Sponsored

2 more months of winter...tick,tick,tick...

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I think that in the first part of March, I am going to take the Jeep to Georgia, Alabama, and Florida and then swing back up through North Carolina. I need to escape the cold and get the badges in Georgian, Alabama and Florida. Fly my wife to Flordia and hang out around a pool somewhere for a week.
Sponsored

OP
OP
sf5211

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I got my 2021 JL in November when the weather was turning. I have never had the doors or roof off. I just did not think it would be that much fun at 30° F. At least that's what the wife told me. Can't wait for Spring.
It’s an amazing experience the first time you open the Jeep. My first year I only removed the roof and that was awesome. When I bought the Top Lift Pro I spoke to the owner of the company, he said “I have a nice door cart for the doors “. I said “nah I’ll probably never take off the doors “. He replied “oh don’t worry, you will”.
My second year, gorgeous spring Sunday, nothing planned, I figure ah what the heck..... OMG awesome x 2!
Bought the door cart. The only negative the first time I pulled the doors was I didn’t plan that I’d have no mirrors. The drive was amazing but at the same time uncomfortable because you have to snap your head around to make sure no one’s beside you. My advice is buy a set of mirrors before removing your doors.
welcome to the Jeep family. You’ll be here for life.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I think that in the first part of March, I am going to take the Jeep to Georgia, Alabama, and Florida and then swing back up through North Carolina. I need to escape the cold and get the badges in Georgian, Alabama and Florida. Fly my wife to Flordia and hang out around a pool somewhere for a week.
Reach out when you get to Florida, I’ll roll with you, if you don’t mind some company.

Nothing to getting your badge here, you can do it in a minivan, lol. Hardest thing is trying not to scratch the crap out of your Jeep. Some guys that hang out over there, have painted there rigs with LineX or Rhino Liner bed liner, lol.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Human nature is an amazing thing and how we take things for granted. I remember last fall when the weather was still nice, after pulling my doors and opening the roof all spring and summer, thinking ah I’m just going to the supermarket, I’m not gonna pull the doors. I skipped it a few times. Tomorrow’s Feb 1st. 2 months to nice weather. I wanna open my Jeep like a baby wants it’s bottle.
Have any of you folks in cold weather areas done the same thing?
Dude you and I are cut from the same mold. We are always jonzing for warm weather (I remember many discussions with you last year). Right now I'm seriously considering taking a drive to FL just so I can get there and take the top off. If it wasn't for the pandemic, I would already be on the road.
Sponsored