G Man

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door
Title says it all.
I ordered a 2" Mopar lift from the dealership. (my brother actually works there as a truck mechanic). Anyway, I dropped it off at 9:30 am. 4 hours later they called and said come pick it up. I was anticipating what I thought it would look like but was in no way ready for what I saw. WOW, that sucker is way up there.
I measured from the ground to the step on the floor board when I dropped it off, That measurement was 21.75". I measured it when I picked it up and it was 27.75". So at the end of the day a 2" lift raised my JL 6". Did I get the wrong kit? Now to go fill those gaping holes with some 35's.
How does a stock JL hold up with 35's? Anybody have any experience? I read all kinds of stuff about heavier axles, different gears etc... What say you?
Sponsored

brewcrew

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Punk'n
Title says it all.
I ordered a 2" Mopar lift from the dealership. (my brother actually works there as a truck mechanic). Anyway, I dropped it off at 9:30 am. 4 hours later they called and said come pick it up. I was anticipating what I thought it would look like but was in no way ready for what I saw. WOW, that sucker is way up there.
I measured from the ground to the step on the floor board when I dropped it off, That measurement was 21.75". I measured it when I picked it up and it was 27.75". So at the end of the day a 2" lift raised my JL 6". Did I get the wrong kit? Now to go fill those gaping holes with some 35's.
How does a stock JL hold up with 35's? Anybody have any experience? I read all kinds of stuff about heavier axles, different gears etc... What say you?
Got any photos?

Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
A mod leads to a mod, to another mod, then still another mod... Soon enough you’ll be to the gearing and axles you asked about.

Ask anyone with tattoos if they’ve gotten their last one. Once you start modifying something it’s exceedingly hard to stop.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
First post on the forums, and it's a tall tale? I an in TX maybe I need to track this lifted rig down and see for myself. :devil:

Seriously though, maybe it didn't settle yet? Or maybe it was still on the lift :giggle:

Mine is legit 6" higher, but that included the new tires.

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Isn't it just springs and shocks? How long do you think it should take?
That was a joke. You know, because dealerships are like, dumb and stuff?

However, if we're going to be serious here, yeah. The kit is just springs, shocks, swaybar links, and a couple control arms. It's an incredibly easy lift kit to install. I did mine in my garage with hand tools in roughly four hours, but part of that was because I got hung up on the control arm bolts. With air tools and a lift, two hours is all one would need, if that.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Yea...need pics! And where in Texas? I want to see this thing.

HighDeaf1080p

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2dr Sting Gray
Maybe they ordered the JLU version of the Mopar lift, that would have stiffer springs to accommodate the additional weight. Since yours is a 2 door, it would sit higher, and ride MUCH rougher.

I'd start looking at part numbers of what they installed, just to be sure. Sounds exactly like something a dealership would do. "Relax, we've installed 20 of these lifts. We know exactly what we're doing."

OP
OP
G Man

G Man

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I ran out to do a little business and you guys asked for a pic. So here it is. It looks a little goofy with the factory rubber on it.
After pics.jpg
Mind you I still have to order up some wheels and tires. I'm thinking Method rims and 12.5 tires.

OP
OP
G Man

G Man

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh by the way. Kingsland, TX. On lake LBJ just outside of Marble Falls. Marble Falls has a way cool trail at Hidden Falls. Ever heard of it?
Sponsored