets overruled. I’ve learned to make her bring a light jacket and keep hair scrunchy things that they use in the glove compartment.
If she doesn’t top down with me, then it’s a deal breaker. I don’t care if she’s Jessica Alba, I won’t tolerate Debbie Downers and my soft top closes in seconds anyways, so it’s not like we’re stuck frozen. I just got really unlucky yesterday and didn’t hit anymore traffic or red lights all the way home.

I originally dropped the top because we were stuck in a ton of traffic, the Jeep heaters were getting too hot and I needed a smoke break. This grandpa in a minivan next to us was grinning ear to ear giving us thumbs up.
Worth it

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
If she doesn’t top down with me, then it’s a deal breaker. I don’t care if she’s Jessica Alba, I won’t tolerate Debbie Downers and my soft top closes in seconds anyways, so it’s not like we’re stuck frozen. I just got really unlucky yesterday and didn’t hit anymore traffic or red lights all the way home.

I originally dropped the top because we were stuck in a ton of traffic, the Jeep heaters were getting too hot and I needed a smoke break. This grandpa in a minivan next to us was grinning ear to ear giving us thumbs up.
Worth it
You know the heater is adjustable right? Pretty sure pushing the down button on the climate control is quicker and easier than opening the top? To each his own, but I'll pass on the top down snow catcher.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Don't get me wrong, love some winter wheeling, snow is great because it mostly cleans itself on the way home. I'm also well beyond my 20's, feeling like I had to prove myself to anyone including myself. I'll be snow wheeling in the jlur with the top on, seat heaters and steering wheel heater on. Sure, I could drive an open top flatty through the woods and dig a snow cave to spend the night in like we did in our youth, but why?
I had the seats on, the steering wheel heater on and the heat running. I am in my 50s. After I aired the tires back down. Note I aired them up about 2 hours prior to this for the wheeling I did on Saturday. While driving back home from Northern Michigan, saw some trails that I had not run in the Manistee National Forest and pointed the JLUR down them. I had already gone about 12 miles on the trail before I got stuck. It was an easy out, Had to winch up a small hill, I tried to dig the tires out and back down so I could get more speed, but it just dug in farther. I aired down and off I went for another 10 to 15 miles of trails before I jumped on the blacktop again.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i cant wait for the warmer weather. knock on wood, the winter here have been pretty good. except the last few days of 20* bitter cold weather and this snow storm we are having now. i'm tired and done with winters and want to move somewhere a bit warmer.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59098

We are in Northern California and are already missing summer and riding around in the Jeep up at the cabin! Sierra snow can be the worst this time of year.
Johnsville 2018 Before and After!.jpg
Is that what Tahoe is looking like now? I need to dig out my house in Meyers next weekend. On the other hand I was cruising around Silicon Valley yesterday in 65F sunshine with my freedom top off.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Twas a fun day today. Went to the local national park after shoveling the old folks place for 5 hours, and another JL Sport showed up at the EXACT same time!
Jeep Wrangler JL 2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick... 1612231081006

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick... 1612231110631

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick... 1612231132346

Was wondering how the hell I was going to record myself dropping my top, but the Jeep gods answered.

Jeep Wrangler JL 2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick... 1612231171089

Last edited:

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
First real winter in the DC area in a couple years so i cant complain to much.. plus i forgot how much i like sliding around corners and doing donuts. Plus having my son with me and listening to him laugh as we slide all over the place is well worth it. But honestly im ready for some warmer weather to drop the top down.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Human nature is an amazing thing and how we take things for granted. I remember last fall when the weather was still nice, after pulling my doors and opening the roof all spring and summer, thinking ah I’m just going to the supermarket, I’m not gonna pull the doors. I skipped it a few times. Tomorrow’s Feb 1st. 2 months to nice weather. I wanna open my Jeep like a baby wants it’s bottle.
Have any of you folks in cold weather areas done the same thing?
I got my 2021 JL in November when the weather was turning. I have never had the doors or roof off. I just did not think it would be that much fun at 30° F. At least that's what the wife told me. Can't wait for Spring.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Twas a fun day today. Went to the local national park after shoveling the old folks place for 5 hours, and another JL Sport showed up at the EXACT same time!

View attachment 418974

Was wondering how the hell I was going to record myself dropping my top, but the Jeep gods answered.

Did your A/C work well? 🤣
Sponsored